Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for MAC/PC!!

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

{DKW}drk

Re: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for MAC/PC!!

Post by {DKW}drk » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Zanghfei wrote:Fuck DMR :3
Battle rifle... asweome
Zanghfei's quote corrected wrote:Fuck DMR :3
H1 pistol... awesome

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:20 pm

The Halo 1 pistol is not contradictory to the battle rifle/DMR,
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:33 am

x0v3rKiLx wrote:Hey guys,

Now that I've gotten this project off the ground, I wanted to formally announce that I'll be creating a Halo: Anniversary Mod for Mac/PC Halo Full! The purpose of this mod is to not just refresh the game's appearance, but to display the best mods from around the community in celebration of 10 years of Halo!

This mod will feature, as the official Anniversary remake does, a "fully remastered campaign, and 7 of the greatest multiplayer maps of all time"! Firefight is also planned, I have my fingers crossed that it comes through!

Here's all the custom content I have put in this mod so far!

- HrH Master Chief Bipeds
- Updated Cortana Bitmaps
- Reach DMR
- Reach Magnum
- Reach Shotgun
- Reach Grenade Launcher
- Halo 3 Rocket Launcher
- Reach Plasma Launcher
- Reach/H3 Crossbreed Sniper Rifle
- Halo 3 Spartan Laser
- Reach Assault Rifle
- Halo 2 Plasma Rifle
- Reach Plasma Repeater
- H3: ODST Plasma Pistol
- Halo 3 Needler
- Reach Frag Grenades
- Reach Plasma Grenades
- Reach HUD
- Updated Bitmaps, some from CMT and some from Halo FTW, some maps combining BOTH!
- Custom Shield Flare Effects
- Shield Recharge Initiation Effects
- Custom UI

I am planning on including these maps with custom NPC bipeds, if I can work out the cross-version compatibility bugs.

The maps included in this total conversion mod:

- ALL CAMPAIGN MAPS (A10-D40)

- Beaver Creek
- Blood Gulch
- Damnation
- Hang Em High
- Infinity
- Prisoner
- Timberland

With two campaign maps already completed, I am getting really damn excited for this! Check back here for regular production updates, screenshots as they become available, and finally, for download links starting on Nov. 15!

:) Off to work now!
Just read the first paragraph and can already tell you it's impossible. Anniversary's graphics work by applying a SECOND graphics on top of the already established Combat Evolved engine. Sorry, but it's not gonna be possible for you to recreate Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Mac.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 am

God you're stupid.
Also if you want to add some fancy effects like bloom and such like they have in modern games these days, I would suggest looking into this.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 am

Someone had that visible reticule bloom thing working as a looping animation a bit ago...
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

They were actually part of the weapon model and animation. Pretty cool stuff.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:52 am

Vegerot wrote:
x0v3rKiLx wrote:Hey guys,

Now that I've gotten this project off the ground, I wanted to formally announce that I'll be creating a Halo: Anniversary Mod for Mac/PC Halo Full! The purpose of this mod is to not just refresh the game's appearance, but to display the best mods from around the community in celebration of 10 years of Halo!

This mod will feature, as the official Anniversary remake does, a "fully remastered campaign, and 7 of the greatest multiplayer maps of all time"! Firefight is also planned, I have my fingers crossed that it comes through!

Here's all the custom content I have put in this mod so far!

- HrH Master Chief Bipeds
- Updated Cortana Bitmaps
- Reach DMR
- Reach Magnum
- Reach Shotgun
- Reach Grenade Launcher
- Halo 3 Rocket Launcher
- Reach Plasma Launcher
- Reach/H3 Crossbreed Sniper Rifle
- Halo 3 Spartan Laser
- Reach Assault Rifle
- Halo 2 Plasma Rifle
- Reach Plasma Repeater
- H3: ODST Plasma Pistol
- Halo 3 Needler
- Reach Frag Grenades
- Reach Plasma Grenades
- Reach HUD
- Updated Bitmaps, some from CMT and some from Halo FTW, some maps combining BOTH!
- Custom Shield Flare Effects
- Shield Recharge Initiation Effects
- Custom UI

I am planning on including these maps with custom NPC bipeds, if I can work out the cross-version compatibility bugs.

The maps included in this total conversion mod:

- ALL CAMPAIGN MAPS (A10-D40)

- Beaver Creek
- Blood Gulch
- Damnation
- Hang Em High
- Infinity
- Prisoner
- Timberland

With two campaign maps already completed, I am getting really damn excited for this! Check back here for regular production updates, screenshots as they become available, and finally, for download links starting on Nov. 15!

