Halo Patch for Mavericks + New Lobby

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

[CV]314sec

Re: Halo UB Patch for Mavericks

Post by [CV]314sec » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 pm

I'd like to thank you for fixing that 10.9 problem. I play a lot of Halo multiplayer and was going to have to start dual-booting windows to continue.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 am

Let me confirm through testing that it is an active DisplayLink driven monitor that crashes Halo. Unplug the DisplayLink USB port and Halo will run fine. I cannot verify that three monitors will also crash Halo if those monitors are on real physical video ports.

franio

Post by franio » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Had a nondescript crash before your patch (running 2.0.4):

After applying your patch with the contents of `/Applications/Halo.app/Contents/MacOS` now being:

Code: Select all

Halo
HaloUB
mavericks_patch.dylib
I receive the same error. There is unfortunately no crash report information. What can I do to help isolate this problem?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Can you try this version of our patch and report back whether or not the error still occurs? I am trying the modification Guest suggested earlier (for technical details: nopping branch instructions at virtual memory offsets 0x2B46CB and 0x2B482E)

Also, are you by chance on a multi-monitor set up?
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

franio

Post by franio » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:35 pm

nil wrote:Can you try this version of our patch and report back whether or not the error still occurs? I am trying the modification Guest suggested earlier (for technical details: nopping branch instructions at virtual memory offsets 0x2B46CB and 0x2B482E)

Also, are you by chance on a multi-monitor set up?
Unbelievable, yes this worked! And yes, on a multimonitor setup. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

AndrewMiner

Post by AndrewMiner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks for the patch! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working in my case. :-( Here's a paste bin of my crash log (though it does't have any symbols): http://pastebin.com/3cYtGrPY. Happy to provide any further information that would help.

Thanks!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:36 pm

AndrewMiner wrote:Thanks for the patch! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working in my case. :-( Here's a paste bin of my crash log (though it does't have any symbols): http://pastebin.com/3cYtGrPY. Happy to provide any further information that would help.

Thanks!
Please update to 2.0.4 before applying the patch. You're on version 2.0.3. So I'd revert the patch, update to 2.0.4, then try to reapply the patch.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon May 12, 2014 7:27 am

I updated the original post with a download that uses the new lobby from Halo PC 1.10.

[CV]314sec

Re: Halo UB Patch for Mavericks + New Lobby

Post by [CV]314sec » Tue May 13, 2014 6:24 am

Do I wait until May 31 (or June 1) to do this? I ask because I play multiplayer every day and am not sure the new patch will include the gamespy lobby.

Also, thanks for doing this - there are a few of us in the clan that have Macs and this is a life saver.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue May 13, 2014 7:15 am

[CV]314sec wrote:Do I wait until May 31 (or June 1) to do this? I ask because I play multiplayer every day and am not sure the new patch will include the gamespy lobby.

Also, thanks for doing this - there are a few of us in the clan that have Macs and this is a life saver.
I think the appropriate time is to wait until the official 1.10 patch comes out on the PC for all the masses. The new patch does not include the servers on the perishing gamespy lobby.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu May 15, 2014 7:58 am

Ok. It looks like although I put up a patch to use the new master server, it is filtering for the wrong version (1.09 instead of 1.10), due to some (unnecessary IMO) string change (01.00.09.0620 to 01.00.10.0621). Until I happen to find a way to change this, you'll basically have to resort to using direct IP, unless SAPP servers choose to still broadcast to 1.09.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Problem has been resolved. If you had downloaded the patch with the new lobby before I made this post, please re-download and apply the patch again. This patch now shows 1.10 servers. In addition, I allowed it to be able to show 1.09 servers as well since it was trivial to do so.

Also Bungie has officially released 1.10 so now may be a good time (or in a day or two) to apply the update.

sodium.777

Post by sodium.777 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:56 am

Thanks a million! i can finally join games without need to type in the ip D:D:D:

Today was a good day. Got halo after a week of bullshit and got an awesome GAMSAT result :)

Re: Halo Patch for Mavericks + New Lobby

Post by Guest » Sat May 17, 2014 7:30 pm

18th of May today... im getting error contacting gamespy server. I'm using the new serverlist though.

Re: Halo Patch for Mavericks + New Lobby

Post by Guest » Sat May 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Guest wrote:18th of May today... im getting error contacting gamespy server. I'm using the new serverlist though.
I tried the old serverlist thats going to shutdown and it works fine ATM