Goodbye!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Samuco
Peon

Goodbye!

Post by Samuco » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Over the years it has been fun. Between Halo modding, programming modding tools (like swordedit, iServer etc) and playing games (like the Minecraft pig hotel) I have enjoyed it, but I feel that the time has come that I should move on from MGM. I get the impression that my work is no longer appreciated, and I really should be doing better things with my time (like focusing on my uni courses).

I really can't be bothered writing out a huge thing so I'll just "borrow" some of Sparky's because it pretty much sums everything up.
As Sparky once said (slightly modified):
Because you have all rejected everything I say and made difficult everything I desired to do here.
Because you systematically trolled all my posts, whether in General Discussion or the Halo Demo subforums.
Because you have only implied with everything you said that I should leave, even with the forced responses of "Oh Sparky we value you and what you do," and because those responses in their contexts could only mean that the only value you find in my presence here was that it allowed you to exercise abuse and bullying against me, pointedly.
Because nobody here has shown interest in even my most extensive projects.
Because I was patient with this forum and its visitors since the beginning of this forum.
Because despite my history and experience and expertise here I was still shown more respect by Halo Demo gamers than by my fellow MGM modders.
Because this forum has digressed into a troll festival.
Because I am now completely ignored by most of you.
Because I can no longer do any good here because of all previously said and more.

I, Samuco, quit MacGamingMods.com and its related communities.
All my HaloMD-related activities will cease.

You all have no more part in my life. As you have rejected me and everything I do, so I reject you.
Irrefutably.
Last edited by Samuco on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Goodbye!

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Are you angry?

Focusing on school tasks, especially for a master's degree, is often quite necessary until those expectations and demands pass. I certainly enjoyed having you on the forum. I didn't see anything amiss besides a somewhat slight progression towards frustration, but I didn't know what exactly was the cause of this. Anyway, it is odd to think that my reasons for having written that are also your reasons, because I did not see you suffering even a fraction of the abuse I had suffered. So that's why I find your using my words here unusual. For whatever reasons you have, good luck with your tasks.

I've been inactive these past couple weeks because of a death in the family. I mentioned this to nil and dirk on the chat, but felt it unwelcome here on the forum. Such is how I treat this forum now; I save the personal stuff and exciting things for elsewhere, and I basically use it as a business blog to announce the availability of certain projects of mine. There are not enough people here anymore to warrant a great diversity of halo engine exploration topics, and the information is mostly familiar to me now, so I don't really start any new topics on those subjects, and I don't have time to write tutorials when my major projects like Zeus are underway anyway. It seems these older projects are phasing out and the newer projects would eventually end up re-popularizing Halo modding. That's a nice prospectus for swordedit starlight and your versions of that application, but again, I'm pretty certain one of us who are more familiar with the game engine would need to give you the basics of the setup of a new application, or you would need to just start over entirely -- I would do such a thing, except that it would be more efficient to simply integrate your work into Zeus' scenario editor. You did a nice job with your applications, though, and greatly improved swordedit from what it was when sword left it to go focus on school things like you are doing now.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Samucoisawesome

Post by Samucoisawesome » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:39 pm

DUDE DONT QUIT! HALO IS NOTHIN WITHOUT U! DONT QUIT BECAUSE WHAT OTHRRS SAY!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:00 am

Of course your work is appreciated! It's just Halo demo modding isn't really alive like it was. But it's not like we're expected to say "Hail, Samuco!" every few minutes.

Your work into the Halo modding community kept it alive for the years it was big, many mods wouldn't have come to light without your creations.

Sad to see you go.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 am

Sorry people are hardasses sometimes, but goodbye threads tend to be more trouble than they're worth.
Samucoisawesome wrote:DUDE DONT QUIT! HALO IS NOTHIN WITHOUT U! DONT QUIT BECAUSE WHAT OTHRRS SAY!
Lolwut.

Ranger

Post by 002 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, I don't mean to be an asshole about this, but you're wrong on all counts.
Because you have all rejected everything I say and made difficult everything I desired to do here.
Wrong. If we rejected everything you said, we wouldn't bother responding.
Because you systematically trolled all my posts, whether in General Discussion or the Halo Demo subforums.
Wrong.

1) You hardly ever post (0.07% posts per day?), and when you do,
2) many of your topics are actually praised. Swordedit, for instance, is pretty important.
Because you have only implied with everything you said that I should leave, even with the forced responses of "Oh Sparky we value you and what you do," and because those responses in their contexts could only mean that the only value you find in my presence here was that it allowed you to exercise abuse and bullying against me, pointedly.
Nobody implied that. You would know if that were true. I would also see something like that somewhere.
Because nobody here has shown interest in even my most extensive projects.
Bullshit. Swordedit? You're a fool to think that nobody cares about Swordedit.
Because I was patient with this forum and its visitors since the beginning of this forum.
Bullshit.

a) You post a few good posts and then you end it with this post. You said you "can't be bothered" to come up with your own post. You're totally not patient.
b) You were not here in the beginning of this forum. Much went on before you (and I) even bothered to click "Register".
Because despite my history and experience and expertise here I was still shown more respect by Halo Demo gamers than by my fellow MGM modders.
You must have been a king to them.
Because this forum has digressed into a troll festival.
Actually, it digressed into a funeral, more than a festival. It's quiet and people are mourning about the past and how much better it was than it is now. It was a troll festival when you joined.
Because I am now completely ignored by most of you.
Obviously not. If you were ignored, nobody would reply to your posts and nobody would like Swordedit.
Because I can no longer do any good here because of all previously said and more.
If you say so. Leaving a bunch of unfinished projects here must mean that you only meant to start them and not finish them?
I, Samuco, quit MacGamingMods.com and its related communities.
All my HaloMD-related activities will cease.
You all have no more part in my life. As you have rejected me and everything I do, so I reject you.
Irrefutably.
You've literally said nothing about why you were leaving. I respected you until you made this post.

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:34 am

Well, he terminated his relations to us and MD. I suppose it is no use trying to get him back?
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 am

Why is it when we want to get rid of a single person, everybody else leaves and he stays -_-