Bringing Master chief to life!

Everything related to graphics and image-related topics.
Kiyoshi
Commando

Bringing Master chief to life!

Post by Kiyoshi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:22 pm

>_> Yeah I fairly new at the lighting and stuff...just thought I'd share this with you all...I got my 3D master chief and put him in a pic of the real world.
Program used: Maya 6.0

If anyone has a pic they want me to put him in lemme know!

Andrew_b
Peon

Re: Bringing Master chief to life!

Post by Andrew_b » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Horrible.
Andrewbe.com The site is updated!

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Andrew_b wrote:Horrible.
-sigh- what part of "Yeah I fairly new at the lighting and stuff" Did you tiny mind not comprehend?

Not that a opinion from someone like you matters -shurgs- ^ ^
Last edited by Kiyoshi on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:50 pm

Andrew, your sig is some text behind some downloaded brushes. And that text is in front of cloud render. Was I close?

I know I promised to stop being angry at people, but this stuff pisses me off. If you don't like it, at least use constructive critisism.

EDIT: and unless your designing for the Chicago subway system, don't use Helvetica or Arial.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:54 pm

He seems to think he is a god. Except for no one remembers/cares. So stop acting like you are.
Monk34 wrote:If you don't like it, at least use constructive critisism.

Andrew_b
Peon

Post by Andrew_b » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Monk34 wrote:Andrew, your sig is some text behind some downloaded brushes. And that text is in front of cloud render. Was I close?
No. My signature is a black background, with an airbrush scribbled, a fiber filter with a gradient, and my name. Took 5 seconds. Also, the font is Myriad Pro.

CC: Make Chief blend in more.

Also to Monk34 and Seabees4. I have been doing 3d rendering for quite some time now. I know what I'm talking about. I don't act as if I am a higher being. I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way.

Also Monk34, A flaw of yours is that you judge people by what have done (or what you think they have done). I'm not some retard who thinks, "Aww man, I can't do dis 3d stuff. Ima say its awful." I have actually worked with 3d software. If you care to see what I have done, click the link in my signature. That whole site was coded and designed by me. All those mods were made by me. And all the pages to come, will have things made by me. I didn't start yesterday.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:27 am

Andrew_b wrote:
Monk34 wrote:Andrew, your sig is some text behind some downloaded brushes. And that text is in front of cloud render. Was I close?
No. My signature is a black background, with an airbrush scribbled, a fiber filter with a gradient, and my name. Took 5 seconds. Also, the font is Myriad Pro.

CC: Make Chief blend in more.

Also to Monk34 and Seabees4. I have been doing 3d rendering for quite some time now. I know what I'm talking about. I don't act as if I am a higher being. I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way.

Also Monk34, A flaw of yours is that you judge people by what have done (or what you think they have done). I'm not some retard who thinks, "Aww man, I can't do dis 3d stuff. Ima say its awful." I have actually worked with 3d software. If you care to see what I have done, click the link in my signature. That whole site was coded and designed by me. All those mods were made by me. And all the pages to come, will have things made by me. I didn't start yesterday.
I am aware if what you do, I have seen the site, which is cool. but you must understand even though you Didn't start yesterday, I really don't know how long you have been using programs. But I Did actually start Rendering this past Wednesday, I knew it wasn't perfect but it was good enough, I put them up and ask if people could give pics for me to put him in so I can slowly improve. I know it needs to blend more but I am proud of it which I am sure when you did start you were too right? even if it wasn't perfect? No one starts great.

Monk34
Ranger

Post by Monk34 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:23 am

I'm sorry, I'm not very good at being mean any more.... so I'm going to stop putting my nose in stuff I don't know about.

SORRY ALL!

Andrew_b
Peon

Post by Andrew_b » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 am

Jacob Nobuyuki wrote:I am aware if what you do, I have seen the site, which is cool. but you must understand even though you Didn't start yesterday, I really don't know how long you have been using programs. But I Did actually start Rendering this past Wednesday, I knew it wasn't perfect but it was good enough, I put them up and ask if people could give pics for me to put him in so I can slowly improve. I know it needs to blend more but I am proud of it which I am sure when you did start you were too right? even if it wasn't perfect? No one starts great.
That post was not pointed towards you. I'm glad you are trying new things, just it looks awful. The snow and mountain range look the best. That orange/red one is what I think of when I say these awful.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:12 am

Andrew_b wrote:
Jacob Nobuyuki wrote:I am aware if what you do, I have seen the site, which is cool. but you must understand even though you Didn't start yesterday, I really don't know how long you have been using programs. But I Did actually start Rendering this past Wednesday, I knew it wasn't perfect but it was good enough, I put them up and ask if people could give pics for me to put him in so I can slowly improve. I know it needs to blend more but I am proud of it which I am sure when you did start you were too right? even if it wasn't perfect? No one starts great.
That post was not pointed towards you. I'm glad you are trying new things, just it looks awful. The snow and mountain range look the best. That orange/red one is what I think of when I say these awful.
Okay, now that i agree with you're right. :/ I don't like it much either but it's the only planet pic I had....oh well... xD

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:38 am

Andrew_b wrote:Also to Monk34 and Seabees4. I have been doing 3d rendering for quite some time now. I know what I'm talking about. I don't act as if I am a higher being. I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way.
I guess I did sort of overreact. I was a bit mad that day. So I apologize also.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:39 pm

*Grabs popcorn that I just put aside for the other thread*

*Looks at most recent post*

SHIT!

Oh well. Nice renders Jacob. I should post some of my stuff in sketchup sometime...

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:44 am

First is not terribly good. Lighting on second is much closer, and the third is perfect. However, you will either need to get a better place to upload (probably not the problem) or post the pictures in a much higher quality. The only problem I can see is that you neglected to blur the edges at all, so he looks like a cardboard cutout with correct lighting sitting in front of a picture. An alternative would be to post the pictures smaller so the quality is reduced in ratio to picture size, which if I just stated correctly would make the picture seem better (but smaller which = not better).

So, get bigger pictures/renders (what are you using for it? depending on what it is, you should be able to get a much bigger render), incorporate the chief into the picture better, then post back. As of right now I think I could remove chief from a current halo 3 pic I have and plaster him onto a backdrop a bit better (but more time consuming) than what you have here. So:

Lighting: 5, 7, 9 out of 10 for each pic
Incorperation: 3, 7, 10 out of 10 for each pic

Work a bit more and you might have a great picture there.

Just thought you ought to know.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:18 am

draconic74 wrote:First is not terribly good. Lighting on second is much closer, and the third is perfect. However, you will either need to get a better place to upload (probably not the problem) or post the pictures in a much higher quality. The only problem I can see is that you neglected to blur the edges at all, so he looks like a cardboard cutout with correct lighting sitting in front of a picture. An alternative would be to post the pictures smaller so the quality is reduced in ratio to picture size, which if I just stated correctly would make the picture seem better (but smaller which = not better).

So, get bigger pictures/renders (what are you using for it? depending on what it is, you should be able to get a much bigger render), incorporate the chief into the picture better, then post back. As of right now I think I could remove chief from a current halo 3 pic I have and plaster him onto a backdrop a bit better (but more time consuming) than what you have here. So:

Lighting: 5, 7, 9 out of 10 for each pic
Incorperation: 3, 7, 10 out of 10 for each pic

Work a bit more and you might have a great picture there.

Just thought you ought to know.
Now THAT is what i need to know! thanks!

§hÎn£¥ H€llm£†
SEAL
Location: In Fonzie's Pelican on its way to New Mombassa. I have NO clue how i'm supposed to finish this fight

Post by §hÎn£¥ H€llm£† » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:00 am

draconic74 wrote:so he looks like a cardboard cutout with correct lighting sitting in front of a picture.
exactly what i thought
Lies for the weak...Beacons for the deluded
I shall have my revenge on a prophet, not a plague!