:) Off to work now!
Just read the first paragraph and can already tell you it's impossible. Anniversary's graphics work by applying a SECOND graphics on top of the already established Combat Evolved engine. Sorry, but it's not gonna be possible for you to recreate Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Mac.
Yes, while CE Anniversary adds a graphics layer, which is impossible...

...tag imports, bitmap remastering, lighting changes, and editing what is already in place is not outside the realm of possibility. It's very doable, and I would not be preaching this were it not for the fact that I have half the campaign already remastered and finished. This project is a third done, and like I've said before, with each passing accomplishment that moves this thing toward completion, I grow more and more excited and anxious.

To help you visualize what this will look like, imagine a CMT campaign that adheres more strictly to the original experience. That's the best kind of foreshadowing I can give at this point. Expect something major and something absolutely gorgeous.
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

mgalek's shit phone

Post by mgalek's shit phone » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:39 pm

i expect a bunch of rips... but thats just my trolololoing mind.

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 am

mgalek's shit phone wrote:i expect a bunch of rips... but thats just my trolololoing mind.
Maybe. I rip too much as well. Although for all we know, this mod might actually turn out to be pretty good...just my opinion.
Zanghfei wrote:Fuck DMR :3
Battle rifle... asweome
(Y)
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:28 am

Nothing has been ripped, the information and tags that are going into this are ALL public content from maps that were either generously unprotected by default OR from CE tagsets that are public on HaloMaps.org

Either way, I'm not stealing anything. This project is meant to be a conglomeration of works from different people that created what they did for the love of the game. I don't mean to get sentimental but its that 10 year love affair that some of us (myself included) have ever since been entranced by that this mod tries to celebrate in conjunction with Halo Anniversary.

The mod WILL be amazing, it's my flagship work without a doubt, and I know it will be a blast to play.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:41 am

Oh, worry not. "Ripping" is not intended as offensive in this context. We have used that term to define any CE import since HHK. :P

…unless unknown-D was trying to be offensive, but i doubt it. o_o
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:38 pm

TaxiService wrote:Oh, worry not. "Ripping" is not intended as offensive in this context. We have used that term to define any CE import since HHK. :P

…unless unknown-D was trying to be offensive, but i doubt it. o_o
Oh lol. Okay so then they are rips. I still don't see what's bad about that. I mean...Uknown's rip maps is how I got started with CE modding =P I used his Halo 3 weapon tags for the later versions of my MLG Bloodgulch series.

As long as it's GOOD content and QUALITY content, I don't understand what the problem is.

If somebody made a good Reach AR tag, it should be shared, spread, and published as much as possible in every applicable map. That's what I'd want if I made one. Maximum popularity for my content.

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Vegerot wrote:
x0v3rKiLx wrote:Some random stuff… blahblahblahblabyakyakyak weaponsweaponsweapon
bitmapsbitmapsbitmaps bipdsbipdsbipdsbipds Well of to work now guys :P
He's not trying to make the CEA anniversarry bitmap-switcheroo-thingy. He's just replacing bitmaps and lightmaps ¬_¬

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:50 pm

What happened to "no rips in halo demo, we can do it ourselves better with out own tools"? X0vkilfgheaeflhseX Is that how its spelled? im not trying to undermine your work and shit but your new >_> I've been modding much longer than i've been registered here so don't try to use that shit and this seems pretty hefty for someone who hasn't released a mod so far as I can tell. But yeah, since you're making this, have fun making it. I'll probably get flamed for this flame >_>
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:What happened to "no rips in halo demo, we can do it ourselves better with out own tools"? X0vkilfgheaeflhseX Is that how its spelled? im not trying to undermine your work and shit but your new >_> I've been modding much longer than i've been registered here so don't try to use that shit and this seems pretty hefty for someone who hasn't released a mod so far as I can tell. But yeah, since you're making this, have fun making it. I'll probably get flamed for this flame >_>
Since you asked for it, let me start of by saying stop asserting your "seniority" over everyone else. Duration of modding does not earn you any more respect. Admittedly, there is occasionally some hostility to newbs, but as I just said, your duration past being PoA is meaningless. Now, yes he's new, who cares? If he's new and still willing and capable of making large mods, then let him do his best attempt, he seems to be be making progress as is. Just because he hasn't released a mod, does not mean he doesn't know how to mod. Now in regards to "No rips in halo demo, we can do it ourselves better with [our] own tools", there was a mentality of this back in the old modding days. When people still knew how to model using blender and wings, this time has long since passed. All innovations are met with resistance by the old and acceptance by the new. And anyway, since he is doing enhanced graphics as oppose to game play changes, and as you already mentioned this is a hefty project, especially for him to be doing it on his own, creating his own things would just extend the project to an unreasonable point. I'm sure if you wanted to volunteer, he would be more than willing to accept your professional looking, re-done, mac-made, reach style weapons.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.