Ahoy

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
WaeV
Peon

Ahoy

Post by WaeV » Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 am

Hey folks! I didn't see an introduction section on this forum, so I hope this is the right place. Some of you may know me from OpenCarnage.net.

I don't own a Mac, but there's been a lot of cross-pollination between PC modders and Mac modders recently and I figured I'd hop over here and see what's up.

I'm an eagle scout, skier, and I love loose-leaf tea. I've traditionally liked Linux but my co-op opportunities have pushed me in the Windows and .Net direction (which I don't particularly mind). I've been intermittently modding Halo since middle school. I'm also an avid Age of Empires II player.

Oh, and I once built a homemade water gun back in high school.
http://youtu.be/aicfg2qoCv4?t=10s

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: Ahoy

Post by TaxiService » Thu May 30, 2013 9:40 am

Holy shit dude that water gun looks freaking awesome. If i were in you i'd have put a piston rod-like thing attached to a hand crank, so that turning it would build pressure up in the gun; more or less using this principle backwards:

Anyway YO! Welcome to Mac Gaming Mods! : ) Make yourself at home!

PS: I promise i'll get in OC as soon as i am not so friggin' busy; lol.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu May 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Yep, it's the right place to post. We do have an AOE board buried somewhere in here. Anyway, welcome aboard.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Fri May 31, 2013 4:44 am

TaxiService wrote:Holy shit dude that water gun looks freaking awesome. If i were in you i'd have put a piston rod-like thing attached to a hand crank, so that turning it would build pressure up in the gun; more or less using this principle backwards:
For a handheld "water rifle" I think that would have made it more unwieldy, but I was looking into the idea for a canoe-mounted water cannon. Use footpedals to power the compression tank while your arms aim (or paddle the canoe).

Unfortunately the gun broke when all that pumping snapped it at the back. I should have seen it coming and added some bracing.

This is an "APH" or "air pressure homemade" but the REALLY epic guns use CPS "constant pressure system" technology, which is basically using a rubber hose as the compression tank. Whereas compressed air makes the water just dribble out at the end, with rubber you get a near-constant stream until you run out. Fun stuff.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 pm

holy dicks, sandstorm

i just had a nostalgia attack over here oh god

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Cool an eagle scout. I'm the Canadian equivalent.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:56 am

A chief scout?
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]