ERSB notice <-How to change it and Hex Alphabet

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Syperium
Ranger

Post by Syperium » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:56 am

Don't add zeros. Make sure they're periods.

If you were editing the E.S.R.B notice... make sure you keep the periods where they are, and just change the letters.

G.a.m.e. .p.l.a.y. .m.a.y. .c.h.a.n.g.e. .d.u.r.i.n.g. .o.n.l.i.n.e. .p.l.a.y.

Just change the letters.

Ex.

M.o.x.u.s.'.s. .m.o.d... .H.a.v.e. .f.un.!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Notice I didn't delete any periods that were already there. But, you can add a period where an already existing "letter" was. Just always make sure you don't delete the periods. Just highlight the letter, and change it.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:38 am

you can edit "The Island"

I am not telling you because that would be modding somebody's mod

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:03 am

Thank you Syperium!

--Moxus--

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:40 am

002:
you can edit "The Island"

I am not telling you because that would be modding somebody's mod
*sigh* i am not getting the sword's credits, i will write everywhere that the mod was originally made from sword....

i am modding Sword's Island because i have not all the necessary knowledge/tools and operative system to make a TaxiService's Island, so sorry 002, and sorry sword =_=
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Syperium
Ranger

Post by Syperium » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Moxus wrote:Thank you Syperium!

--Moxus--
No problem.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:19 pm

Hm..

Tried changing the text around.

Everything works out dandy, besides from the text "Blood Gulch", and "Supports vehicles", when you are at the Choose Map screen when first making a server. However, it's fine when you make a New Game when the server is already created.

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:55 pm

Leviathan wrote:Hm..

Everything works out dandy, besides from the text "Blood Gulch", and "Supports vehicles", when you are at the Choose Map screen when first making a server. However, it's fine when you make a New Game when the server is already created.
The reason it doesn't do anything when you're selecting a map is because...the map isn't loaded and you're modding the unicode strings in the map file. If you want to change what it says before you start a server, you need to edit the ui.map file.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

TheSlothist
SEAL

Post by TheSlothist » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:11 am

Altimit01 wrote:
Leviathan wrote:Hm..

The reason it doesn't do anything when you're selecting a map is because...the map isn't loaded and you're modding the unicode strings in the map file. If you want to change what it says before you start a server, you need to edit the ui.map file.
You still don't listen to me levi, sometimes i do know what I'm taking about ;D
OMFG THE INTERNET IS SO SRS.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:09 am

Now, I want to change the name of EVERYTHING, every vehicle and weapon there is, all to the same name (you'll find out why when I release the mod). Yet I've hit a barrier: Multiple attempts to find "shotgun" or "pistol" resulted in failure to find anything. When I tried simply searching for the ASCII of "pelican" I found multiple references, none of which looked like the actual name of the vehicle. Thus I was never able to find the actual names of anything that I wanted to change. Any ideas?
(and yes, this is an island mod, hence the pelican)
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:31 pm

Kayar wrote:Now, I want to change the name of EVERYTHING, every vehicle and weapon there is, all to the same name (you'll find out why when I release the mod). Yet I've hit a barrier: Multiple attempts to find "shotgun" or "pistol" resulted in failure to find anything. When I tried simply searching for the ASCII of "pelican" I found multiple references, none of which looked like the actual name of the vehicle. Thus I was never able to find the actual names of anything that I wanted to change. Any ideas?
(and yes, this is an island mod, hence the pelican)

gahhh i know i know!

-with HMT go to ustr tags
-search for ui/hud/hud_icon_messages for vehicles
and ui/hud/hud_item_messages for weapons.
-then open the meta with hexedit and modify names... how can i say... im sure you will understand

:D
MGM Sig

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:47 pm

Sweet, thnx taxi! Oh, and btw, for anyone who cares, I now can inject/export meta... I think... apparently I had the wrong version of HMT. Wait a sec, lemme try this...

Edit: Alright, sick, it worked. I can now export/inject.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:13 am

Kayar wrote:Sweet, thnx taxi! Oh, and btw, for anyone who cares, I now can inject/export meta... I think... apparently I had the wrong version of HMT. Wait a sec, lemme try this...

Edit: Alright, sick, it worked. I can now export/inject.
:P you'r welcome
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:46 am

TaxiService wrote:gahhh i know i know!

-with HMT go to ustr tags
-search for ui/hud/hud_icon_messages for vehicles
and ui/hud/hud_item_messages for weapons.
-then open the meta with hexedit and modify names... how can i say... im sure you will understand

:D
This didn't work for me. Should I export it Recursively? When I did a regular export, the .xml document that I received contained no names.

--Moxus--
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:29 am

Export it normally, but don't change the xml, change the .meta document. Then import it back in. It's that simple.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:50 pm

uhm... should we say to people that now modifying ESRB notice is simpler with eschaton 0.5?

>_> i mean, a new tutorial...?

EDIT: or, 002, can you edit first post of this topic making it include how to change ESRB notice by eschaton?
MGM Sig