Wondering about different cheats in use on GaRa.

Everything about GhRD and its mods.
Mongrel

Wondering about different cheats in use on GaRa.

Post by Mongrel » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:53 am

Does anyone know if "invisibility" cheats, cheats that "Highlight" opponents, or "inVINcibility" cheats are in use out there?

Some days, it seems that I'm playing against a ghost, or someone who can eat 5 shots to the head and then turn around to smite me. Some days I DO suck at the game more than others, but my suspicions are growing. And it's not fun anymore if people are cheating. FURTHERMORE, if people are cheating while there is a player rating system on GaRa, then that only gives them more reason to cheat.

I SAY, if someone mods a cheat into the game, then they aren't playing the same game as the rest of us. So they can't really say they've won, can they, now?

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know if GhRD can be modded or manipulated so that someone other than the host can start the game?

Three times now when I haven't Readied Up OR set a AUTOSTART timeout limit, the game has started anyway. As if someone "forced" it without my say-so. I'm just about in FITS trying to figure out what's going ON. One specific gamer is the only unifying element in these three games, but I don't want to make accusations, and there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation. I just don't know what it might be. Can somebody HELP me with?

Also, is kicking out spawn-killers acceptable/in good taste?

I'm trying to run a reputable establishment, you know? Call me a prude but I'm thinking that an online-gaming etiquette guide is long overdue.

Mongrel
-- "My kingdom for a Humvee."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:12 pm

There are cheats out there for GhR. I'm not sure if they work for the demo or not. As far as I know there isn't any of the cheats you mentioned around. The thing about shooting someone 5 times and they don't die can be cause by lag or position of both players on the map. The only way a game can start is if the host force starts it, everyone clicks the ready box, or if there is a timer. As for kicking someone who spawn kills, it depends on the circumstance. For example, if you were playing Siege and I was going for the smoke and you spawned in front of me I would kill you. If someone is camping at the spawn for multiple games then, I would probably kick them.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Sephiroth Clock
Veteran

Post by Sephiroth Clock » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:08 pm

Spawn camping in easier to understand terms:
It's okay to boot when:
-the person is out of the way and just camping at your spawn point
-the person repeatedly spawn kills/camps

It's better not to boot when:
-You are playing siege (assuming offense is doing the spawn killing)
-the person would have died if he did not kill you (assuming he only does this once or twice per game)

Pie

Post by Pie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:35 pm

The only way I know of cheating is on ones own host, when the hoster(ess) will mod a specific gun to be extremely accurate, have low recoil, super high rpm, etc. Then there are the four know glitch sites...but you're probably aware of those.
"What is camping and why do people hate me?"
-House of Otis, Stupid Questions

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:16 pm

Last edited by Dark Angelus on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teh Pie

Post by Teh Pie » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:32 pm

Specific spots. Two woodpiles, one house, one bed.

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:41 pm

Last edited by Dark Angelus on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pie

Post by Pie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:47 pm

That is because you are petulantly ignorant.
"What is camping and why do people hate me?"
-House of Otis, Stupid Questions

Dark Angelus
Peon

Post by Dark Angelus » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:04 am

Last edited by Dark Angelus on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Max

Re: Wondering about different cheats in use on GaRa.

Post by Mad Max » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:29 pm

There are some cheats out there but they only work for single player
those cheats are

ammo=unlimited ammo

teamsuper=makes everyone invulnerable

teamghost=makes everyone invisible

These cheats are fun sometimes when you are stressed and you just wanna shoot the crap outta some terrorist at point blank range with a support.