Tekkit/Technic

Everything about Minecraft.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tekkit/Technic

Post by Monoman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Is there any interest in playing Tekkit? For those who don't know its a mix of various mods. It would require the Technic Launcher to join the server. I was thinking of running it this weekend if anyone is interested?
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Sven
SEAL

Re: Tekkit/Technic

Post by Sven » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:12 pm

YES
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:37 am

Holy goddamn shit, yes. If you set up a tekkit server i'll build you a reactor that outputs 2030/eu per tick, which is a goddamn lot. :P

It eats up 47 uranium cells per cycle, but this setup with my tweaks is surprisingly safe.

But yeah, I like tekkit. I'd play when i have time.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:30 pm

TaxiService wrote:It eats up 47 uranium cells per cycle, but this setup with my tweaks is surprisingly safe.
Thatssss a very niccceee nuclear reactor you have therrrreee....

Anyway, sounds cool. Now I need to get the Tekkit client and we'll have a game. :)

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 am

Tekkit breaks for me. It only worked once in like Beta 1.7.3. I think it's because it doesn't recognize my account due to something and maybe the fact that I use an e-mail now because I migrated my account to a Mojang "Master Account" (or something)
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Cronos Dage wrote:Tekkit breaks for me. It only worked once in like Beta 1.7.3. I think it's because it doesn't recognize my account due to something and maybe the fact that I use an e-mail now because I migrated my account to a Mojang "Master Account" (or something)
You can play Tekkit with a migrated account.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm

TaxiService wrote:Holy goddamn shit, yes. If you set up a tekkit server i'll build you a reactor that outputs 2030/eu per tick, which is a goddamn lot. :P

It eats up 47 uranium cells per cycle, but this setup with my tweaks is surprisingly safe.

But yeah, I like tekkit. I'd play when i have time.
Holy shit, I have no idea what you just said but it sounds like something I should play.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:37 am

You definitely should. It's a pretty cool pack of mods. Redpower adds some things that should be on minecraft by default, like logic redstone blocks, cables that can be put on walls and ceilings, microblocks (you can cut up blocks in many ways and combine them to make awesome things)
It also has a beautiful tube system that can be set to sort your stuff in chests or move it in machines.

Industrialcraft adds machines that allow you to do a lot of things. For example: the macerator is a machines that turns any metal ore into two ore dust items, and if you cook those in a furnace you get an ingot for each one of them, effectively duplicating your total resources. These machines need power to run, and it can be produced by solar panels, geothermal generators (things that run on lava), nuclear reactors and much more.

Buildcraft adds some machines too. An example is the quarry, a machine that digs in a specific area down until bedrock level. The items can be moved through this mod's pipe system, which personally i don't like as much as redpower's tubes, but it's cool as well.
These machines need power to run as well, but it's a different kind of power. (buildcraft uses minecraft joules (MJ), while industrialcraft uses electrical units (EU). There even some machines that can convert the two kinds of power..!)

Equivalent Exchange is another mod that makes cheating legal. It's based on the principle that every item and block is worth a certain value (expressed in EMC, i don't know what it stands for), and through magic means you can exchange what you have for something else. For example: cobblestone is worth 1 emc; so is glass. This means that if you had a stack of cobblestone you can exchange it with glass in the blink of an eye!
Many people frown upon this mod because of overpowered it is. It has some very useful blocks though. My nuclear reactor design uses a block called Energy condenser, that converts anything that's put into it in the block type that you specify.

But this is only a little description of what actually is there in tekkit! There are many more mods that add cool stuff, and the possibilities are endless! We could build a city with train systems or some shit!! I'd definitely play if mono hosted a server.

By the way Monoman, i don't know if this is possible, but i was thinking that you could just add a tekkit world on the main server! What you had to do, theoretically, is to create a tekkit server, move all of our worlds in there, disable all non-vanilla blocks and items in the old worlds, and add a new world where they are enabled!
In this way any vanilla user would be able to get in the other worlds, and any tekkit user could also get in the new world! Do you think this is possible? I don't know! Maybe it'd just be easier to run a different server. :-\
MGM Sig

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 am

The server is now running Tekkit.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 am

Aw, but it's only running industrialcraft! We need moar, man!

EDIT: no, really monoman! Tekkit makes no sense with only industrialcraft! Let's just try to enable all the mods and see how it turns out! If it lags too much we'll see what to do.
MGM Sig

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Tekkit only worked for me when it was Beta 1.7.3. Not really enjoyable anyway.

I no longer get errors with my account when using the TechnicLauncher yet now it simply opens a window that appears to be the size of a Minecraft window before entering fullscreen. The window closes and everything crashes.

also, TechnicLauncher uses some silly Automator process now.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

wildrn
Peon

Post by wildrn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 am

I've been running a Tekkit server for myself and a few friends but if any of you guys here want to join that's cool, just shoot me a pm or something :P
Sparky wrote:Click me repeatedly. Made ya look!
Sven wrote:I appreciate the help, Mgablergh.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:35 pm

This sounds awesome.. fuck I hate not having internet :/.
Stupid tinypic removing my images