New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Bloodgulch+ (1.3)

Post by TaxiService » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:18 am

Hello, here's another mod i made.

Description:
A revamped version of bloodgulch. The scenario, vehicles, original and new weapons have been finely tuned to spice up the gameplay without changing it too much from that of the original map.

List of changes:
• General:
-- More player spawns added, some vehicles have been moved around.
-- More KOTH hills added.
-- New racetrack.
-- Less eye-pounding look of the environment.
-- Trees, rocks and covenant torches have been placed around.
-- More weapons and ammo placed around the map and in the bases.
-- New sniper spot easily accessible by blue team.
-- Generic weapon set gives player pistol and SMG, Custom weapon set gives them random weapons in all gametypes and a needler in race.

• Original Weapons:
-- Assault rifle now holds 32 rounds, does more damage and is shinier.
-- Shotgun pellets' spread has been decreased.
-- Needlers have a different look. Needles travel faster and home more.
-- Increased rate of fire of plasma rifle and decreased spread. Its bolts travel faster.
-- Plasma pistol bolts travel faster. Overcharged shot is left unchanged.
-- Flamethrower has a new HUD. (the usual one i use)
-- Fuel rod's, shotgun's, sniper rifle's and assault rifle's hidden shaders have been reactivated.
-- Pistol, rocket launcher, fuel rod, flamethrower and sniper rifle are otherwise left unchanged.

• Custom weapons:
-- Assault shotgun: the bastard offspring of an AR and a SG. Its magazines hold 8 shells that can be fired in fast succession. (Previously known as autoshotgun)
-- Pummelshot: the good ol' taxi's best friend. A shotgun that holds two powerful shells that pack one hell of a punch. They'll push you and whatever they hit backwards. (hud has been renewed, and the gun cocking animations have, sadly, been removed)
-- Blowtorch: Fires a relatively long, focused flame that stuns and does heavy damage to players and vehicles. >The range is really short.<
-- Carbine: Uses the MA5K model, but acts more like a DMR. It holds 15 rounds that act exactly like those a pistol, but that travel faster and further. Comes with a x3 zoom. In auto fire mode the spread becomes huge, so use it like you would a pistol.
-- Heavy sniper rifle: Uses the gauss rifle model, but acts more like a TF2 sniper. After each shot the zoom fades, requiring you to zoom again. It is a bolt action rifle, and Its magazine holds 9 rounds that act almost exactly like the original sniper rifle round, with the only difference being that they can also somewhat push backwards what they hit. (If used sapiently, you can even flip jumping enemy warthogs).
-- SMG: stolen from a random CE map, you'll often be relying on this weapon until you find something better. Holds 60 rounds that do well in close quarters but perform worse on longer ranges.

Other stuff:
-- The bases and sniper spots of both teams now have radios! Red team radios play Deceptacon, by Le Tigre, and blue team radios play The Safety Dance, by men without hats. ; )
-- A Taxi Hog is hidden in the map. Should you acquire it, you'll be able to carry three passengers and scare off enemies with the warthog theme song from red versus blue.
-- The radios' and warthog's music can be toggled from the game's preferences. (music volume)
-- ?

Media:

-- Here are some environmental pictures.

-- A quick little montage showing what it's like.

Downloads
:
-- You can download the mod from Halo Mini Demo's install mod menu. Its name is "Bloodgulch+"
-- Or download the map file directly from mediafire. (bgplus_2.map, version 1.0)

Known Issues that are gonna be fixed in a future update:
-- There's a typo in the item ustrs.
-- The Carbine's range of the reticle turning red might be a little too short (not a big issue at all)
-- (UNCONFIRMED) One of the taxihog passenger seats doesn't let you shoot your weapons. Further testing hasn't shown this to be the case though.
-- I might have to nerf the needler a bit.
Last edited by TaxiService on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Bloodgulch+ (1.0)

Post by nil » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 pm

I still need to figure out the taxi hog.. I remember where it is since you showed me a video but not how to get it : P.

P.S. Don't show me secret video spoilers in future.

[EDIT:] Never mind. It's not very hard to figure out if you were spoiled on the location : |.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:46 am

>Don't show me secret video spoilers in future.

My eagerness to show you the way i hid it clouded my judgement. I won't show you secrets in my next mod. :P

By the way i want to make an island mod. I've been wanting to do it since forever, but i realised that the bsps i can start from are no good. I will have to make my own using CE, starting from b30_a rather than the shitty deathisland bsp.
MGM Sig

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:24 pm

I had a lot of fun playing this. The music put a smile on my face. New weapons are really cool and the gameplay was fast paced. Also it seemed balanced very well. Great job man!

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 am

t-thanks dude ·‿· I'm even gonna release an update soon to fix some errors and nerf some op weapons. (namely the needler and the assault shotgun)
Anyway i'm glad you had fun! ·‿· I hope to meetcha in game sometimes!
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: Bloodgulch+ (1.3)

Post by TaxiService » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:15 am

A new update is out! (or, well, it still has to be updated to the mod database. here it is at least.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z5k9dkavl8zr ... p.zip?dl=0

What's new:
- Added a new weapon: the Campbell Equaliser. It's a pistol inspired by the game Oni.
- Added horns to normal warthogs
- Added more sniper ammo spawns

Here's a quick video to show the new gun:

MGM Sig

VicFirth

Re: Bloodgulch+ (1.3)

Post by VicFirth » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:50 pm

This is such a great mod, and always really popular on my server. Thanks for making this!