Extending the Life of Halo Modding

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Modzy
Green Beret

Extending the Life of Halo Modding

Post by Modzy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:10 pm

With the coming of Lion, our Halo Demo will be rendered a useless file. I propose a solution:

I have been doing many tests. I have concluded that Halo UB can be modified to act simliar to Halo Demo; playing Bloodgulch and b30. Although the application of the retail version will be used, the retail game data files will not. Is this satisfactory to all those moral?

Multiplayer will of course have to be handled through a third-party application if it cannot be modified.

kiddten
Commando

Re: Extending the Life of Halo Modding

Post by kiddten » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:19 pm

I don't think it is immoral to fix up a game to make it continue to work.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:34 pm

o_o fucking do it.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:46 am

Yeah! and do we need to edit multiplayer? Like can't the servers that aren't bloodgulch be "full" servers? EDIT: wait shit completely forgot about the cd key.
TaxiService wrote:o_o fucking do it.
Last edited by Amy on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

dirk

Post by dirk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:36 am

Modzy wrote:With the coming of Lion, our Halo Demo will be rendered a useless file. I propose a solution:

I have been doing many tests. I have concluded that Halo UB can be modified to act simliar to Halo Demo; playing Bloodgulch and b30. Although the application of the retail version will be used, the retail game data files will not. Is this satisfactory to all those moral?

Multiplayer will of course have to be handled through a third-party application if it cannot be modified.
We should talk.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:53 am

dirk wrote:We should talk.
It's been a while.

EDIT: According to AIM, over a year.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:29 am

For the love of god, please do it.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:32 am

Modzy wrote:Is this satisfactory to all those moral?
Some people on this forum need to get over moral issues. -.- Didn't we once discover modding itself is technically illegal? But yes do it.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Maxxy

Post by Maxxy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 am

This could be love.
The Remains of Hostbot Are Here.

Editor-In-Chief of thetechtIle

http://thetechtile.com/

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 am

What I was/am against was providing the game illegally ourselves, when I don't know, pirating the game doesn't really look all that difficult as it is :P. Plus, you'll get more data files anyway and everything that comes with the actual game.

Multiplayer will be an issue of course. Joining and hosting any server in the lobby will not be possible unless you have a valid CD key, unless the server in question is "cracked" which bypasses this (if that's still around in practical use, I've no idea). Or unless the server is non-public, that is just LAN, then anyone can join via direct-IP and it won't verify your serial key. But no one can have conflicting serial keys still in order to play against each other, even in a private game. In that case, you'd need to generate a random invalid CD key and have Halo use it (which doesn't sound extremely difficult to do).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:53 am

Except all the apps that generate those, the first 10,000 or so keys have already been used, and there would be a lot of people on this forum who would also use it. Not saying it would in any means be hard. Just a little bit more time-consuming than you might think.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Ugh well I got my new mac and it has lion. I have the UB (obviously pirated) and it works great. I think the FPS is too high in fact. but I like this idea, halo UB [DEMO VERSION]. Custom UI would be nice. Could we find a workaround for the servers?
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:56 pm

i already know a way around Mag.
make your own internet and hook it up to the Halo code and other stuff that im too lazy to list.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:05 pm

I have been looking into the possibility of altering the game to contact a server other than gamespy. The new server would have to be 11 characters long, including its .com/.net. And research would have to be done involving what is sent and received from the gamespy server. If the latter research can be accomplished, it would be very possible to host a server list on and alternative master server. Thus removing the need for CD key checks.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Very intresting. lets explore these possibilites.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.