RvS Freezing Up

Everything about RvS and its mods.
TrueLT
Peon

RvS Freezing Up

Post by TrueLT » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:46 am

Alright this is a problem that I had when I first installed the game. It would run fine for about 10 minutes and after that it would freeze. It only freezes the game itself any programs running underneath Raven Shield are still working. The problem resolved itself after a while but now its doing it again for some reason after I installed the patch.

Any ideas as to what causes that?
I'm running only a 700MhZ processor (a measly 33 under the system reqs) but is there any way I can assign more memory to RvS or something?
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:16 pm

You can try increasing the amount of cache the game uses. If I could remember that frame rate page, it listed some memory changes. To change your game cache go to the RavenShield.ini file in your System folder. Next find the line below:

Code: Select all

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:25 pm

doesn't this "cache" apply to the memory on your video card?

If so i would suggest setting the number to whatever your videocard memory is...... 32, 64, 128, 256(dont think we have these yet)

I have a 32 meg card which is the system requirement bare minimum. Alot of older macs only have a 16 meg video card. (I wouldn't know what to suggest doin if thats what you have).

I heard if you set the cache size bigger than what your video card is might casue pauses in the games becasue it is trying to jam to much info into a small space, so to speak. I havent dabbled with that so i don't know for sure, but it sounds logical to me.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:53 am

Seems like the cache is for the video card but since his problem was the game freezing up, video card maybe the problem. Although now that I think of it, the problem is probably that he is under the requirements (733 Mhz). I know a few people who had a similar problem with running Ghost Recon.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:15 pm

I got it with a bit of tweaking, when I play without the CD it stops freezing so problem solved.

EDIT: Typo
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.