New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

[MOD] Sniper Forest

Post by Sparky » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Sniper Forest

Description

Sniper Forest is a log mod, but features a new log scenery object that contains multiple LODs, or Levels of Detail. This means that the render clipping that occurs from too many polygons in the camera view is not as likely to happen; you will also notice that the log appears to shift in detail as the distance between the log and the player camera view changes. You can see from playing Sniper Forest that this clipping issue affects objects without LODs more than it affects the logs now.

Sniper Forest was originally meant to be a maze map called "A Mazing", but since I had little success with using Starlight's new Wall feature on a rebuilt map, I'll have to save that maze mod for later. But it's easy to get lost in Sniper Forest too :D

The screenshot above shows a tank; I've included a gametype for King of the Hill games with a single hill location. This mod is compatible with all gametypes, and I recommend them all.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: [MOD] Sniper Forest

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:33 pm

impaled tank
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:03 am

reminds me of counter strike custom sniper maps... very nice :D

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 am

Pielogist~ wrote:counter strike custom sniper maps
Gesundheit!
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.