Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for MAC/PC!!

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

{DKW}drk

Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for MAC/PC!!

Post by {DKW}drk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I take this mod as an example of Eschaton's true extent.
Pretty much epicsaurus.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:41 am

{DKW}drk wrote:I take this mod as an example of Eschaton's true extent.
Pretty much epicsaurus.
I don't doubt Eschaton has capability WAY BEYOND what I'm using it for. I haven't toyed around with the BSP Editor or the model viewer at all, I think you can reface a BSP in Eschaton if I'm not mistaken. When you look in retrospect, it is almost hard to believe that all that's going on with Eschaton here is tag importation, reference swapping, metadata editing, and bitmap internalization.

This is why I never even looked at HMT or HHK. Eschaton is so beautifully powerful yet simple. On that note, I have some more Screenshots :) From Le Silent Cartographer!

Screenshots

The Silent Cartographer (B30.map)

The view of the island from a distance.

Touching down at the landing zone.

The new frag grenade explosion effects.

An Elite showing how, regardless of biped replacement, the character animations have remained the same.

A close-up of the super-detailed bitmaps for the interior of Covenant structures that will be seen throughout the game.

Descending the ramp to the security door. Demonstrates the new Forerunner interior bitmaps as well.

Looking back up the ramp away from the door.

An excellent shot of the Reach magnum's reloading animation for an empty mag. The guy who did this did some excellent work on the fine details. This is really my favorite thing about the mod. Bringing such a gorgeous pistol into the Halo that was defined by the magnum is really a treat.

Another shot of the magnum firing on a Hunter. Again, gorgeous detail for the pistol, as you can see with the upper receiver sliding back on each shot.

Moving through one of the lower levels of the Cartographer.

A plasma grenade detonating on a Hunter. (Thank God I had an overshield O_o) Note the great bumpmap detail on the right side of the image.

Approaching the Security Station

The new Elite Councilors replace Gold Elite Commanders armed with swords.

Readying a rocket launcher to fire on a Hunter.

Sneaking up on an Elite.

The glow of the rocket launcher round in flight highlights the underlying new detail in the Forerunner structure bitmaps.

This time, a rocket's explosion does the same, this time highlighting the super-detail bitmaps.

A better shot of the Elite Councilor bipeds.
Last edited by x0v3rKiLx on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:04 pm

In the pictures with the pistol i think theres a new model for it with animations.

oh and i think i might have found something of intrest, Moving crosshairs.

Linky to video + comments:

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:45 pm

UNF DAT MAGMUM
How can that shit look so good in a halo one game.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Methinks you need a new texture person for the forerunner stuff, no offence, but it doesn't look forerunnery enough.

Also you should use t3hlags elites, as the Halo 2 versions have shitty shaders, but if it's too much work then don't worry about it.
You have my download.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:44 am

Smythe wrote:Methinks you need a new texture person for the forerunner stuff, no offence, but it doesn't look forerunnery enough.

Also you should use t3hlags elites, as the Halo 2 versions have shitty shaders, but if it's too much work then don't worry about it.
You have my download.
These are actually direct imports from Mac FTW, an old but very well known and very well-received bitmap redux mod for the entire Halo CE campaign and all multiplayer maps. It's the groundwork for the mod, really.

{DKW}drk wrote:In the pictures with the pistol i think theres a new model for it with animations.

oh and i think i might have found something of intrest, Moving crosshairs.

Linky to video + comments:
I saw that, and I might add that into multiplayer when I start work on the seven MP maps of my choice to re-do. For the campaign, I don't want to change the gameplay. I just want to make the weapons and environments as well as the ambiance and battle appearances look renewed. MP is definitely where imagination will become the order of the day though. The reticle bloom, however, was done by ImBrokeRU, somebody not very well known for actually RELEASING his stuff, regardless of how sexy it is =P

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 am

Currently working on a new trailer for this thing so I can showcase just a collage of gameplay snippets set to AC/DC =P

Project name is the "Highway to Hell Trailer"

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 am

Could you make b40 work in the end? I couldn't. :(
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:31 pm

TaxiService wrote:Could you make b40 work in the end? I couldn't. :(
I haven't attempted a B40 re-do yet, I'm working on resolving a crashing bug that occurs approx. 30 seconds into the first PoA cutscene where Keyes is about to speak first. That involves me doing a complete re-do of the map, importing everything through Eschaton v0.7 instead of 0.8.1.1 this time. I have to do the same for 343 Guilty Spark. The cutscene right before "The Flood" has crashing issues as well.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:04 pm

:wall: That sucks. But hey! think about the final result. :P That c20 totally impressed me. The desire of playing it haunts my nights and i can't get any sleep because of it. ;_; Please be quick in releasing it so i can rip the horses' eyes

…to make them sleep…

…and cry! 0_0
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Shouldnt there be a demo ver. of this? (b30 & Gulch only)

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:51 am

Since B30 is indeed finished and confirmed working 110%, I'll get a MP map done and release a beta version for testing, I don't see why that's a bad idea actually. I just need to get a MP done, which shouldn't take long. For MP maps, I can still use Eschaton 0.8 since MP maps lack BSP linking, which eliminates the rebuild bugs with later Eschaton versions. Which means it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to make an MP map.

On that note, I would say expect a beta by Monday! Thanks for the idea!

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 pm

glad to help.

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:01 am

Hey x0v3rKiLx.

I had a look through your thread, as well as a couple of others, as I was interested to see what's going on at the moment in Halo Modding; I was really into it a couple of years back, and started to fondly reminisce, so I've been scouring my old frequent websites. If your planning on doing this as a complete overhaul, as I have in the past, there are a couple of things I would suggest.

The first, is take your time. I wouldn't set yourself too many deadlines, because rushed work is, quite frankly, often shit, and full of glaring mistakes. The amount of times I've decided that something wasn't good enough and simply started again from scratch is mind-boggling, but its because, in the end, whatever you release will have your name stamped on it for all to see, and once it's out there that is it; it will be reviewed based one what you've released, not what you were trying to release. So take the time to perfect everything, if you want it to be heralded as great. If your happy with people saying it's an okay mod, but not a great one, fire it out whenever you want.

The second, is pay attention to how stuff looks. A lot of the new content you've got going will definitely add some new feeling to the game, but if it looks like shit, it's hard to appreciate it. Trying playing with shaders, mock up some of your own skins, or, if you can't do anything skin wise for the life of you, think about partnering with someone who can, or explore stuff that's already been done; there are some great skins out there, just remember to ask for permission.

The third, and perhaps the most important, is to make sure that your doing the mod for the right reasons. Whenever I made a mod, however large the project was, it was for myself. More than anything I enjoyed the creative process, and any praise I got upon release was an added bonus. Don't make this for other people, because then your basing your aspirations upon what others want, and that can cause some big issues. You say you nearly gave up on your mod purely because some people had said some nasty things; if your considering stopping your work because others dislike it, then you may as well not be doing what your doing. Enjoy what your doing when your modding, not what other people think when they see what your doing.

Have fun modding, and remember to not take it all too seriously. In the end, although it is a great game, and this is (or at least was) a great community to work with, it is just a game.

All the best.

Andor
Go Here: http://hosted.filefront.com/TheAndor
For my Mods, including the Evolution Trilogy, Refresh, and More....

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:31 am

Great advice, Andor. I'm sure sword would agree also.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.