Slipstream

Everything related to graphics and image-related topics.
Magnum
Peon

Slipstream

Post by Magnum » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:38 pm

This is my first space large art that actually came out amazing. I had seen them a lot online and they literally wow'd me. That made me know this was my goal.

I tried one a while back, and it failed. So I got home and wanted to try it again after about a year. And here it is, after 7 and a half hours later. Everything was made from nothing. The only thing I used was a rock texture for the planet, but even then, I had to recreate the texture in a bigger document. The only thing is I don't know what to do with was the font.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n379 ... izzell.jpg

Click this ^ link if you want to see it full size. its really big though.

Any type of comments and criticism is appreciated. I want to expand on this and create more pieces like this.

Thanks guys,

~Magnum~
  • ::Mah Sigs::

Slapzy
Ranger

Re: Slipstream

Post by Slapzy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 pm

I fricken love it. +100
Nicely done sir.

If I must criticize it in any way, it would be that font taking up the majority of the lower corner. Shrink it down about half that :)

Other than that, the only thing I might say, is that in the top right, it looks like you went a tad heavy on one of the brushes, but it still looks great, so not a problem.
~ Teh Slapz
TaxiService wrote:OMG BARREL ROLL ON ACIDS
._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._.
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Look mah, it's a win!

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Awesome; overall looks really cool. Only thing I can say is I don't think the red and orange fit in too well with the rest of the colors/theme. You should make a wallpaper size version.

Magnum
Peon

Post by Magnum » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks guys.

Zap----The original is like, 1920x1080 or something like that. So depending on the screen, would fit. Fits mine perfectly. If you want it for a wallpaper, I can upload it as a file to get the full size. And while i do that I can change the font. I still dont know a font to use for it and where to place it.
  • ::Mah Sigs::

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 am

Wow its great! Im using it as a wallpaper now. However certain people are asking who is the creator...

Very nice indeed.
Click!

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:10 am

Magnum wrote:Thanks guys.

Zap----The original is like, 1920x1080 or something like that. So depending on the screen, would fit. Fits mine perfectly. If you want it for a wallpaper, I can upload it as a file to get the full size. And while i do that I can change the font. I still dont know a font to use for it and where to place it.
Mac has a "Fit to screen" and "Fill screen" feature, so 1920x1080 pretty much fits any screen :P

You could just do without the font =\
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.