BF 1942 Mods

Everything about BF 1942 and its mods.

BF 1942 Mods

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Hey, I'm trying to upgrade my copy of BF 1942 using all the Mods available but am pretty confused as to what I need, and what I don't need and as a result some of the mods I want to use seem to have lots of errors during gameplay like 'unable to do this' or 'unable to do that' or unable to load plugin, already exists elsewhere', etc. In my Mods folder now I have these folders.

Action BF, BF1942, DC_Extended, DC_Final, DC_Realisim, DCFX, desertcombat, XPack1, and the Infantry/Aircraft mod that changes the objects.rfa file. Surely there is some redundancy here and I can delete stuff right? And how can I fix all the errors?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:54 pm

If the Infantry/Aircraft mod changes the object.rfa file then that could cause problems with other mods. Also for the DC mods, you will have to check the individual mod readme for what it requires. I don't remember if DC_Realism and DCFX required just DC or DC and DC_Final.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:56 am

Ok, I'll change back the objects.rfa file and then go through all the mods 1 by 1. Maybe just playing each mod will help me determine which ones I can delete?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:41 am

I disabled the IA mod and am still getting errors in the Action BF mod. Probably the other mods as well. Surely some of these mods render others obsolete. Anyone have any insight into this? If I could weed out a few obsolete mods I would be able to troubleshoot things better. The readme files dont really give much info.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:23 pm

Is your Desert Combat mod version 0.7? That was the last version and it is required for DC_Final.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:15 am

Yea .7