Best HALOMD Players Ever

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Best HALOMD Players Ever

Post by nil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:40 pm

Nash wrote:Does the idea of a multi-player match emphasize individual play, or team work? Some games are formatted for solo conflicts - slayer, obviously. But others have teams. Does that mean the game is best served if players work together, or does it differ from map to map?
Slayer games work pretty well as you say for emphasizing individual play. Without a doubt having played in competitive matches, team games work best when the team works together. However I'm guessing MD lacks the competitive scene to really make that point obvious. That is, organizing games with a set of fixed players, picking players to make teams balanced, and winning challenging for all (let's forget about clans for now).
Nash wrote:Multi-player formats where players are anonymous can also bring out the worst in people.
A very competitive and more heart-pumping atmosphere may bring about other side effects such as poor sportsmanship, even when players are not anonymized.. So maybe it depends!
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Nash

Post by Nash » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:54 pm

nil wrote: A very competitive and more heart-pumping atmosphere may bring about other side effects such as poor sportsmanship, even when players are not anonymized.. So maybe it depends!
Good point. I'm a Black guy, so competing with others with names like KKKmember, Trump, N-word, or a variation of, makes me wonder what kind of person I'm playing with (actually I have a pretty good idea). Ape is the only one I know of with really bad sportsmanship problems. He'll Troll you, and if you kill him (especially if he's in a tank) he'll rage quit in a heart beat.

Makes your day.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:40 am

Syndicate was the best Clan Halo clan of all time

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:30 am

Pepe4SocialJustice wrote:No offense but I'm not sure where you've been the last two years...MR GOAT was banned, first by ADM[CAESAR] (as I mentioned, a despicable moderator and generally unliked by the MD community), and then banned from all the MD servers. I personally liked GOAT but he was hacking, as is shown by this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvoAoDFol8)
My three MD servers (one of which has been up for a couple years) has no record of a MR GOAT. Also, after watching that video, I cannot come to a conclusion that he has cheated. After counting all of the attempts he has fired (he has fired 25 times), four of his trigger pulls did not result in an enemy getting damaged, meaning his accuracy is 84%. Even if it were 100%, I still couldn't conclude that he is a cheater, because it's a highlight video. Now, if he used SAPP to give himself invincibility or something, I'd call him a cheater, although he's not using any client-side hacks like aimbotting. However, at several instances in the video, he had less than 100% health, indicating he is not invincible. Maybe he did actually hack and cheat, but this video does not convince me of anything.

In public games, most people are just concerned with killing rather than fulfilling any objectives, which is why gametypes like Slayer, Juggernaut, and Reverse Tag are really the only gametypes you should bother using if you expect everyone to play competitively in some way.

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Thanks for the kind mention Nash, I'm very honored, but in terms of talent & skill I don't even rank in the top 25. You are correct in your assessment of me. I am a good all-around team player who strives to win the game for his team. I'm inconsistent as hell, but not bad for an old fart.... lol :P

So many good players anymore. It just gets tougher and tougher. I would give Love the top spot for all-around talent (dominating) and he's funny as hell, but Newt is the best all-around team player. He plays the game like it's supposed to be played and with respect. Lost Fool & Coworkers are also top-notch players ..... very tough to go up against. I agree with most all of the players you mentioned as well. Star, Reaper, Elsa.......great snipers. Rmptdrndl is also a very good player. I wouldn't want to meet MadCossack in a dark alley either....lol NYC Phog gets my vote for the best of all time btw. Phog gave me a few lessons late one night, several years ago. I thank him for that, cause I was just a beginner at that time.

The BEST games are the ones where ALL team members are PLAYING THEIR ASSES OFF TOGETHER to defend/capture the flag and DEFEAT the other team. I get more enjoyment out of these balls-to-the-wall, all-out, strategic type TEAM EFFORT games than I do trying to outkill other players (which I rarely do anyway) It's more rewarding.

I agree with everything NEWT said as well and that is why we are often ALLIES.

I appreciate the praise, but I know my limitations. I outgrew my ego long,long ago. I just want quality play.....that is all. Enjoy playing with most all of you guys and gals. Can't get enough of it. Remember kids........FUN IS THE NAME OF THE GAME !!!! ----)

Pepe4SocialJustice

Post by Pepe4SocialJustice » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:37 am

Jumbo wrote:Thanks for the kind mention Nash, I'm very honored, but in terms of talent & skill I don't even rank in the top 25. You are correct in your assessment of me. I am a good all-around team player who strives to win the game for his team. I'm inconsistent as hell, but not bad for an old fart.... lol :P

So many good players anymore. It just gets tougher and tougher. I would give Love the top spot for all-around talent (dominating) and he's funny as hell, but Newt is the best all-around team player. He plays the game like it's supposed to be played and with respect. Lost Fool & Coworkers are also top-notch players ..... very tough to go up against. I agree with most all of the players you mentioned as well. Star, Reaper, Elsa.......great snipers. Rmptdrndl is also a very good player. I wouldn't want to meet MadCossack in a dark alley either....lol NYC Phog gets my vote for the best of all time btw. Phog gave me a few lessons late one night, several years ago. I thank him for that, cause I was just a beginner at that time.

The BEST games are the ones where ALL team members are PLAYING THEIR ASSES OFF TOGETHER to defend/capture the flag and DEFEAT the other team. I get more enjoyment out of these balls-to-the-wall, all-out, strategic type TEAM EFFORT games than I do trying to outkill other players (which I rarely do anyway) It's more rewarding.

I agree with everything NEWT said as well and that is why we are often ALLIES.

I appreciate the praise, but I know my limitations. I outgrew my ego long,long ago. I just want quality play.....that is all. Enjoy playing with most all of you guys and gals. Can't get enough of it. Remember kids........FUN IS THE NAME OF THE GAME !!!! ----)
You forgot to mention everyone's favorite player ever, John Boner.

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:26 am

Yeah...... you can't stop a Boner......

0)

Mr Reaper

Post by Mr Reaper » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Pepe errrr John errrr Soviet Santa. Happy holidays commie maggot. You crack me up. Just endless trolling. You evened fooled NIL this time, or he's fooling you, one of the two. If you focus that energy positively you could go far. You're very persistent. Often that's a quality for success. Anyway onto the topic at hand.

The greatest players. One who hasn't been mentioned but must be is Undeveloped aka Developer. I appreciate being mentioned but I'm not in the same class as the truly excellent players. Though I feel the high K/D rate is a distinction of greatness, that style favors sniping. I personally prefer to charge and create mayhem. Though camping is often frowned upon. With the proper permit it's fun. I try and let players get weapons but sometimes not if they start firing immediately. Here's my list:

Love aka Cesium aka Calcium
Developer aka Undeveloped
Tricksquad aka _icksquad (sorry trick I never found a good nickname for you)
THE GOAT
Sakon aka SackOf
StAr aka when you wish upon...
Knights of Ni
A Vehicle aka vehicular manslaughter
Freemium
CrlWeathers aka CrlWeathered
QueenElsa

I feel the rest, including myself, are a cut below but still good players. The players below provide the backbone of the community and are always fun to play against (or with but I prefer against)

Jumbo aka Mumbo a true legend
A Lost Fool aka A Last Stool which I just shortened to Stool! after he killed me, another legend
MadCossack aka Glad Ballsmack aka Sad Cuntsack aka MadCossmacked, maybe my favorite player to play against
Coworker aka CowJerker (udders not the bull) aka CoTwerker

The next group would include:

The Russian aka Roided Ruski (rage quitting in 5, 4, 3..)
HandofGod aka Hand of Sod (one of my favorite nicknames)
KILLER aka KILLED
Newt aka Fig Newton
RmptDrndl aka Grundel

There's many more but I'm not remembering them all at the moment. Though I don't flag much anymore I did when I first started and I like the flag aspect, mainly cause those are the best kills when you get the carrier at the last moment. I greatly enjoyed bashing Nash. Another of my favorite players is Grasshopper. He uses the tank like a sniper and everyone bitches at him about it and he bitches at others for their style of play. It's all quite funny. I never played against NYC Phog. I'm curious what those lessons were Mumbo? I also started at the tail end of the clans but remember thinking (Grrr) Aturd was pretty good. No list is complete without the ladies of halo:

War Girl
War Queen
Red

Other good players are:
Aimbot aka lamebot
XVX
fill aka Filled Up
Doc aka Medic
Eragon aka ErrorGone
Blue Wombat aka Blew Wombat
Psychophile aka psychopile
Tanknoob aka Tankboob
Your Dad aka You're Sad
Richy aka Bichy (he had a number by his name before)
Zero aka Zero to...well zero

My all whining team:
Steven aka Uneven Steven (I just like him cause he asks/begs you to stop killing him at least he says please)
Coffee/Chrome aka Chrome Coffee pot
CowJerker
King Joffrey aka Peasant Jeff

All these players are good but always have an excuse for why they died. Really guys? Everytime?

A great thanks to Atomical, NIL, 002 and anyone else who has spent time creating this place to play. It was fun. Like HandofSod, I'm retiring for a bit too. I tend to overdo things and HaloMD was no exception. It was quite fun while it lasted.

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Excellent post Reaper, and I'm saddened to hear you are retiring. Also thanks for recognizing the ladies....... they are good players and my friends. As I recall, Nicole was a good player as well and you can't leave out Humper, even though we're not sure about his/her sex..... You listed me over Newt I noticed..... but there is no way that is possible. The guy is good at every single facet. Really, really a smart player and talented too.

I have to admit I wasn't sure whether to like you or not for a while, but in time you won me over. You're not such a bad guy at all. I appreciate your sarcastic sense of humor greatly and you are a great shot! As for Phog, he taught me exactly where to aim from long range and most importanly taught me to keep moving at all times and never ever jump........ of course I didn't listen to him on that last one......

Come back and kill me some more when you get rested.....

\ :) /
Mumbo

Nash

Post by Nash » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 am

Great to hear from you Jumbo, and a great testimonial. Likewise from Reaper as well. Though I respect your skills set, yeah, for whatever reason you were always an A--hole when we played against one another. Guess I got under your skin. I'll take that to mean I did something right. I think it's safe to say that there are a lot of great players, and too many to confine to a list of five. I do agree that the game is way, way better when played as a team. Jumbo, you were death on wheels if you went hunting with a partner in a rocket hog. Never a good day for the other team. It was always a great ride if I was a Gauss gunner on a Hog you drove. Was it you or Atomical who would steal the flag and make a actual escape in a troop carrier? What?!?

I've often wondered if the game would be better suited to having different skill levels of play - Beginners, Mid-level and Elites. You can only be invited into the Mid, or Elites from invitation, or by earning a high KDR, or game wins. Higher-level players can play in any level, but would be marked as a higher level player. Programing-wise, probably not possible, but just a thought.

Also, curious about how folks came up with their player names? Mine are named after characters from stories I've written.

vehicle

Post by vehicle » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:26 am

Mr Reaper wrote:Pepe errrr John errrr Soviet Santa. Happy holidays commie maggot. You crack me up. Just endless trolling. You evened fooled NIL this time, or he's fooling you, one of the two. If you focus that energy positively you could go far. You're very persistent. Often that's a quality for success. Anyway onto the topic at hand.

The greatest players. One who hasn't been mentioned but must be is Undeveloped aka Developer. I appreciate being mentioned but I'm not in the same class as the truly excellent players. Though I feel the high K/D rate is a distinction of greatness, that style favors sniping. I personally prefer to charge and create mayhem. Though camping is often frowned upon. With the proper permit it's fun. I try and let players get weapons but sometimes not if they start firing immediately. Here's my list:

Love aka Cesium aka Calcium
Developer aka Undeveloped
Tricksquad aka _icksquad (sorry trick I never found a good nickname for you)
THE GOAT
Sakon aka SackOf
StAr aka when you wish upon...
Knights of Ni
A Vehicle aka vehicular manslaughter
Freemium
CrlWeathers aka CrlWeathered
QueenElsa

I feel the rest, including myself, are a cut below but still good players. The players below provide the backbone of the community and are always fun to play against (or with but I prefer against)

Jumbo aka Mumbo a true legend
A Lost Fool aka A Last Stool which I just shortened to Stool! after he killed me, another legend
MadCossack aka Glad Ballsmack aka Sad Cuntsack aka MadCossmacked, maybe my favorite player to play against
Coworker aka CowJerker (udders not the bull) aka CoTwerker

The next group would include:

The Russian aka Roided Ruski (rage quitting in 5, 4, 3..)
HandofGod aka Hand of Sod (one of my favorite nicknames)
KILLER aka KILLED
Newt aka Fig Newton
RmptDrndl aka Grundel

There's many more but I'm not remembering them all at the moment. Though I don't flag much anymore I did when I first started and I like the flag aspect, mainly cause those are the best kills when you get the carrier at the last moment. I greatly enjoyed bashing Nash. Another of my favorite players is Grasshopper. He uses the tank like a sniper and everyone bitches at him about it and he bitches at others for their style of play. It's all quite funny. I never played against NYC Phog. I'm curious what those lessons were Mumbo? I also started at the tail end of the clans but remember thinking (Grrr) Aturd was pretty good. No list is complete without the ladies of halo:

War Girl
War Queen
Red

Other good players are:
Aimbot aka lamebot
XVX
fill aka Filled Up
Doc aka Medic
Eragon aka ErrorGone
Blue Wombat aka Blew Wombat
Psychophile aka psychopile
Tanknoob aka Tankboob
Your Dad aka You're Sad
Richy aka Bichy (he had a number by his name before)
Zero aka Zero to...well zero

My all whining team:
Steven aka Uneven Steven (I just like him cause he asks/begs you to stop killing him at least he says please)
Coffee/Chrome aka Chrome Coffee pot
CowJerker
King Joffrey aka Peasant Jeff

All these players are good but always have an excuse for why they died. Really guys? Everytime?

A great thanks to Atomical, NIL, 002 and anyone else who has spent time creating this place to play. It was fun. Like HandofSod, I'm retiring for a bit too. I tend to overdo things and HaloMD was no exception. It was quite fun while it lasted.
haha reaper's nicknames for everyone are classic. thanks for the shout out. developer, love, tricksquad and stAr are all very excellent players.
I've never had a bad time playing against A Lost Fool or Jumbo. Atomical too.

and then "death excuses" group is spot on! LOL!

anyway, hope to play against you this holiday, Mr. Creeper ;-)

Helluva

Post by Helluva » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello.

My personal top 5 have been chosen - not just for skill - but whenever they're playing the atmosphere is always seems to be a little more chilled out and fun.
  • New001
    CrlWeathers
    Newt
    Love
    Ni¢e
It can be a little toxic at times, but if more that half of this list are present I usually have a fun game - which is hopefully the same as the attendees.

Also, "Hi!". :D

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 am

Nash asked how we came about choosing our names....

A lot of people think I chose "Jumbo" because I'm big or fat, but that is not the case. I weigh 190 lbs and am 6' tall. (I lost 20 lbs this year)
I named myself Jumbo in honor of an old fella I used to know that is no longer with us.

Now you know..............the REST of the story

:rocker:

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:10 pm

I used to watch tictacs montages. I honestly thought he was incredible. Some may still be on youtube. They were all pretty great when I was a young-o

and
Jumbo wrote:Nash asked how we came about choosing our names....

A lot of people think I chose "Jumbo" because I'm big or fat, but that is not the case. I weigh 190 lbs and am 6' tall. (I lost 20 lbs this year)
I named myself Jumbo in honor of an old fella I used to know that is no longer with us.

Now you know..............the REST of the story

:rocker:

Im 5'10 and 260, don't be too hard on yourself now lol.
Last edited by Fonzeh on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Nash

Post by Nash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Are the videos still on Yotube?

Jumbo, great playing with you today. It was a well matched game having you and Love on the same team going up against Newt, Developer, and Atomical.
Epic!

You know, I never thought your name had anything to do with what you look like. I though it may have been a nick name related to your first or surname.
Nash is a character I wrote about in a short story who suffered from PTSD from the Gulf Wars.