GR Bash = 10% funny, 50% mediocre, 40% boring.

Questions, problems, or anything pertaining to GR Bash.
kamster

GR Bash = 10% funny, 50% mediocre, 40% boring.

Post by kamster » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:51 pm

I don't get what the shit is up with the GR Bash mods, letting all this fucking boring shit gets through. I think the mods need to scrutinize the submissions better and remove some of the extremely boring stuff that's actually on here.
And by the way, why the fuck do the mods let those extremely long dirty posts with shitloads of server messages through? There's never anything remotely funny in them either.
Also, I've tried to get some hilarious stuff added on here, and when I add a few of them in a row, only the least funny ones get through, what's up with that?

Get new mods who know what shit is funny and what shit just isn't if you want the GR Bash rep to go up (because right now, everyone thinks it's fucking lame). That's my tip.

Civic

Post by Civic » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:49 pm

Heh, I disapprove 99% of the submissions... it's almost all just self-promoting non-funny crap... or stuff out of context which a normal reader who hasn't been in the chat wouldn't understand at all. I don't know, but Ethion pretty much approves everything... and so does Monoman, as far as I noticed. And whenever I delete really lame quotes, a few days later they're back in the database again. :?

Maybe I just don't have a sense of humor, or people have different types of humor... but maybe I should just approve all of the quotes you submit. You're really funny.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:49 am

I don't even know the last time I approved a quote. Until this post I hadn't even logged in to GR Bash for months.

Civic, I think you are probably the only one adding stuff. :wink: Ethion and I are slackers.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Ethion

Post by Ethion » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:35 am

Yeah.. I usually disapprove most of them, there are some that I find mediocre.

But, yes, most of them are crap. :P
Long live...

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:56 am

Yeah I have to agree, is there some kind of exploit to allow you to vote more than once because how would this http://www.macgamingmods.com/gr_bash/?395 get 130 good votes?!?

Civic

Post by Civic » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:40 pm

Yeah, it's quite easy, unfortunately... the system isn't 'secure' at all. Some certain "script kiddies" must be really proud now... just look at the Top 10. :roll:

I'm sure Monoman could make it more secure if he wanted to. ;)

Ethion

Post by Ethion » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:13 pm

yeah, I approved a quoute, the second day it had 230 votes...

So I believe either someone is able to get into the admin area, for accepting quotes..

And some script for voting..
Long live...

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:35 pm

You can't change the votes in the admin area. And yes, I could make it harder to increase the votes but I didn't. I'll put it on my list of updates. :wink:

I can just disable the voting if its a problem.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Civic

Post by Civic » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:23 pm

Well, the voting is a vital part of GR Bash... as it is at the original Bash.org. Just make it harder to cheat the votes and it should be fine, a complete reset of them would be advisable afterwards as well.

ScoredPenny

Post by ScoredPenny » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:55 am

Well yeah, most of the crap that gets on GR bash is boring. Mainly because most of the people there do it for self glory, and most of it is just made up.
What?! It's true, the mac runs Windows XP better than any PC.

Post by Default » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:12 am

ScoredPenny, not as much of it is made up as you think. Truth is stranger then fiction sometimes. While I do agree with you that sometimes people just do it for self-promotion that TOO isn't always the case. #590 is a post which has things I said and I didn't even think about it until it was until I saw it up here. That's why I want to be a mod and help up that 10%.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:57 pm

I really hate to bump this, but it is at the top of the list anyway. I think that the GR Bash could be good, but not many people on GR know about it. Maybe some advertising on GR would help?

Sparky
Delta Force

nice

Post by Sparky » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:05 pm

good idea, POG.

Hey, Monoman, am I still a GR Bash Moderator? I'd like to do stuff, but I don't see my name on the moderator list.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:44 pm

Yea, you should be, I haven't removed anyone. I think I might have never added you to the list. 8)

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig