[Reference] Halo Full Multiplayer SBSP models

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

[Reference] Halo Full Multiplayer SBSP models

Post by Sparky » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:23 pm

All the models are housed in a single Wings 3D file.

EDIT: You will have to flip all the faces of each .obj in order for the models to be right-side-out.

Wings 3D
Halo Full Multiplayer SBSP models
Sparky wrote:What I CAN give you is what I'm about to give everyone: a Wings 3D save file that has all the Halo Full Multiplayer sbsp models as references. It's for reference so that we can see generally what the layout of each map is, and the imported objects are named so that you can identify the map in case you forgot what sidewinder looks like, for example.

Q: Remind me which map was prisoner?
A: Open the reference file and see!

If anyone here has 3d Studio Max like I do, you can save the scene as a 3ds file and open it. Then in 3ds max, you'll have to rescale each model to 10,000% for it to be the correct size. I've already placed each model above the base plane for clipping purposes, but once you rescale each model, you'll have to move it up on its Z axis (or Y axis in Wings 3D) again so it lies entirely above the base coordinate plane. You'll also have to add a frame box, link the model you want to that box and do all those other neat steps involved in actually creating a tag.
Again, remember to flip the faces!
Last edited by Sparky on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Moxus
Delta Force

Re: [Reference] Halo Full Multiplayer SBSP models

Post by Moxus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:43 am

You know what I'm going to say about this, but at least you left it in Wings 3D. That's better than releasing the tags.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 am

Doesn't matter, odds are they are completely useless if he used eschaton. If he used windows programs and the UV's work, well, unless they model it's no use to anyone, for Mac anyway.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:33 pm

http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:M ... rences.zip

The above is a bloodgulch map with a nulled main bsp and fly-around layout with all the halo full multiplayer bsps for you to check out. It has all the models of the multiplayer bsps, but without collision and is for reference purposes.

I'm on 10.5 now so I didn't test the file before uploading it. I see no reason why it should fail, as SwordEdit shouldn't have broken it and everything seems fine. Let me know if the map file is playable :)

REMIND ME TO FLIP ALL THE FACES NEXT TIME.

Yep, it works. Enjoy seeing everything inside-out :P I suppose you could go back and export all the .obj's to Wings 3d, flip all the faces yourself, but, eh... perhaps a mere revision is in order. (Oh darn, another hour of work.)
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Sounds coolio
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:05 am

I just flipped all the faces and exported them as tags... sorry, no Wings 3D file, you can just flip the faces with that yourself.

Updated version is the second version of the same file at HDM. You can use the same link as before, it's a new file though.

Have fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Sparky wrote:I just flipped all the faces and exported them as tags... sorry, no Wings 3D file, you can just flip the faces with that yourself.

Updated version is the second version of the same file at HDM. You can use the same link as before, it's a new file though.

Have fun!
Updated for real now ;)