CLAUSTROPHOBIA

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

a bullet

CLAUSTROPHOBIA

Post by a bullet » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 pm

WOOOOOO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzOQFpGPYE
I (sniff) … am done with it. This has eaten up so many hours of my life I have convinced myself that I must release it, finally, before I come up with another tweaking idea and must postpone the release for many more months. This is a CSS mod (ghasp), where you can host a modded server and have normal players, whom are not running the mod, play along with you without lag or horrendous warping.* Using swordedit, endurance, and too many sleepless nights I have moved just about absolutely EVERYTHING in the original bloodgulch map file into the two small caves housing the flamethrower and overshield, hence the name 'claustrophobia.'
16 bloodthirsty players, too many weapons, and no way out.
CHAOS ENSUES
And, still, I somehow was able to throw in two vehicles for the sake of the lols.
EVERYTHING in here is modded to some extent. Functionality, visual appeal, etc of every featured weapon has been changed. Now that I think of it I don't think there's anything in the .map file that I didn't edit in eschaton. I could list all the changes (ie everything) but that would take forever, and I would rather let the players experience the game for themselves.
stop reading and play
-a bullet <3

DOWNLOAD

*You may have to tell your players they cannot leave the caves. Occasionally they will be walking up to the caved-in sections of the map, and warping. They will probably cry 'LAG' and hate you forever. Otherwise there is usually a love/hate response from the client-side audience, as all major functionality changes are CSS.

Also credits to t3hlag and o90x42424 for several animations and base bitmaps.

Supports Capture the flag, slayer, and oddball.
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: CLAUSTROPHOBIA

Post by nil » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 pm

You should try porting the mod to MD so that some of us can actually play it and try it out.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Wow, excellent mod. The weapon balancing is spot on. From the two-capacity shotgun to the flamethrower that damages the owner--spot on. Very believable rock covers, too.
The modifications all suit the map very well. Heavily modified HUD, but no errors in its rendering. Only thing that may be a problem is, it might be hard to play CTF; actually getting the flag to your side in a big game would be quite an achievement.

Great job.

EDIT: Also, after I converted it to HaloMD, the vehicles did not spawn. Worth looking into if you're porting it.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:32 pm

About vehicles not spawning: It might have something to do with the gametypes. Like, just get in the scnr and set the vehicles you want to spawn by default. Halo demo's gametype spawned 1 hog, 1 rhog and 1 banshee per team. HaloMD's gametypes just spawn the default vehicles per team, and they're not the same. (I mean, if i recall correctly. •_•)

Anyway gee this seems like a really interesting map! Looking forward to play on it a bit whenever i get some time!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Modzy wrote:Also, after I converted it to HaloMD, the vehicles did not spawn. Worth looking into if you're porting it.
I swapped the Banshees with the Shade turrets in both the scenario and globals a long, long time ago to get them to spawn with default settings. I guess I could've always just meta edited their tags in the scnr but forgot to before I released it. I don't know if this helps at all. Also, in HMD, I don't think the default gametypes spawn vehicles, do they?
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 pm

The default gametypes only spawn the default number of vehicles custom tailored in the map. You can change this.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 pm

You should fix the vehicle problem and port it to MD. It will be put into the mod database so that other people can play it.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Imma play Juggernaut with traits like speed boost and damage boost. OMG Gonna Be Sooooooo Fun!!!!!!!!!!!