Questions

Everything about Minecraft.
Yarok
Ranger

Re: Questions

Post by Yarok » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Scumbag Notch, makes game called Scrolls and adds dragons and spells to Minecraft.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Meh, both things were planned for a while, I'm just surprised they got implemented. Soon we can ride dragons!
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Existentialism is my middle name.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:40 pm

White Knightmare wrote:Meh, both things were planned for a while, I'm just surprised they got implemented. Soon we can ride dragons!
Well, not the Enderdragons. But since a long ago-update Notch had already planned dragons to be eventually implemented. If you go see the dragon model on youtube, that will be the size of normal dragons. It will be red, because that is the color of dragons. They may be found on the normal world, perhaps in lairs or something. Enderdragons are supposed to be even bigger then they are now, and only one will ever spawn in The End. It will hover around the point 0,0 which is where you will enter The End. He can only be hurt with certain weapons and only by being hit in the head or underbelly. Insanely difficult to kill. Except it's worth it, because killing him provides you with an instant level-up to 76. That's assuming you started at 0 XP. The experience he gives is the equivalent of killing 4,000 normal hostile mobs. That's a lot of mobs.

Also, on the topic of Skyrim, just watch this video. Mind = Blown

Yarok wrote:Scumbag Notch, makes game called Scrolls and adds dragons and spells to Minecraft.
It's funny because Minecraft is closer to Elder Scrolls then Scrolls is. Go figure.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:06 am

>Make very low-budget game
>Sell it at "discount price"
>Make it really popular
>Sell game to corporation
>Profit, in a very literal sense
>Repeat
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Drac is too lazy to log in on windows

Post by Drac is too lazy to log in on windows » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:18 am

White Knightmare wrote:>Make very low-budget game
>Sell it at "discount price"
>Make it really popular
>Sell game to corporation
>Profit, in a very literal sense
>Repeat
Er... Who would that be? Because Minecraft still belongs to Mojang. And I wouldn't really call that a corporation. In fact, what game has done that, not counting TF2, Dota2, Portal, Counterstrike, and Day of Defeat. Though those were originally mods snapped up by Valve and turned into full games, not discount games. Except Portal, whose predecessor was a college project released for free.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:20 am

Notch has said from the beginning it was his plan to sell off the game after he made the framework for it.
Edit: Maybe I'm drunk.
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Well, considering he started a company in order to further work on his game, I would guess that he changed his mind.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 am

Minecraft is now ruined...
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Mota-Lev wrote:Minecraft is now ruined...
No, you.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 pm

The only completely unavoidable, major things to have changed since the original browser version are:
a) Water physics
b) Hunger bar
c) Endermen
d) Different terrain features
e) Bow mechanics

If you want to build like you did in the old Classic mode you have an inbuilt Creative mode. If you want classic survival, aside from the above changes you can restrict yourself to only using things from classic survival (ie no potions, enchantments, running, etc). If you don't want to deal with a part of the new Minecraft you really don't have to. The hunger bar is the biggest exception since you cannot heal in the old fashion of just eating pork. The bow is the other big change, since it does not work in any way the same as before it's change. It must be charged.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:23 am

I don't know why people hate the hunger bar so much:
1. It doesn't kill you if it runs out, it takes your health down half-way.
2. There are melons now, on top of wheat/bread already being an infinite food source. Having trouble keeping the hunger bar up? Then you fail at this game.
3. In the past versions, I always just dropped my shit off in a chest and then suicided if I wanted to get my health back up to full. Unless they nerfed damage, which would then cause this to no longer be a problem anyway, so far as I know you can still jump off cliffs and die and whatnot.
4. The only really bad thing the hunger bar does is prevent you from sprinting when it's out. Oh, but wait! Sprinting was just added to the game, and I've been playing for a year and a half now without the sprint function and done just fine! Oh boo hoo, you can't sprint, go cry in the corner about it.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Kayar wrote:In the past versions, I always just dropped my shit off in a chest and then suicided if I wanted to get my health back up to full.
Lol'd.

draconic74 wrote:The bow is the other big change, since it does not work in any way the same as before it's change. It must be charged.
Let's mod a crossbow that acts the same as the old bow! Or, like, with less rps?
Maybe something that has less charge time, or that allows full movement while charging? We are Mac Gaming Mods after all!

…come on, let's learn Java! I forgot Python so I guess it's cool.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:45 pm

I would, but I have never been capable at learning languages.
English is the only one I've ever been able to use.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Ahem, I'm learning java on the side with ruby being my main priority(For a game i'm making...).
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.