[MOD] Log Mod Extreme

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

What should be the easter egg, for the next version of Log Mod Extreme?

A special gun, with some kind of log creation specialty or a for combat.
No votes
A powerup of some sort that, maybe lasts forever.
No votes
A device machine that opens something, that has another kind of easter egg.
No votes
A device that spurts out an effect that gives a player a speed boost or something else.
No votes
Other easter egg ideas, (post it on this topic to possible make it a choice).
No votes

Total votes: 0

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

[MOD] Log Mod Extreme

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed May 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello, members of MacGamingMods.com, today I am going to present to you my new mod, Log Mod Extreme.

Short Description:
Start with the loggun and eraser to make things out of logs!

Changes:
*The loggun has been added to let a player project logs out of nowhere to build things out of logs!
*The eraser has been added to let a player erase logs, in case of a mistake. :D
*Spawning weapons has been changed to allow a player to not only make things out of logs, but to also have the assault rifle and pistol to have an epic combat!

How to download:
*Open HaloMD
*In the Mods menu, open the Install Mods menu and choose Log Extreme

Or download from here and place it in your Maps folder.

Credit to Sparky for the loggun precision and log model.
Credit to Yayap the Grunt for making the Noobinator, which I modified to make it the eraser.
Credit to whoever made the rl railgun in CE, which I modified to make it to the loggun.
Credit to 2310 for making this possible.

Enjoy the mod!
Last edited by rEsTnPeAcEz on Wed May 22, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: [MOD] Log Mod Extreme

Post by nil » Wed May 15, 2013 6:37 pm

I like that there's an eraser. Have not seen that before with log mods.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 am

I'll have to check this out and see how the eraser works. : | Is it something like... logs have a destroyable coll with a very high health, and the eraser does that really high damage but only to that material?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu May 16, 2013 12:40 pm

nil wrote:I like that there's an eraser. Have not seen that before with log mods.
:D Someone requested it when I was playing Log Plus Plus, because people we're spamming logs when we were trying to make castles and stuff.

---
TaxiService wrote:I'll have to check this out and see how the eraser works. : | Is it something like... logs have a destroyable coll with a very high health, and the eraser does that really high damage but only to that material?
Yes, that is exactly how it is done.

---

The mod will have a simple update to it:
I am going to change the weapon animation of the eraser, because you can not see the full weapon model... Also I am going to try to prevent the screen from shaking when you shoot with the eraser, it is annoying when you are trying to erase a lot of logs. I can also try to make the map file size smaller, it wasn't supposed to be that big. Some tags are unused and a weapon is unused that I previously imported.
Any suggestions?
Maybe two log guns, like in Log Plus Plus where the log guns have different first person offsets to it.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm

It's official!

This mod will be remade by me, completely. It will have a smaller map size. Two log guns, one eraser and a big SURPRISE! It will be basic, like Log Plus Plus and other log mods out there. The good thing is that one log gun will have modified projectile offsets for precision and the other will not have any projectile offsets modified which can also be good for some things, for example making walls.

The eraser will have one purpose, to erase logs!
The logguns and eraser will have no camera shaking, so you can be accurate when trying to shoot.

No bitmap changes needed or will be put in this version.

List:
*The plasma pistol will be a loggun.
*The plasma rifle will also be an loggun.
*The fuel rod gun will be the eraser.
[EDIT] The weapons for log creation will be the starting weapons, because clients need to know which weapons are for what.

If you have any suggestions, comments, ratings, etc. Tell me. Thank you.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Re: [MOD] Log Mod Extreme (UPDATING)

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri May 17, 2013 11:08 am

Guys, someone got me with an idea.
A log gun should have two logs projecting, side by side, for making things such as ramps and roller coasters.
It will be a double log gun. Do you guys like the idea or hate it? Also any idea on how it will be done?

[EDIT] I am getting more ideas:
1. To have like a stronghold at the top of the map with a kind of secret weapon, or a device that gives you powers such as speed.
2. (Samuco told me this) To make fake logs, which you can go through :P Get ready for TROLLARCH!
3. A force gun. Bring logs toward you or push logs. Maybe I can use a dual weapon for it.

Any more ideas, comments or suggestions? PM me or just post on this topic.

How do you guys think about these ideas?

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat May 18, 2013 8:25 am

And another idea :D
- The flamethrower should be able to burn logs with a fire effect.

I personally like it. How about you guys?

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote: [EDIT] I am getting more ideas:
1. To have like a stronghold at the top of the map with a kind of secret weapon, or a device that gives you powers such as speed.
2. (Samuco told me this) To make fake logs, which you can go through :P Get ready for TROLLARCH!
3. A force gun. Bring logs toward you or push logs. Maybe I can use a dual weapon for it.
1. Log mods are more about creativity than combat ... but perhaps an easter egg that requires solving a puzzle with logs?
2. Might be somewhat annoying, especially if someone makes a really high ramp with a fake log in the middle.
3. Scen can't be moved, I think ... so you'd need to make the logs something else, like vehi.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat May 18, 2013 9:46 am

Log Mod Extreme v2 is OUT!
Download now and simply put it in your Maps folder!

Changes:
*A new log gun has been added!
*No more bitmap changes.
*Eraser has been perfected.
*Fake logs has been added!
*More precision then ever!

Who knows, I might even make another EXTREME version of this mod.

Necessary information to know:
*The plasma pistol is a log gun, but it has two triggers right? Oh yeah, the second trigger is the trigger that shoots fake logs! You can eraser the fake logs if you aim the eraser's reticule right at the center of the fake logs. :P
*The plasma rifle is another log gun, but it is even more precise then the other one.
*The fuel rod gun or plasma cannon is the eraser, to simply erase logs.
All these weapons listed above are the starting weapons, unless the starting weapons are generic then it will only be the plasma pistol and the eraser.

Credit to 2310, Sparky and Samuco.

As always, enjoy the mod :D

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue May 21, 2013 8:58 am

RIPz, I'm doing a mod I had planned for years to do, but put aside until now. It's called Building Blocks, where you have scenery building blocks of a greater variety than logs. From what I have heard of it, this is similar to Forge in Halo 3+.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue May 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Sparky wrote:RIPz, I'm doing a mod I had planned for years to do, but put aside until now. It's called Building Blocks, where you have scenery building blocks of a greater variety than logs. From what I have heard of it, this is similar to Forge in Halo 3+.
Probably will take long, but you can do it, cuz it might be good. Remember there is a limit for scenery.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 pm

So, the votes are in and the easter egg will be put in a next version.
Any objections? Say now.

The only problem is that the scenery limit goes down, meaning less logs to be shot (but the limit is still big...).
The fort/tent/stronghold at the top of the map will probably be made of logs, to keep that log mod theme. But that also creates a problem, by having people being able to erase the logs. Just with a simple swap of coll tags and it is fixed.

So what about the actual easter egg? What do you guys think it should be? I'll give multiple of choices what some possible things it could be. Also, any ideas, just PM me or post it right here.

We have all the time in the world

LOL I DID THAT MANUALLY \ :) /

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm sorry, but not even being colorblind justifies the gradient you made, dude!! :​P

It's okay though. There's still time to learn how colors work!
Like, it's just weird to me, y'know? I must've learned color theory when i was very young, and i've been living surrounded by people that don't understand how the chromatic scale works! Like, i went to an art school and all my friends, even the ones that were good at what they did, didn't know how the RGB system worked or why we use CYMK for printing and all that jazz.

and woohoo, way to be offtopic!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue May 28, 2013 2:43 pm

well i am not so good with hex anyway, but i am good with rgb values, i just need a converter :D

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 pm