HaloMD

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

zªCh

Re: HaloMD

Post by zªCh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:25 pm

oh god i started a war

and not many players seem to know how to contact nil or others if they have an issue playing/running haloMD
and some simply can't run it
so please don't get too involved with haloMD if it involves killing where it came from
-zªCh-
I remember thinking that halo would be the one thing that would never update past my mac.....then came HaloMD
now i have 3 versions of combat evolved on my mac...weird stuff.. now if only they made a ppc mac version of custom edition

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm

nil and others who use this forum should read this:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512

Monoman and I, along with anyone else who hosts content for this community on the internet, are considered "service providers" in this legal document.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Just to be clear, HDM has not been a service provider for MD for quite a while. All of MD's resources are onto MGM's (monoman's) services.

But this "I cannot make a non-positive comment" is complete nonsense.

Good: Advertising MD on demo lobby.
Bad: Hosting 30 servers in an intrusive way.

Good: Directing users to a website to inform them of MD.
Bad: Making a replica website that serves mostly the same exact purpose (it would have been ok if the website served a different (thus useful) purpose). Plus, you just took and hosted the content from halomd.net without even bothering to ask beforehand, which yes, means we can comment about it even though we're not in charge of your server since you're relying on our content.

Note that not *everything* I think is bad about what you tried to do.

But like Monoman said a while back to you, how can we take you seriously if you can't deal with negative feedback or disagreements, which you claim to be "bashing" or "abuse"

@zsh:
People come in our chat rooms (IRC or in MD) from time to time for troubleshooting, so situation might be better than you expect. I can't realistically help someone that can't find a way to get in contact, especially when we try to give several resources (including these forums) for assistance; so is life.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18743

I'm done here.
I have one last advice: keep in mind that with whatever you say, you must deal with the resulting consequences.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:11 pm

1.0b16 is out. Update at http://halomd.net or update in the application as usual.

It aims to fix some lobby freezing issues that affects some people that came about suddenly (really weird). I also disabled auto correct in MD chat room and put in Samuco's changes for implementing private messages.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:34 am

1.0b18 is out: http://halomd.net

It aims to fix the "no games found" bug some people ran into where they sometimes couldn't see any games, which was introduced in the last version.

Several enhancements are introduced too:
*Command-tabbing and hiding is possible in full-screen mode - the display is not captured by Halo anymore.
*Fix for halo playing on some multi-monitor setups. (thanks to anonymous guest)
*Chat text is now redirected to console in Post carnage report (thanks 002). This is effective in *any* server, allowing you to see chat messages during end-game.
*Unused maps are now omitted in multiplayer map selection screen (thanks 002)

And also some currently incomplete support for loading plug-ins.

Guest 123

Post by Guest 123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:40 am

Hi,
I have a bug with this 1.0b18, the update loop infinitely in the "Extracting update..." window, and make a memory leak.
Im on Lion 10.7.5, Halo MD 1.0b16.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 am

Guest 123 wrote:Hi,
I have a bug with this 1.0b18, the update loop infinitely in the "Extracting update..." window, and make a memory leak.
Im on Lion 10.7.5, Halo MD 1.0b16.
Odd. Try downloading MD from the main website: http://halomd.net

Guest 123

Post by Guest 123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 am

I just downoladed the last version from the site, and now when i launch HaloMD my compunter is totally frozen. : /

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:37 am

Guest 123 wrote:I just downoladed the last version from the site, and now when i launch HaloMD my compunter is totally frozen. : /
Your computer is frozen, and not just the app? I'd try restarting your computer.. If HaloMD freezes while starting up for some odd reason, I'd give it a few minutes before giving up. What version of OS X are you on? ( menu -> About this Mac)

If the app is frozen and you can use your computer, please open Activity Monitor (use spotlight to find it; the magnifying glass on top right of your screen), select HaloMD, go to View -> Sample Process in menu bar, copy the text and paste here.

This is a page of older releases just in case you may have to resort to an older version for the time being.

Guest 123

Post by Guest 123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes, all the computer, I need to force a restart with the power button... and if I try to restart this 1.0b18, same thing.
I saw nothing wrong in the Acticity Monitor, but I do not have time to copy the information because the compunter freeze within a few seconds.

I looked in Console, and i founded some error message, i dont know if can help you:
27/11/13 19:13:01,277 HaloMD: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSOrderWindowListWithOperation
27/11/13 19:13:01,277 HaloMD: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
27/11/13 19:13:01,277 HaloMD: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSReleaseWindowList: called with 1 invalid window(s)
27/11/13 19:13:01,278 HaloMD: dispose_talagent_windows: CGSReleaseWindowList(cid, (CGSWindowIDList)wids, count) returned CGError 1001 on line 269
27/11/13 19:13:01,286 HaloMD: Error 0xfffffda8 (-600): CGSSetHideOnDeact: error retrieving current process
27/11/13 19:13:01,376 HaloMD: Error 0xfffffda8 (-600): CGSOrderPanelIfActive: error retrieving current process
27/11/13 19:13:01,380 HaloMD: _WindowRightsGrantOfferedNotificationHandler: Got a notification with no callback registered (token (null)), rejecting
27/11/13 19:13:01,779 HaloMD: Error 0xfffffda8 (-600): CGSOrderPanelIfActive: error retrieving current process

I have Lion 10.7.5.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:02 pm

To clarify, is it the lobby app that's freezing, or the actual game?

Do you still experience the problem if you try running an older version of MD like b16 (see link I posted above)?

That seems like a log of the game which doesn't appear to be that helpful to me.

Guest 123

Post by Guest 123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:13 pm

The lobby app yes. I actually have the b16 and work nice, the problem is just for the b18.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Guest 123 wrote:The lobby app yes. I actually have the b16 and work nice, the problem is just for the b18.
I'm going to guess it might be a linking issue. Could you try this version and report back if it works or not? Thanks.

Guest 123

Post by Guest 123 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:29 am

It's better now with this b19, no freeze.
But today i noticed a strange thing in the Activity Monitor:

Just before launching HaloMD (screenshot):

And just after launching HaloMD (screenshot):

HaloMD (just the lobby app, not the game) use a very big part of "Inactive Memory" (color blue, ≈ 700Mb of RAM), i dont think it's normal : /
It's not only for b19, but even older versions. This thing explains a little bug i have since a long time: When i launch HaloMD, the app can't found servers game, i need to wait 30 or 40 seconds
for refresh and get the server list, the time to fill this "inactive memory".