injecting a 3d model

Moderator: Altimit01

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:48 am

Also looks like its for Halo CE.

If you look in the top right corner, it has a different sort of halo shield level viewer in the HUD.

PS, if you do it that way, you get some messed up models unless you do a certain few things :)
The sword.

D.T.

Post by D.T. » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:29 pm

I know how to get HMT and OBJConverter to work, but by special things, do you mean changes to the meta you get from OBJConverter, or what?

Will comparing a standard Demo model and a OBJConverter generated model do anything to help me figure out whats going on?

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:22 pm

its part of that mod btw.. he replaced the standard bar with a new model
http://www.clanhalo.forumup.com
not my site.... just go there!!!!!!!

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:23 pm

btw, it wouldnt work.
The sword.

D.T.

Post by D.T. » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:03 pm

Ok. Will someone pm me and help me with this model thing? I followed the instructions exactly, and it just wont work.

foxrun
Veteran

Post by foxrun » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:37 am

Is this helpful?

1. Open bloodgulch.map in HMT. Scroll down to the mod2 section and look for the vehicles/warthog/warthog. Save the meta nonrecursively onto the desktop.

2. Open OBJConverter and click on the Open button. Choose bloodgulch.map, and then select the meta you saved onto your desktop.

3. Now, make sure that the Geometries tab at the bottom is selected, and select the first geometry in the list in the middle of the window, then select Geometry 1 and then part 0. Click on the “Export to OBJ” button below the Geometries list and save it to your desktop.

4. Now the editing part. I will be using Wings3D as an example. In Wings3D, go to File -> Import -> Wavefront (obj)... and choose the OBJ file you exported with OBJConverter. Now edit it as you please (I will not be explaining how). After you finish, go to File -> Export -> Wavefront (obj), and save it to your desktop.

5. Now switch to OBJConverter and click on the “OBJ” button and select the edited OBJ model file. Save the vertices and indices files on your desktop.
6. Go back to Geometry 1 and part 0. Set all the Verts and Inds to 0 of all the OTHER parts in that geometry [1]. Then click on “Update Offsets”.
7. Now make sure the part 0 of geometry 1 is selected, and click Attach and choose the vertices file and then the indices file you created in step 6. Click “Save” and then save the meta to your desktop.
8. Go to the Misc tab at the bottom of the window and click on the “Append” button. A new window will pop up. Choose the vertices file and then the indices file and click “Append”.

9. Switch to HMT and inject the meta you created in step 8. (it should be called temp.mod2 by default) If it doesn’t let you inject it, rename temp.mod2 to temp.mod2.meta and it should recognize it. HMT should now crash and quit after you click anything, so open it up again, and view the warthog model. It should now look like your edited model.

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:52 am

I was helping foxrun last night, lol.... I see he followed my instructions very well, lol... You got it? Cuz we have an amazing energy sword model... Its just beautiful, lol... It came in 2 parts so i made it one.. if anyone wants this amazing model to put ingame on their own, pm me

sadly though, the render looks like crap so i had to just use the actually model.

SBF LEader

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:58 am

I put that model in yesterday actually. I'll post some screenshots later today. And your model isn't oriented right. It'll come out sideways in game. You have to rotate it so that it's vertically aligned with the Z axis.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:58 pm

mm, ya saw that. Other then those problems, it looks pretty good!

You use Wings 3D for that?

foxrun
Veteran

Post by foxrun » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:00 pm

yeah

D.T.

Post by D.T. » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:00 pm

Im still not able to do it. I'm gonna make a snapZ movie of what I do, and host it somewhere, and if you would take a look and see what exactly I am doing wrong that would be wonderful.

foxrun
Veteran

Post by foxrun » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:02 pm

hehe, im posting another tutorial on modeling, like i did with skining
buts its gona be heck hard if you dont know what you're doing.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:06 pm

oo cool. Thanks dude. :lol:

foxrun
Veteran

Post by foxrun » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:12 am

hey sbf flash guy, could you get on aim please.

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:15 am

sorry foxrun, i wish i could... but i m grounded lol.. i shouldnt even be typing this... uihhh i ll talk to you in a sec. .. hang on