A little CoD2 help, please?

Special Operations Group

Moderator: Vir2L™

SiP
Peon

A little CoD2 help, please?

Post by SiP » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 am

Well...just picked up a copy of the game a few days ago. Ever since getting and trying to play it, however, I've continually ran into a freeze-up situation.

Although I was able find one version patch @ www.macgamefiles.com(CoD2Mac1.3.dmg), I'm sort of wondering if there's either another patch I'm in need of or if I need to simply make some sort of adjustments in the game's "Options."

In regard to the latter, I wouldn't think this to be the problem - especially in like of the fact that my computer is more than capable - but maybe y'all know something I don't.

In any case, the game has been freezing only after I start a game. I get to the tutorial pre-game of the single player campaign mode. The instructs me to shoot at plates, bottles, etc, and shortly thereafter the start of it the game freezes up to the point where I have no option but to pull the cord and battery. What gives? I've yet to try a multiplayer game type to see if the same result occurs, but I'd be surprised if the game works any better in that mode.

Whatever ya got...I'm all ears.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Sry for the delay SiP. I just got back from my vacation.

It seems pretty odd that you are having these issues. I would suggest a fresh install of CoD2. Have you tried that?

Get on our TS channel, and I'm sure we can figure this out.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Yep, thanks, that's all it took.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Sweet!

When are you usually online SiP?

We have some nice servers we usually play on.

I haven't been on as much as I used to but I'd like to play some games with you.

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:46 pm

I actually meant to bring that item up earlier. Since getting back, I've been busy with an assortment of tasks. Among these has included reuniting with family and friends, moving from one state to another, and, currently, getting back into the swing of things when it comes to being a student again. I've paid a visit to GameRanger every now and then but have yet to join any of the SOG server games. My semester load is looking to be fairly light, so I'm looking forward to getting in the action from time to time.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:19 pm

hit us up when you have some time.