Pearl

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

HandofGod
Peon

Re: Pearl

Post by HandofGod » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:16 am

I have a folder of all the 2003 maps (all 21 multiplayer maps plus the single player ones, bitmaps, ui and sound files) on my desktop. That acts as the Full Maps folder on Pearl when you convert a Custom Edition map. Just make sure everything in there is from the year 2003 or the map conversion will likely fail. Hope that helps.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:17 pm

HandofGod wrote:I have a folder of all the 2003 maps (all 21 multiplayer maps plus the single player ones, bitmaps, ui and sound files) on my desktop. That acts as the Full Maps folder on Pearl when you convert a Custom Edition map. Just make sure everything in there is from the year 2003 or the map conversion will likely fail. Hope that helps.
Don't worry, I figured it out through PMs a while ago. I've also successfully converted a few custom SP Levels and some are fully playable if anyone's interested.

ewleonardspock

Post by ewleonardspock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Any luck figuring that out? I'm currently trying to convert a map with Pearl 2 and it seems to be working fine, then it hangs and after 20-30 minutes it eventually crashes. I've been able to convert a few CE maps, but this map (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4992) just does not seem to want to convert. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

ewleonardspock wrote:Any luck figuring that out? I'm currently trying to convert a map with Pearl 2 and it seems to be working fine, then it hangs and after 20-30 minutes it eventually crashes. I've been able to convert a few CE maps, but this map (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4992) just does not seem to want to convert. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric
The map is Zteam protected. Zteam uses a combination of replacing tag names/paths and obfuscating tag classes.
I created a utility a couple years ago to remove the latter part of their protection scheme.

Here is the map with repaired tag classes converted to MD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkgpegz44pu52 ... p.zip?dl=0

You'll notice some errors. The biggest one being that you cannot exit the map (you'll have to force quit or quit via the console).

You might be able to fix this by importing menus from other maps and using Eschaton to replace whatever is happening currently.

ewleonardspock

Post by ewleonardspock » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Thanks for your help!

JediJoker

Post by JediJoker » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:21 am

Any chance Pearl will work to convert CE replacement UIs? Not gotten it to work, yet. Would be great to be able to use custom UIs from campaign mods or, ideally, the Universal UI.

Chickenz

Post by Chickenz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:05 am

Hey,

I am very new to this and have little idea how anything works.

I recently installed Halo MD and wanted to transfer the campaign levels from the full HALO game to Halo MD.

I go to Halo MD Menu > Mods > Reveal in finder.

I then select the levels that I transferred from the full game and it gives me this:

"a10 could not be added because its build number is invalid."

How can I fix this? Do I need Pearl, and if so where do i download it from?

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:38 am

Chickenz wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:05 am Hey,

I am very new to this and have little idea how anything works.

I recently installed Halo MD and wanted to transfer the campaign levels from the full HALO game to Halo MD.

I go to Halo MD Menu > Mods > Reveal in finder.

I then select the levels that I transferred from the full game and it gives me this:

"a10 could not be added because its build number is invalid."

How can I fix this? Do I need Pearl, and if so where do i download it from?
Go to the maps folder (Reveal Mods in Finder) and copy the maps directly into the Maps folder (use Finder for this not HaloMD). Then click Start in-game, press ` and in the console type "map_name a10". No conversion is necessary.