Im doing graphic design in school....

Everything related to graphics and image-related topics.
Mike1122
Ranger

Im doing graphic design in school....

Post by Mike1122 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Hey, i picked graphic design for my elective for school whch starts next week ( sad face) and i was wondering if its a fun class and ill learn a bunch of cool shit and stuff?

Magnum
Peon

Post by Magnum » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Well, I can't take it until my senior year because of prerequisite classes I have to take, but I am into graphic design outside of a class. I think its really neat to learn what things you can do digitally, since most art is not. Really, the only way you will be able to do awesome pieces is if you take things in instead of just not listening. Just depends what things your interested in really. Hope you enjoy it!
  • ::Mah Sigs::

Slapzy
Ranger

Re: Im doing graphic design in school....

Post by Slapzy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:55 pm

Mîkë¹¹²² wrote:Hey, i picked graphic design for my elective for school whch starts next week ( sad face) and i was wondering if its a fun class and ill learn a bunch of cool shit and stuff?
Depends on your teacher, if its alot of hands on stuff, and straight up tutorials, then it'll be awesome for you, if its a teacher that just talks about graphics design, then it'll be the most boring class of your life.

for example:
[good]
today we're gonna learn some new techniques for layer masking. here's some of them (and shows a few examples step by step) then asks you to recreate the examples using provided materials.

[bad]
(all talk, no user interaction, or graphical instructions)
today we're gonna learn some new layer masking techniques, so first off, you open your document, click this click that repeat, or click that and try this and do that, this also works blah blah blah, now for homework, i want you to create and shoe me examples of your work using my verbal instructions.

your best bet to impress your teacher, is to do a LOT of experimentation, no joke, take your time on graphics, generate at least 2-3 ideas for each assignment. after your done, than ask other people which is best, then give the best one, according to other people's opinions, to the teacher as your completed result.