SiP Weapon Compilation Mod

Special Operations Group

Moderator: Vir2L™

What other mods' kits would be good to add in?

HX5
No votes
XM8 Armoury
60%
GRM 4
20%
Navy SEALS
20%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 5

SiP
Peon

SiP Weapon Compilation Mod

Post by SiP » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:51 pm

If you have it and have, by chance, encountered any errors, post me a word or two. Thanks.

BTW, I do know that it is not very compatible with any kit restrictions that are not among the six that I made and placed in the "Kits" folder. I hope to do more with it, but it'll have to wait. I'm off to AT on Saturday for two weeks.

Also, when the "No Restriction" kit restriction is activated, I have noticed that the amount of kit scrolling needed to find certain kits is quite rediculous. For that, I plan to create more "Actor" profiles in some way similar to how mods such as HX5 has done so to further divide its kit offerings.

If you don't have it and wish to check it when I'm away, it has not been posted anywhere for downloading. However, Unk, Sparrow, and Kat each have a copy and they may be nice enough to fork it out for a small fee ;).
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:07 pm

I like all the good guns. haha. whatever that means. XM8 would be nice,
some of the MP5's from HX5.

Just remember to give credit to all the authors of the weapon models. And if you plan on making the mod a public download, make sure you get permission from the authors of the weapon models you use. Last thing modders want is someone putting together some "best of mod" and not lettting them know their models are being used. Most are fine with clans putting together weapons mods for clan only use, but they get a bit iffy when it starts spreading like wildfire on the net without the proper permissions, and it's understandable.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:24 am

I hate to brag, but the credentials that I have included in this mod are far better than most. I've color coordinated everything for mod origin identity. However, I have not spoken with any of files' creators.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

I adjusted the mod a bit - 1.0.1b. Changes are in the Read Me of that new version.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:00 pm

nice SiP. You musta looked inside my SOG Ret MOD. =P I color coded and such as well.

Alot of MODs these days, especially the mac made ones (ie. DBL's, B&G, =X= Weapons and MP3), are put together with slim to no credit to the authors, which is pretty sad. No love being shown to the people who actually created the works of art that make the mod.

I'm fairly certain if any of the map authors or weapon modders saw that their work was being scattered around and thrown together like some of these Mac made compilations, they would be pretty upset.

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:58 am

Actually, ya I had first seen highlighting in your mod. However, at the time, its purpose did not occur to me.

Though, when I started to really "go at it" with the making of my mod, the use of highlighting basically made for a much needed duality in purpose. On the one hand, credentials was a motive, but more importantly was the fact that personal referencing of particular file names was a must for intregrating the contents of multiple mods into one working unit that had the intended functionality. Without highlighting, I'd have had a bugger of a time trying creating the kit restriction files that the mod includes.

Only thing now is to figure out a referencing alternative in the event that a mod incorporates the interlacing of mods' content that is in greater mutiplicity than the available highlighting colors. I guess the ol' pen and paper still has it's uses (or MS Word,etc).
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:52 pm

Update 1.0.2b:
-Adds the kits from the Tommy Gun Mod.
-Adds the kits from the XM8 Armoury mod.
-Adds the kits from the Navy SEALS_V2 mod.
-Adds the "SiP Pistols" kit restriction (the DE 44 & the Musket Pistol have no menu data nor menu weapon image but are still functional weapons).
-Adds the "SiP Nades" kit restriction.
-NOW CONTAINS OVER 900 KITS!!
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

BigDog

Post by BigDog » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Ah so where can I find this MOD, SiPpy?

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:50 pm

Errr...my interest for this mod sorta died out when I realized that it wasn't worth my time trying to make it publicly available by gaining permission from all whom I borrowed material from in order to make it.

However, if you'd like a copy, I could get it to you sometime.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:43 am

Although my dedication to joining the crew on the COD2 scene hasn't been real strong lately, I have had a renewed interest in Ghost Recon. And, surely, this is heavily due to the fact that I was, for all practical purposes, away from the gaming scene for over 22 months. Gamewise, I'm still living in the summer of 2005! Granted, there sure aren't many playing Ghost Recon much anymore. But, in my mind, that game never losses its appeal - especially with how easy the game is for modding. Well, maybe that statement's relative, as I certainly don't consider myself well versed in the art/skill of modding. Heck, I'm a copyright-infringing, code-tampering poser at best!

Even so, after being back for a over six months now, I've found myself revisiting the haphazard compilation mod I threw together a few years ago. During this return, I've had a few more dabbling sessions which have proven cause for a renewed interest in this mod. I've added a few hundred more kits, borrowed some enemy/character skins from other mods, and fixed [only] a few problem areas. This "final" product ain't perfect, but it definitely brings a new level of consideration for each player's personal kit preference. Plus, one can't deny it's fun to use a Mk-19, Minigun, flamethrower, and other outlandish guns that actually function as they should. Or, in many cases, as one might hope for sake of gaming fun.

Meat 'n Potatoes:
-1130 kits (compiles the kits of 10 mods and a number of kits I came up with)
-Numerous tweaked ".gun," ".kil," and ".pgj" files to add realism, functionality, and, in some many cases, novice-friendly adjustments to accommodate all levels of skill, motivation to be tactical, or lack thereof.
-Numerous (over a dozen) kit restriction options
-All kits and kit restrictions are COOP compatible, TEAM compatible, and available to all four platoons during all game types.
-Each platoon has it's own unique set of character skins (16 total skins - 4 unique to each platoon)

URL for downloading:
http://homepage.mac.com/smljhndnsmr/FileSharing1.html
or
http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/File ... US&lang=en

Long live Ghost Recon!
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:12 pm

holy crap SiP! That's alot of kits! It's gotta take 30 minutes just to find the one you like to use! lol.

I still have GhR on my old comp, and wouldn't mind running around the game again sometime.... I have alot of good memories with that game, especially the Coop Tournaments we participated, and did quite well, in.

You just have to login to our TeamSpeak server more often, because we hardly use GamerAnger anymore, and let us know when you are playing. That's what being in a squad is all about... right?