whats better for multiplayer... cod1 or cod2?

Everything about CoD, CoD 2, and their mods.
irishwill

whats better for multiplayer... cod1 or cod2?

Post by irishwill » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:14 am

i love the multiplayer online stuff so i nee d to know it and 1 other thing is sWAT mod just says for call of duty is thare one for cod2 also?

let me rephraze.... on this website ...in downloads and you go to call of duty... then total conversions 1. do the total conversions effect single player? or just multiplayer?
2. are thay for cod1 or cod2? so what i really would want is the modern mod and merciless mod... what game would i have to get and are thay for multiplayer of singleplayer?
i may look small but you better watch your back punk!! Image mwahahahahhahahhaah!!!.....*ehem* heheh...heh..

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:34 pm

As far as I know there isn't a SWAT mod for COD 2. All of the mods on the site are for COD 1. Now to answer your other questions.

1. This depends on the total conversion. Most total conversions effect both single player and multiplayer. Although there are some that don't have single player options.

2. I haven't seen a modern combat or merciless type mod for COD 2.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:36 pm

but you have seen them for cod1 right?

.. well look on this website the 2 mods *revolt* and *merciless* mods i can only play them with cod1 right? and last thing is do thay both work on singleplayer? becouse these are the only mods im interested in
i may look small but you better watch your back punk!! Image mwahahahahhahahhaah!!!.....*ehem* heheh...heh..

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:48 pm

Yes, both of those mods are for COD 1. Its been awhile but if I remember correctly, both mods are MP only.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:15 pm

ok diff question, the apple store near me only has cod2 now are thare ANY mod for mac cod2??? i REALLLLY need to know.

like i know tyhares merciless singleplayer for cod on pc but is thare for mac?.

if not those cod1 mods can thay work on cod2 also?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:33 pm

COD 1 mods will not work on COD 2. You can find some COD 2 mods here.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:55 am

one problem... i dont know if ANY of them are for mac or not

yep there is *****NO***** mods for cod2 mac i google it but the closest thing i get are game reviews that say cod2 does not support MODS that ghave game spaces in the folders .. but no ACTUAL mods

well maybe there is on that site you gave mne but how do i know wich are mac and which are pc? no way of knowing

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:24 pm

The PC mods will work on the Mac version. Most you may have to do is use a PC to open any mods that are in .exe format. If the mods come in .zip then you should be fine since Macs can open zip files.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:09 pm

thanks dude i never new that :D :D :D :D

well :roll: *sigh* i put the mods .iwd files in the "call of duty 2/data/main/"
folder but i start game and it crashes.. like on the bloodlust v1.0.0. final version ...crashes... another blood/ realism mod... you get it right after i start new game and it loads.... [crash] what can i do?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:22 am

Looking at the readme for Bloodlust, the mod should go in Call of Duty 2/main not Call of Duty 2/data/main.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 am

i dont think theres another main folder... besides in the data/ main folder is all of the other .iwd files.... maybe thay mean the main call of duty folder... so do i go into data.... or do that shoew packege contents and put derectly into the games icon?

well could you experiment and find out were to put it like tell me were as in : macintos HD/Aplications/call of duty 2/ that thing?
becouse i put it in /Macintosh HD/aplicaions/call of duty 2 / call of duty 2 data/main/ with the rest of the .iwds but still crashes

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:38 pm

I can't test it since I don't have Call of Duty 2.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:51 pm

i found one thart works i geuss some of them just overload the system but i got 1 that works

but isnt thare a way to open .Exe files with bootcamp?.. i dont mean the buy a windows cd and make a windows partition but cant i at least convert the file?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Bootcamp only works with a partition and a copy of Windows. You could try Parallels, although I think that also requires a copy of Windows.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

irishwill

Post by irishwill » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:48 pm

that one i found adds a little more blood but others crash... could you help? there really cool... just tell me why thay crash and how i might go about fixing it?

theres another mod i found but it crashes after awhile like if charges are set the explosien crashes it and a couple times i got a script error for too many veriables... just tell me what i can do to fix this...i turned graphix down and made not so many dead bodys couse i think that the game is overloading... is thare anyway to dum it down a bit?