STEAM's 'In-House Streaming' system - PC games on Mac

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

STEAM's 'In-House Streaming' system - PC games on Mac

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:15 am

Hello chaps,

I've just done an upgrade to my PC gaming machine and to my surprise this had an affect on my Mac gaming!

The performance upgrade I did meant I was able to efficiently use STEAM's In-House Streaming system for the first time and I was able to 'run' some of my PC games over my network on my MacBook Pro!

Sniper Elite 2: Zombie Army works remarkably well!

Some games ran better than others - ironically some of the older games, which I though would run better, stuttered more than some of the newer games. You do have to fiddle around with settings and try out different resolutions with thost game to get it to run on the client machine but I'm impressed as it adds some more games to my Mac inventory!

Battlefield 2 stuttered along - surprisingly as it's an older title now.

Ghost Recon Classic work nicely (after adjusting the resolution to suit) which is good news for me as I've had a terrible time trying to get this title working on Mac OS X any other way.

Another beloved classic which used to run on Mac just fine - but I can't run on OS X anymore.

The downside is that - of course - I can only run these PC games while I am attached to my home network AND I have to have my host machine (the PC) on to run them. So this isn't a portable work round. (Also, the host games have to be in your STEAM library.)

Over the next couple of days I will be working through my STEAM library to see exactly what works and what doesn't ------ I am also trying out the new BETA for BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE! I don't hold out great hopes but it will be fun to see if it runs (even if it does because it's an online game there will be issues of lag).

Anyone else using this system?

Steve

Dead Site
Veteran

Re: STEAM's 'In-House Streaming' system - PC games on Mac

Post by Dead Site » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:28 pm

yes

i'm glad they fixed it for launcher games like Guild Wars 2 and Tribes: Ascend
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]