PC + Mac RvS?

Everything about RvS and its mods.
KingYaba
Operative

PC + Mac RvS?

Post by KingYaba » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:13 pm

I'm curious, are there any differences bewteen the platform versions of the game?

h4ppytr33

None.

Post by h4ppytr33 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:32 pm

None except mac users can only update to 1.56 (1.57 in game and 1.58 in gameranger or whatever but it's still just 1.56), while windows users can update to 1.6. Truthfully it doesn't matter because UBI still let some nasty bugs survive in every patch. Most are gone though.
Gamplay is the same. Maps and so forth are the same.
The only difference is the intro video shows ASPYR instead of whoever for windows users :) (OH AND Mac Users can't host dedicated servers....which sucks. Alot.)

I'm not sure about the mac community and RVS but as usual it's more than likely that the mac version is neglected moreso than the windows version in terms of support.

It's still a good game on either OS, even though its community is somewhat vacant on the grounds both OSs. (IMO anyways) :cry:

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:34 am

The PC Community is pretty alive.. I have averagely 460 Servers with about 700 Players online whenever I play. Very nice and Friendly are the FENIX Servers.. As for the Mac-Version.. my home machine never really was able to run it properly and my company-mac is firewalled so no Online Playing. Actually Raven shield was the ONLY reason for me to buy a used PC.

But i enjoy Playing Tango hunt and Missions on my mac in the company..

BTW is there a PC OR Mac Version of Big Ben?? or any other Map from that Mappack?? Swiss Bank would be nice too

KingYaba
Operative

Post by KingYaba » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:56 am

What I would like is to be able to play on PC servers with my Mac. :(