Can't get RSD working!

Everything about RSD and its mods.
Carwash

Can't get RSD working!

Post by Carwash » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:58 am

Hello,

I'm trying to get the rogue spear demo working on my girlfriends mac so we can play together (i'm a pc boy, know bugger all about macs) i can't get it working tho. Got all the extensions right (i think!) and the demo works to the planning stage but when a missions loads it CTDs and i get a message with "error of type 3" in it. Any ideas?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:08 am

Did you install any mods or maps? If not, are you playing the single player mission or trying to play multiplayer?
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Carwash

Post by Carwash » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:11 am

No mods or maps. Just the demo and the extensions. Tried both single and multiplayer, same results. It starts to load the level (with the spining R6 logo) and then at a certain point it crashes to desktop with the "error of type 3" message.

Her iMac is 350mhz, 128Mb RAM, ATi Rage Pro.

Thanks for the reply. Desperatly trying to get the missus into gaming. Q3A runs fine on there so we can do that but i want to play some COOP with her :D

Thanks again.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:54 am

A type 3 error is usually an error caused by an extension. What extensions did you install? Also, are you running this on OS 9 or in OS X in Classic?

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Carwash

Post by Carwash » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:12 am

The ones listed in the readme. Drawsprocket, Soundsprocket, Open Transport (I think that's what it was called!). Basically, everything done by the numbers according to the readme. Running on OS 9.2.2

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:20 pm

The only thing I can think of is one of those extensions you installed is conflicting with something else. Maybe you updated a newer extension with an older one. You could try starting up from you OS 9 disc and see if RSD runs. If it does, then you would know for sure its one of the new extensions you added.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Carwash

Post by Carwash » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:37 am

Will do, many thanks Mono, very surprised to find such a helpfully modded forum for such an old demo! Cheers.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:42 pm

I started modding on the demo. Although its been awhile since I did anything with it, I remember a few things. If you are interested in any mods or maps for RSD go to my sister site here. The maps are for multiplayer adversial and a few have multiplayer coop. The site is alittle old since I was in the process of moving everything to this site but, everything is still active there even if the news section is old. 8)

A minor note on the downloads at the other site. The downloads use Fileplanet which you have to register there first before you can download. Registration is free. If don't want to register, give me a list of the stuff you want and I will post them on this site.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig