Impresive....

Everything about RvS and its mods.
Vir2L™
Ranger

Impresive....

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:25 pm

This crew seems to be taking matters into there own hands without the SDK..... check the Gun/Grenade/flashlight threads..... http://forums.koalaclaw.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=14
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:50 pm

They are the same guys who did the stats stuff. All they are doing is editing the current files to include their new stuff. The problem is if people want to you use the new guns they will have to replace their current files, then put them back if they go to a server which doesn't use that mod. The reason everyone wants the SDK is that the SDK will allow people to add to the game without replacing the stock files.

I have to say I like the glow stick idea and the laser. Those would be nice additions to coop. The video for the nade is great. \ :) /
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:26 pm

Another group that took matters into their own hands but have since ceased was the Muf network which was developing a Ironsights mod for RvS. I tested it out (hence the screenshots) but you can read about it here:
http://www.teammuf.com/forum/showthread ... genumber=2

This is one I took when I tried out the M14 Ironsights mod:
Image[/url]
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:36 pm

How did you like the ironsights? It looks like Call of Duty with the ironsights active.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:58 am

The Ironsights on the M14 are very (very) hard for close combat. Mostly beccause it was the M14 and not something smaller (I downloaded the MP5 file but couldn't get it to work). They are outstanding for outdoor/long-range levels such as peaks. But lining up the sights on a tango in close quarters is very tricky and is taking some getting used to.

Also, one sidenote since production of this mod has been ceased until the PC Gamers get their SDK, the M14 firing animations have an incredible jump to them when firing in full auto and the M14-SD version is not in ironsights mode. They have a link to download the M14 version off of their site so you all can test it out for yourselves if you want. There is another link to a version of the MP5 but I good luck getting it to work, I couldn't.
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.