Galaxy Wars Epic Series

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Galaxy Wars Epic Series

Post by Sparky » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Galaxy Wars is a continuously extensive epic series set in a single multiplayer map with multiple planetary terrains accessible from the player's star ship.

You begin on your ship... where will you go? Which planet will you explore first? What will you discover there?

Each version release will feature a new planet to explore. Each planet has unique objectives and encounters and is a unique experience overall. Good luck!

-- Coming Next Week! --
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Galaxy Wars Epic Series

Post by Sparky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:27 pm

here's a version that works with halomd (converted with pearl beta)
http://www.filedropper.com/bloodgulch

it's a pretty lonely planet...

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:58 pm

I did my own conversion with Pearl Beta, and this is now version A1 which includes more detail on the "lonely planet". I think I have the storyline almost ready, but I'll have to use a different sky for this first planet since it still appears as if it is a location on the Halo ring, which by this point has been destroyed.

Galaxy Wars Epic Series includes a massive war single player campaign and the aftermath that is the multiplayer storyline.

Here is the information pertaining to the multiplayer storyline:
You are in stasis after the Halo wars, but your journey is not yet over.

Just a little bit about the first planet: it's "glassed" (completely wiped out) , and what you are walking on is actually a fragment of the planet that broke off and is flying in space. It exhibits an odd history, it seems like there was a war that might have been the cause of its destruction (I didn't give details about the single player campaign yet). Your objective is to explore the planetary fragment and see what you can uncover about what happened there. And yes, "uncover" is a pun, lol. And also would be Durandal's way of hinting at what needs to be done there (for your Marathon fans).

For each method of reaching the next world in the sequence, the last world in the sequence will take you back to your survey of the galaxy. Since there is only one world so far, completing the objective will transport you to the galaxy survey again. From there, your unknown guide will lead you to subsequent worlds.

There will be puzzles, mazes, complex environments to unravel, and soon, what is going on will become clear.

After all, it is only a stasis dream. A dream in the aftermath of galactic war.

EDIT: Released another version. Contains both Multiplayer and User Interface maps for Halo Demo and Halo Trial, and only the Multiplayer maps for Halo Custom Edition and Halo Full.

sparktastic

Post by sparktastic » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:17 am

I have the music and theme chosen for the second world.

sparkplug

Post by sparkplug » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:42 am

Sparky Tours Bloodgulch to the music of the second Galaxy Wars Multiplayer world.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Release of version B1. Enjoy the dynamics of the second world! As a tip, you will most likely need to use a gametype that has infinite time. Knowing the basic paths of how to finish the second world, it still took me a little over 12 minutes in all. Credit for the "luck" of having it work out where there is always a means to continue onwards in the second world is not based upon my own intentions... in other words, I'm not that genius ;) .

The second world is dubbed "Where there's a will..."

Since the second world can be rather frustrating, I'll just give this simple bit of advice: keep looking around, because if the path you're trying to travel is too difficult, a different way is probably the right way.
Unlike the first world, the second world really only becomes familiar after playing through it about 4 or 5 times and exploring every nook and cranny (of which there are very very many).

And if you guys need me to, I can record a YouTube video of me playing through the second world.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Picture Or it didn't happen.
-TaxiService

(I don't have the game....I'm being pussy for not downloading the demo and the full version.)

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:37 am

Zanghfei wrote:Picture Or it didn't happen.
-TaxiService

(I don't have the game....I'm being pussy for not downloading the demo and the full version.)
World 2 walkthrough

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am

Sparky that is pretty damn impressive, I just watched a bit without audio when you were mountain climbing and it looked pretty awesome.

Well done on the terrain. Made me think of skyrim a bit.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Sparky, have you ever played a PS1 game called LSD: Dream Emulator?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm

No, why do you ask?

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 am

Your mod reminded me of it! Here's a random video of it on youtube, but it's a much more interesting game.

Also, ever played Myst? :P Same reason.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes, I'm sort of turning Galaxy Wars multiplayer epic series into a kind of myst / riven game. Sort of.