40%
Terro Hunt
20%

Total votes: 5

Vir2L™
Ranger

Is it just me...?

Post by Vir2L™ » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:59 pm

Is it just me or are Terro Hunts the most boring gametype in this game?

Everytime i go into any server except for a select few (you know who you are), the same amount of terrorists (40) and everyone just runnin around till the last guys is standing and you gotta watch him try and find the last damn terrorist which makes it that much more annoying/boring for the rest of the players who have to sit thru the torture of this guy trying to find the last terro who fortunatly stayed alive even though he only has 3 kills on the damn scoreboard.......... *breathe* arg terrro hunt blows

Granted this is my opinion and other people may prefer this gametype ALL THE TIME.

Hostage Rescue adds much more of a challenge and...... if you dont care about the hostage go around and kill all the damn terros, voila!!! problem solved, win win situation..........

:rocker:

Dont get me wrong i like terro hunt, every once in a while. There are some great maps that work well for terro hunt, bt some maps have so many nooks and crannies that it is tedious to fid the last damn terro.

I challenge more people to challenge them selves to try missions and hostage rescues, you just might learn some tactics while attempting it.

*end rant*
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:31 pm

For SP I like terrorist hunt cuz I can work on strategy and stuff (I don't play a lot of MP but now that that patch is out... O_) )
For a challege I like hostage. (whats really fun is playing sp as observer and watching your guys pwn and get pwned)
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:08 pm

I like terro hunt or hostage since the gameplay is about the same. I'm not always in the mood for mission since you have to perform certain tasks and all I want to do is run around shooting people. \ :) / The main problem with terro hunt is that most people will not start the round over if there is only one player left.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:36 am

Roger that re: people who won't suicide when there are 10 minutes left, 20 terros left and a noob who doens't have a clue...
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

theBlack
Peon

Post by theBlack » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:03 am

Hostage all the way, The Parade Map with 35 Tango's on Elite [as if anything else], make one mistake and the Hostage gets it in the brain.

And restrict that kit!, the last thing you want is a kid with a M60 and 6 grenades on a hostage rescue, also get rid of the smoke, as if anybody seeing smoke wouldn't shoot at it!!! makes it toooo easy.

And use voice, that has to be the best way to achieve a successful op.

This is what RS is all about, if all you want is a Shoot'em up, Play Unreal 2004

O_)
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:50 am

i believe that smoke is unbalanced -- more effective -- in comparison to flash and frag nades in the current iteration of rvs. of course, i think that is due more to the weakness of the flash and frag grenade effects than the unrealism of smoke.

it is not true that terros do not shoot into smoke -- they often do it on elite, and sometimes on veteran -- and those odds increase if your gun protrudes from the smoke or the tango is above or below your plane.

moroever, there are several reasons a terro would not blindly "shoot into smoke" as suggested above.

1. if they are nearby, they are disoriented from the smoke in their eyes -- most do not wear goggles, while the ravens appear to wear some type of eye shield.

2. these are terros in a defensive posture, presumably with strict orders not to shoot unless an enemy is seen.

3. shooting blindly into smoke is a recipe for friendly fire.

4. limited ammo -- wasting a clip or two into a smoky haze is often just that -- a waste -- ever try blindly shooting through smoke at a target you had in sight but then lost? not very effective.

5. the terro may suspect the enemy is using the smoke as a diversion to get him away from his posted position -- and presumably he is under strict orders to remain alert at that post -- otherwise i could induce a terro into attacking the smoke as i flank and eliminate him

think about your own behavior -- i, for one, do not fire blindly into the smoke when a terro throws a smoke nade. i seek a hiding place or flank the smoke and then try to find where he really is. you might say the terros don't do this when you smoke them, but then terros not stealthfully going into patrol or falling back to a stealthy position is not just a problem with smoke -- it is a problem with the a.i., whether they detect ravens by smoke, nades, guns, or sight -- most still sit there on their position. the lack of realism is not smoke, but rather the behavior of the a.i. in all "possible engagement nearby" settings. all too often they sit there like ducks -- and when they move they patrol or fallback without any regard to protecting their own position.
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:06 am

Well written Pres, and I concur.

My own comments...

I rarely see a Terro fire blindly into smoke. If that does happen, you are not using smoke correctly or conducting your operation or yourself in an efficient or stealthy manner. Using smoke correctly is an Art.

On Elite the smoke effect does not last as long as on Veteran but that's because Elite is more difficult...

6. The act itself, of throwing smoke, will put off a Terrorist at any level of difficulty.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

theBlack
Peon

Post by theBlack » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:47 am

My point was on smoke is that it is unrealistic within the dynamics of the game. but then again the terrorist react to stimulus unrealistically anyway.

If smoke was used within a building corridor, or a confined space, the terrorist would lay down suppressing firing, more so if they were under some form of assault. then retreat to a safe distance to gain some form of advantage, not stand still and see their mates shot one by one.
If in the open, the terrorist would simply react! keeping the area under observation, and being more alert to attack.

You could not set off a smoke grenade and sit in the smoke and pick off the target at your leisure with night scope, which many players do.

In my experience the use of smoke grenade in the game is to unrealistic, stealth, and caution wins every time, I also don't use frag grenades if i can help it until the last moment, as I feel them excessive in a hostage rescue, breaching charges are interesting if used correctly.

I also think we credit the AI with a little to much intelligence, the terrorist don't shoot into the smoke because they are to stupid, they simply don't react to smoke very well.

Points noted

1. if they are nearby, they are disoriented from the smoke in their eyes -- most do not wear goggles, while the ravens appear to wear some type of eye shield.
1.b when Tango's are at a distance, they fail to react to smoke, as if they are blind to it.

2. these are terros in a defensive posture, presumably with strict orders not to shoot unless an enemy is seen.
2b. Defensive, not brain dead, no action is taken until they have spotted you with their 100% observation, YOU not the smoke, which is unrealistic, as smoke proves your existence.

3. shooting blindly into smoke is a recipe for friendly fire.
3b That is a risk of close quarters combat, and is why special forces plan assaults that ensure both teams don't come into contact, something that the Tango's I wouldn't imagine consider.

4. limited ammo -- wasting a clip or two into a smoky haze is often just that -- a waste -- ever try blindly shooting through smoke at a target you had in sight but then lost? not very effective.
Covering fire can be effective, and firing off a few clips into smoke, is a good option, better safe then sorry, if it doesn't reveal you position, you might get lucky, many a soldiers have been hit and killed by a random shot.

and then

My own comments... by timmy

I rarely see a Terro fire blindly into smoke. If that does happen, you are not using smoke correctly or conducting your operation or yourself in an efficient or stealthy manner. Using smoke correctly is an Art.

That was my point, if you read my post!

On Elite the smoke effect does not last as long as on Veteran but that's because Elite is more difficult...

Ahh good call!

The act itself, of throwing smoke, will put off a Terrorist at any level of difficulty.

Because they think its a grenade!

Lets not turn this into a rant by posting childish comments in other posts, these are comments and observation made by a fellow player, if you do not agree with simply say so, because you play a Game doesnt make you an expert in Covert forces deployment and techniques.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk