'Cat & Mouse' Mod for the demo?

Everything about GhRD and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

'Cat & Mouse' Mod for the demo?

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:54 am

I was playing on a friends LAN party set-up recently and they had an interesting mod on GR called 'Cat & Mouse' - but I can't seem to find out where it comes from.

Basically the game is like a game of 'tag' - the first person who shoots a competitor is the 'mouse', and thereafter everyone else must try to shoot him (they become the 'cats')...

When the mouse is shot, then the 'shoorter' then becomes the mouse and so on. Points are awarded for shooting the mouse, and more points to the mouse when they defend themselves by shooting any 'cats'!

BUT...Points are DEDUCTED from any cat that shoots another cat...

Believe me when I say it is a lot more interesting playing it than describing it - my friends and I were very skepical at first but ended up playing the damn thing all day!!!

The castle map is ideal to play this mod - as it is nice and compact and the mouse can't hide too far away...This makes it a fast paced affair, with a big race to locate the maouse and kill him first...

It's a huge laugh when several people locate the mouse at the same time and then the biggest shoot out occurs! LOL

So Monoman - any ideas - can this be done for the demo?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:16 pm

The Cat and Mouse gametype comes with Island Thunder. I have made non-IT version of the gametype for regular Ghr. The gametype cannot be played on the demo because the demo is a lower version than IT. I have tried to get it to work on the demo but I couldn't. If you don't have IT for Ghr and you want Cat and Mouse I can give you my non-IT version of it.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:49 am

Fantastic Monoman...

Would appreciate the non-it GR version...I recon it might be small enough to email?

If so: beaty@mac.com

best regards.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:33 pm

The file has been sent.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig