HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Amy
Green Beret

Re: HaloMD

Post by Amy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:00 am

I hope people are telling you this enough, Nil: You are doing such an amazing job. :)
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:09 am

New feature that will appear next update:

All multiplayer maps in the maps folder will be listed in the HaloMD client. It was kind of a pain to make this :/

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Thanks Amy. If you ever feel bored these days you can try to get Moisture or one of your other mods onto here :).

I just have to spend a little more time reviewing 002's code, then safely delete a bunch of other code (no mod enabling in the Mods menu), and it should be good to go. This will be really awesome for us as it is one more swapping-related thing we are removing.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:36 am

Muhaha that's beautiful 002. Sorry I've been gone so long, I've been running Linux and it's awkward.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Here is another "beta of a beta": http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/HaloMD_b24.zip for people to try out to see if it works or doesn't.

It has 002's new map list thing, and you no longer need to enable mods in the Mods menu.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:01 am

this works totally fine without gamespy since it's just server connecting right

more people need to be aware of this since there are so many people complaining about gamespy shutdown on reddit
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm

nil wrote:It has 002's new map list thing, and you no longer need to enable mods in the Mods menu.
I tested it out, pretty awesome. My only complaint would be the cluttered map selection screen, but that's pretty unavoidable. One thing I noticed was that you removed the mods being listed outside of the game (in the drop down menu). Even though they lack a function now, it was still a great way to see what mods you have downloaded and such, without checking in-game. I was thinking that listing the mods their would still be nice, even if you don't use that to enable mods anymore.

Well, either that or a way to see your mods in a different menu/window.

PS, removing mods can only be done through the map folder? Correct me if I am wrong, or wrong about anything else I've said.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 am

@Cronos: yes, this should work. The PC folk will come with their own way around the gamespy lobby, or so rumor says.

@Amy: Good point. I will think about marking already installed mods in the 'Install Mod' menu. Yeah, you have to remove mods in the Maps folder manually. MD could technically auto-remove "outdated" mods, but that may require some bit of thinking.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 am

Created a todo/issues list:

https://github.com/foonull/HaloMD

Somebody claimed that the beta MD build I linked above doesn't start up on a 10.6.8 machine. If anybody has such a machine (or 10.5 machine), and would like to confirm if that's the case, then let me know.

[EDIT]:

Going to post another beta: http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/HaloMD_b25.zip -- this tries to 'fix' the 10.6.8 launch issue, and also checkmarks mods in the Install Mod menu that have already been installed.

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2014 11:51 am

By any chance, is there a PC version that goes with MD?

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Guest wrote:By any chance, is there a PC version that goes with MD?
There isn't, but you can still join MD servers through Halo PC by direct IP, you just can't view any of the servers in the lobby.
HAC2 for Halo PC and CE has many comparable features, but still, it doesn't display MD servers.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sun May 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Guest wrote:By any chance, is there a PC version that goes with MD?
Download the mod from http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/mods/

Add the mod to your maps folder, no need to rename.

Direct IP connect to any MD server, a list is here: http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/lobby/

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon May 12, 2014 6:57 am

Seems like when the new Halo PC (1.10) version comes out, our SAPP servers running Blood Gulch will show up on the PC full version browser, unless that is just temporary for now (could be). [edit]: it was.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 pm

There's a new "beta of a beta" release.

http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/HaloMD_b27.zip

It's mostly chat being re-worked. 10.5 support has also been dropped, as well as 32-bit OS X support. It should also work on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

loki

Post by loki » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:28 am

quick question: performance in mavericks vs snow leopard even with the newest patch ?

wha is better? I mean i have mbp 2010 13 inch and game runs nicely under mavericks, but i am very curious if it runs any better under snow leopard?