CoD2 Demo Moding?

Everything about CoD, CoD 2, and their mods.
HOLLYWOOD

CoD2 Demo Moding?

Post by HOLLYWOOD » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Everyone!!

Is there a way to mod the CoD2 Demo version?? I am really new at editing games, so I will probably need a step-by-step thing. Thanks!!.

Btw, I am running on Leopard. I am assuming that everyone here is on Macs.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:31 am

I haven't checked the CoD 2 demo so I'm not sure if there is any protection on it that stops modding, but if there is not then you should be able to mod it the same as the full version.

To start editing the files you have to expand the .iwd files. These are just zip files so if you change the extension to zip then you can just expand them normally. Make sure you make a backup of the original iwd files just incase you mess them up.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

HOLLYWOOD

Post by HOLLYWOOD » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:55 pm

I changed the .iwd to .zip, and expanded it. Now what? I'm kind of new to the whole modding and editing thing, so I don't know where to start.
Thanks!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Depending on the file you expanded, you should see a weapons folder. I'm going to assume you want to modify multiplayer guns. Inside the weapons folder you will see a mp folder and inside that will be the gun files. Then you just pick a weapon you want to edit and open it in a text editor. You can change all the stats of the weapons by doing that.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig