Poll: Are you making your mods in light of the purpose of Zeus being to unify the Halo communities?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

sehé°°

Poll: Are you making your mods in light of the purpose of Zeus being to unify the Halo communities?

Post by sehé°° » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:39 pm

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pag ... 4&start=51
I read there that "I should see what the Halo Mac community has been doing (notably: nil, 002, Samuco with help from Monoman and Modzy) in light of the purpose of Zeus being to unify the Halo communities" (he edited his post since).

Could someone make this as a poll?

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Poll: Are you making your mods in light of the purpose of Zeus being to unify the Halo communities?

Post by nil » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 pm

No. He's saying the stuff we mod/hack on is useful to Zeus's vision (whether that be realistic or not..)
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Ranger

Re: Poll: Are you making your mods in light of the purpose of Zeus being to unify the Halo communities?

Post by 002 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:26 pm

I get that Sparky is trying to make Zeus a reality, and that he has good intentions, but I wouldn't say I make anything in light of Zeus. Actually, most of my projects, save HaloMD which is nil's project, are my own work and completely standalone unless otherwise credited or mentioned. I wouldn't say I made anything in light of Zeus, though I may share some of my code to benefit anyone who needs it, including Sparky's Zeus code.

Besides, unifying the Halo communities is easy and can be done in two simple steps without any prior knowledge or experience. You don't even need the Halo Editing Kit to do it, and it works on both Halo PC and Halo CE.

Step 1: Shut down Halo Maps
Step 2: Replace Halo Maps with a site that does not have crappy bandwidth or makes you wait 30 seconds for each download like it's still 2001.

If you follow these steps, then the Halo communities will be unified.

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 pm

sehe, reading your posts on Halomaps, it's easy to see you are just trying to belittle and demean Sparky, which is not productive. I think Zeus is interesting and might be something different and unique, albeit its been too delayed. I realize that you've contributed alot to Halo in terms of SAPP, Optic, Anticheat, etc but I feel like you could be a little more openminded. I'm no programmer and I don't profess to being very knowledgable about how all of that works, but Sparky has contributed to the Halo Mac community, which you are probably not as familiar with. He can be somewhat over ambitious sometimes, but I know he still wants the best for the game and its PC/Mac communities. I for one am making mods in light of the purpose of Zeus being to unify the Halo communities as I think the few modders left that are still active on Halo MD could benefit from collaborating with their Halo PC/CE counterparts.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:00 pm

I think it's worth mentioning Sparky has been promising stuff about Zeus for about 5 years already (skepticism already existing then). Right now I honestly have no idea how much progress he has made, and from some things (like a pizza contest), it feels like he's being closed minded in the way that he wants others to seek attention to his 'work in progress'.

There is a clear line between modders who have no software developing experience who believe in one's ability to produce what they says they're going to, and developers who have already produced notable utilities to the world that hold some skepticism to another's goals. My initial complaint the moment he announced it long ago was that nothing should have been announced until substantial work has been done on it.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 pm

LOL nil, I didn't realize he had something about Zeus from that long ago. He seems to be making slow progress with it right now, but yeah I was probably too quick to post that reply to sehe. But I think he (Sparky) needs to deliver something or he will look like a fool on Halomaps and in the general Halo modding community that is still active.