Halo Combat Evolved: Firefight (Mod Release!)

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Halo Combat Evolved: Firefight (Mod Release!)

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:30 am

Are You Ready for the Assault? Welcome to Firefight.

Produced in about a week's time, this is a total conversion mod for the Halo: Demo for Mac/PC.

Background

Battle against wave after wave of Covenant assaults as you fight for your life inside one of the most famous multiplayer maps of all time! Utilize everything from your jet pack, to your DMR, to the infamous target locator to fend off the alien onslaught! Play one of 18 unique game modes, many of which are EXCLUSIVE to this mod, and not seen in any other Firefight experience elsewhere, even on the console versions! Battle in one of four unique map variants to add another dimension to the Firefight experience, making for 72 unique ways to play! A different battle, every time.

Play gametype variants like Domination and Fireball and see how much ball/hill time you can accumulate against waves of Covenant constantly bearing down on you. Charge through the enemy offensive and create one of your own as you seek to complete death-defying laps in Deathrace, and complete Halo: Reach's most famous objective "...Survive..." as you endure until the very end in Firefight Classic mode.Take to the air and rain down fire on your enemies in Rocketfight, or hang back and deal out death from a distance in Sniperfight.

With so many ways to play, the waves of Covenant aren't the ONLY thing that can be endless in this mod...

What are you waiting for, trooper? We need you on the front line NOW! Download Halo Combat Evolved: Firefight, and start wasting some bad guys! See you on the other side!

A Note from the Creator

This mod started out back before Firefight was confirmed for CE: Anniversary. As such, I saw there was a gap to fill in the Anniversary experience, and I wanted to fill it. Even though Firefight is now confirmed for CEA, I think this mod will still serve as a sweet new refresh for people who don't own 360's and won't have access to CEA like the rest of us. This mod is especially for you guys. :)

MANY GRACIOUS thanks to everyone whose work made this mod possible. This was in no way entirely my doing, I'm not that high-caliber a modder, and most of the work you see before your eyes is a goulash of many different mods/tags rolled into one amazing experience. I don't want to extend this post any further than it needs to be, so I'll just say that the credits to all whose work went into this mod will be in the mod's enclosed manual. There are countless people to thank, and I can't say it all here, so please read the "Read Me" for all the details.

I hope everyone has a blast playing this mod. I certainly enjoyed making it. Have fun!

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?j8c4ej2ww4cwx07
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Halo Combat Evolved: Firefight (Mod Release!)

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Added to HDM

EDIT: Please move this topic to the Mod Release forum.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Sparky wrote:Added to HDM

EDIT: Please move this topic to the Mod Release forum.
Can I do that? Don't you usually need to have a mod do that?
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 am

If by mod you mean moderator, then no. You just ask to join the HDM modder's group, which it looks like you already did, and then upload the mod to the Mod Database using the upload page on the wiki. http://upload.halodemomods.com/

EDIT: Oh. Yes, I was speaking to one of the MGM forum moderators, sorry for the confusion. But you can post this as a new topic in the Mod Release forum. But it's better if you just have a moderator move this topic to there. And next time, post your releases in the other forum.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I particularly enjoyed Bloodgulch firefight and Sniperfight. Great job on this mod dude!
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:49 pm

I Fucking like this...

zombies was nicely re-implimented here, wasnt too many or two few, it was a perfect amount to where they kept coming at a nice rate.

The knife melee made me pee.

I don't agree much with CE but that was sexy bra. Thanks for the credit and after testing I rate dis mawd:

Gameplay: 8 I've recently burned myself out on zombies working on the L4D V2 mod, but still the fun remains.

Look: 6 - Seemed a bit unpolished, fog turns things blue when rendered at a distance. Hud is nice but could be worked on.

Overall: 6

A Cleaned up V2 with perhaps a more devoloped surrounding, idk about you but unless its overly simplistic each nice mod should have it's own unique twist to the area around it. If you change the mod2 of the scorpian and the warthog to ligh coop teleport it will make the vehicle invisible. Im guesing you chose do not import duplicates upon import, not so friendly with the zombie spawner.

But most of all. THANKS FOR FINALLY USING WHAT I GAVE MGM TO CREATE WITH, THANK FUCKING GOD SOMEONE FINALLY TOOK WHAT I MADE AND BASED SHIT OFF OF IT. I was pissed when i didnt strike a revolution of epic when I released that mod lol.

Now all we need is AI Syncing... sparky... or anyone else who wants to be badass.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Fonzie wrote:I Fucking like this...

zombies was nicely re-implimented here, wasnt too many or two few, it was a perfect amount to where they kept coming at a nice rate.

The knife melee made me pee.

I don't agree much with CE but that was sexy bra. Thanks for the credit and after testing I rate dis mawd:

Gameplay: 8 I've recently burned myself out on zombies working on the L4D V2 mod, but still the fun remains.

Look: 6 - Seemed a bit unpolished, fog turns things blue when rendered at a distance. Hud is nice but could be worked on.

Overall: 6

A Cleaned up V2 with perhaps a more devoloped surrounding, idk about you but unless its overly simplistic each nice mod should have it's own unique twist to the area around it. If you change the mod2 of the scorpian and the warthog to ligh coop teleport it will make the vehicle invisible. Im guesing you chose do not import duplicates upon import, not so friendly with the zombie spawner.

But most of all. THANKS FOR FINALLY USING WHAT I GAVE MGM TO CREATE WITH, THANK FUCKING GOD SOMEONE FINALLY TOOK WHAT I MADE AND BASED SHIT OFF OF IT. I was pissed when i didnt strike a revolution of epic when I released that mod lol.

Now all we need is AI Syncing... sparky... or anyone else who wants to be badass.
Yeah it's a big " -.- " when people don't run with the baton you pass them.
I have a nice setup now with 3ds Max (the student semi-legal version anyway) so I'll be tossing AI synchronization up with the Zeus salad. Anyone bring the croutons?

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 pm

I actually just played a bit of this and enjoyed it a lot! Good job, it was really fun...
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Sparky wrote:Anyone bring the croutons?
Dude I have the Croutons, I fucking Promise you. You get me AI Sync-ability, Ill give you the most epic Mod Pack of all goddamn Modding history.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:59 am

AI synchronization is the only barrier between the entire Halo gaming community and coop multiplayer.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Pretty much so. Wow. The possibilities could be endless. But we are still pretty far from getting something that runs and looks nice in the AI syncing department.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:44 am

AI synchronization would prove to be a huge accomplishment if someone pulls it off.
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.