Ive been banned from !!!Cortana

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Envy9

Ive been banned from !!!Cortana

Post by Envy9 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:05 am

Ive been banned from Bigass final, and I have no idea how to fix it. I haven't used a lewd username or bigoted language on the server, yet I am still banned. If anyone reads this, please help me.

baked

Re: Ive been banned from !!!Cortana

Post by baked » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:34 pm

that server is lag city

most of the regulars play at sparky's bloodgulch now.

maybe sparky will launch a bigass server that isn't a laggy warpy mess.

Limey

Post by Limey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:52 am

@baked you clearly have no concept or understanding of what lag is. The majority of players on the CORTANA server have zero issues with lag. Maybe fix your crappy internet.

swampy

Post by swampy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:33 am

@baked... I've never had a problem at Cortana. Great server.. Also some of us have set up haloMD so we can join and play on the PC servers. (500 servers) Oh yea.. I hope you enjoy Blood Gulch.. It's like wanking off...

jack

Post by jack » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:05 pm

I was ip banned from cortana for trash talking by a guy named weyland and the map was completely gone but after 2 weeks the map appears to be back but when i try to join it it says straight away THE SEVER OPERATOR HAS KICKED U FROM THIS SERVER could anyone help please

swampy

Post by swampy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:37 am

jack wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:05 pm I was ip banned from cortana for trash talking by a guy named weyland and the map was completely gone but after 2 weeks the map appears to be back but when i try to join it it says straight away THE SEVER OPERATOR HAS KICKED U FROM THIS SERVER could anyone help please

You need to go here and plead your case. https://discord.gg/Jkfq3z

baked

Post by baked » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:01 am

@Limey I'm on Google Fiber. LOL. My ping on other servers are 50 ms or less.

Most people's pings there are over 120 ms. Lots of framing and warping.
It's just bad hosting ran by amateurs.

baked

Post by baked » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 am

@swampy I installed that MD patch to load the 1.10 PC lobby... installed all the missing maps and now there's lots of servers to play. :-)

Bigass is fun to play but just laggy warpy on cortana. Hopefully Atomical fixes his mod or maybe I'll start another bigass server... if i feel arsed enough to do it :D you'd make a great admin!

limey

Post by limey » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 am

@baked - good luck - you sound like you really know what you're talking about :roll:

Weyland

Post by Weyland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:36 am

@baked - Hi, my name's Weyland - I'm the amateur who owns and operates the Cortana Bigass Final servers. They are ranked in the top two or three Bigass servers in the world by Gametracker https://www.gametracker.com/search/halo/?query=bigass

Just wanted to respond with some info you might find helpful.

First off, Google Fiber connects your home to your local DSLAM exchange.

There isn't necessarily any Google Fiber connection from your local DSLAM exchange to wherever a game server might be located, and therefore having Google Fiber at home doesn't necessarily have any impact at all on your ping when connecting to servers situated large distances from you.

Atomical's servers are based in Dallas, Texas.

My servers are based in Los Angeles.

You yourself obviously get better ping from Dallas, Texas which suggests you live on the East Coast.

I get about 60ms better ping from my server's than Atomical's.

You've declared "most people's pings there are over 120ms".

Not sure what methodology you've used to come so that conclusion, but I have access to the hosting tools that show me the average ping logged since December last year.

And prior to making them public, I tested moving the server to many different locations all over the world before the actual data clearly showed that Los Angeles provides the best option for an international player base.

Atomical corroborates this in a post on his HaloMD Discord...

And here are the results of pinging Atomical's BIgass Christian vs my CORTANA Bigass Final MD/PC server from multiple locations

Atomical

CORTANA

On the issue of "framing", using CTRL + F12 on Halo PC Retail brings up a frame rate counter and graph. Atomical's server and my server both log a consistent 30 FPS.

Couple of other factors to consider.

Atomical's servers are Linux based, where as mine are Windows based.

My servers run on superior hardware to that offered by Linode, Atomical's hosting company.

Now as you rightly point out, I am only an amateur (is there such a thing as professional Halo Combat Evolved server hosts?), but I thought you might find this info helpful.

Weyland

Post by Weyland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:39 am

Those image links again

Atomical's comments on Discord https://imgur.com/X1wl2VU

Multiple location pings -

Atomical's Christian https://imgur.com/ZoUUKur
CORTANA MD/PC https://imgur.com/GeJYNPx