modding prob

Everything about GhRD and its mods.
Mad Max
Operative

modding prob

Post by Mad Max » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:09 pm

i'm trying to make a mod where the ground is white (with paches of grass showing, or just white) and it is snowing how would i do this?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:48 pm

You would have to change/replace the current ground image (one of the .rsb files) for the map.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Mad Max
Operative

Post by Mad Max » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:44 pm

will i be able to do this with a mac if so what file name will i need to alter

also the rsb files have lots of bloody symbols and computer language i think this means i do need a windows but if theres software that would enable me to de-code these symbols..... pre tell.

[a]ferret

Post by [a]ferret » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:39 pm

omg.. it took me a minute to figure out what you were on about... silly aussies..

your opening .rsb files with TextEdit. They are graphic files.. which means you need a raster image editing program.. like photoshop or such.. the rsb plugin does not work for mac... so you'll need a pc

if this is not the case..

then your trying to open a mac .rsb file from your ghost recon directory with graphic converter.. this cannot be done either. pc .rsb files work great.. however not mac ones.

get a pc or get windows installed using vpc or another method... get photoshot or anything that can use .rsb plugins for photoshop.. the .rsb plugin that works the best.. is on the island thunder install cd for pc.... this is for changing existing files from pc .rsb's or other mods... this is the best way to make texture files for ghost recon...

alternate.. use the rsbconverter (available here).. convert to a pict file. alter it with w/e program you edit your gfx with.. convert back to a .rsb. wee files work..

---------------------------------

castleday with snow.. ive seen this.. actually a whole mod for that map for snow.. i'll look to see what I can find and make a nice little package because it's already been done.. and pretty nice looking too.
www.animal-clan.com * daw * moo *