Raven SHield Not Working ANymore?

Everything about RvS and its mods.
St EyE

Raven SHield Not Working ANymore?

Post by St EyE » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Ok, this has just started happening all of a sudden. Everytime i try to join a room or host my own, the game automaticly quits. It actually never opens. Once im in a room, i hit join/start, this is what comes up:

<< Starting Game >>
<< Returned from Game >>
<< §t.EyE Aborted Game >>

Any ideas/solutions for this?

Checked my crash log and this is what comes up

History:

Exiting due to error
MisingIni
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:33 am

Can you start the game without GameRanger? Have you installed any mods or maps recently?
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Monoman wrote:Can you start the game without GameRanger? Have you installed any mods or maps recently?
The same thing happens when i try starting up the game without gameranger. And no mods/maps have been added recently.
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:28 pm

I can't think of any ini file that doesn't get re-created if missing by RvS. Probably the quickest fix is to just reinstall RvS. The other way you would have to keep checking files which would end up taking longer than the reinstall. If you have maps installed, you can use the File Keeper app to uninstall all the maps then try starting the game. If that still doesn't work then after you reinstall RvS you can run the RvS Map Installer on the folder created by the File Keeper to quickly reinstall all your maps.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:32 pm

Monoman wrote:I can't think of any ini file that doesn't get re-created if missing by RvS. Probably the quickest fix is to just reinstall RvS. The other way you would have to keep checking files which would end up taking longer than the reinstall. If you have maps installed, you can use the File Keeper app to uninstall all the maps then try starting the game. If that still doesn't work then after you reinstall RvS you can run the RvS Map Installer on the folder created by the File Keeper to quickly reinstall all your maps.
There's creates another problem, ever since this happened, I am unable to re-install the game. It stops at halfway and says ERROR.
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Does the install stop at the second CD? I had a similar problem with my second disk. To fix it, I duplicated my second disk and used that one with my original first disk and it works perfectly now.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:31 am

Monoman wrote:Does the install stop at the second CD? I had a similar problem with my second disk. To fix it, I duplicated my second disk and used that one with my original first disk and it works perfectly now.
It says error at the end of the first disc download. And im not entirley sure how to duplicate the disc.
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:18 pm

When you are installing RvS does the error come up before it asks you for the second disk?

To duplicate the disk, I just made an image of the CD and burned the image to a blank CD.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 pm

Monoman wrote:When you are installing RvS does the error come up before it asks you for the second disk?
Yes right before it asks for the second disc, its when it gets up to STREAM.SSO
Last edited by St EyE on Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
?t. For Life

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:43 pm

I checked in console for when the game crashes when i try to start it up and now its changed.
<?int?Core.Errors.PackageNotFound?>

<?int?Core.Errors.History?>:

Exiting due to error
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:16 pm

That looks like a corrupt file. By the name probably the core.u file. It looks like the best solution is to do a reinstall. Make sure you delete the preferences for the game also when you reinstall.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:21 pm

Ok i've deleted everything that has to do with raven shield. When i search it in my Macintosh HD nothing comes up and it still says error in the same spot when im re downloading it, which is when it gets up to STREAM.SSO on the first disc.
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 am

I would try burning a copy of that disc and try installing with that. I had no problems with my second disc after I made a copy of it.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

St EyE

Post by St EyE » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Monoman wrote:I would try burning a copy of that disc and try installing with that. I had no problems with my second disc after I made a copy of it.
Yeh i tried that but after 60% of the burn it said error cause the cd is supposedly messed up and not the whole copy was made
?t. For Life

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:19 pm

I have no idea of a fix for that besides getting a new cd. It sounds like the disc must be scratched.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig