The Community

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sugarlumps
Ranger

The Community

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:27 am

I feel inclined to share this. Its really interesting to look back on this community, a few months down the road. Very rarely do I now come back to this, though it doesn't matter much - seeing as how much life (or lack of it) still is here. I find it quite enjoyable (?, not quite the word for it) to browse through older posts and see how far we as a community has progressed. While modding for HD was the main drive for traffic for MGM, it slowly died off. I myself have 3 unfinished mods - untouched files since somewhere quite a while ago. I never had the motivation to finish them, and probably will never.

For me, I feel slightly disheartened that this community is drying up (ever so slowly). But I have to say - the 2 'active' years I spent here was quite something. So for all (if any) the older lurkers and members, I just need to say thank ya.
Click!

Sven
SEAL

Re: The Community

Post by Sven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 am

I have a huge love for these forums, and the community that comes with it. It was also the first forum for which I ever seriously created an account and used it.
Even with Sparky's constant religious ramblings, I think we still have more years to come. We may just need a new incentive for new members to join.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 pm

MGM will always be apart of my greatest memories. Practically grew up on this forum. I've caused shit, been shit, and done shit, but in the end everything has worked out. Every member here has an entity of personality that I have assigned to them, and I will not forget some of the amazing people I've met through this site. Thanks for the memories, guys.

As for getting new people, I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. Not to be a downer and such :(, but Halo Demo is slowly dying, and not enough modders still play the game. MGM has become more of a social forum group of like-minded geeks, and eventually one by one each of us will die....
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Meh. I've seen the cycle before. All three of you who have posted came here after many had already been here. Your coming brought some oldies back, in some cases. MGM was "drying up" then. And then you people showed up. The cycle is fairly likely to continue. And HD is hardly the only moddable Mac game out there.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:54 pm

This is the only fourm I actually consecutively check. I always have enjoyed talking to everyone here, being part of the community, and just chilling with everyone. I am sad that halo modding is dying, but everything good must end sometimes...
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:35 pm

We can rebuild him. Uh but maybe we need to venture to newer games instead of being stuck with halo.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 pm

We did have minecraft for awhile. I got back into it last week with this cool tekkit server actually.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Kayar wrote: The cycle is fairly likely to continue. And HD is hardly the only moddable Mac game out there.
I'll wait then.
Click!

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:57 am

Ah nostalgia.

I take comfort remembering the people from these forums - we may have only known each other through our computers' screens, but I think important parts of our lives were lived out here. I know, for me, this was a place where I was able to share things I could never have shared with anyone else (at least at the time).

But, change is inevitable, and always better embraced than derided; we're a bunch of young people, and as we grow older, we are pulled to new and different things in life. The best thing to do is stay in touch, keep our heads up, and embrace life as it comes at us.

So, for any of you who want to stay in touch, I recommend doing what Taxi, Veen, Modzy, myself, and others have done - find each other on Facebook, Twitter, or another social network, and connect, so that no matter what happens to this community, we all still have roads to one another. It always cheers me up when I see one of those fine people I mentioned pop up on my news feed.

Cheers,
-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 am

I'm open for social networking. Though I rarely use FB or Twitter, I'm up for Skype and Steam.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 pm

For all of you this is "the community" drying up but for me its just another game that is reaching its end. This forum has gone through this many times with the other game boards. Once another game gets interest the cycle will start again. For those who have moved to other games and are modding those post your progress. That is how all of the boards started here.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Kayar wrote:...And HD is hardly the only moddable Mac game out there.
Most certainly one of the only freely available Mac-exclusive online multiplayer games that I can think of.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:43 am

Monoman wrote:For all of you this is "the community" drying up but for me its just another game that is reaching its end. This forum has gone through this many times with the other game boards. Once another game gets interest the cycle will start again. For those who have moved to other games and are modding those post your progress. That is how all of the boards started here.
nil wrote:
Kayar wrote:...And HD is hardly the only moddable Mac game out there.
Most certainly one of the only freely available Mac-exclusive online multiplayer games that I can think of.
Monoman, nil nailed this issue on the head as to what keeps discussion of other games from thriving.

In general, I see no need to attempt to predict the future. I check this MacGamingMods.com forum several times a day every time I have internet access to a computer.

I learned the majority of my internet lingo through this community. I started using this forum because of Monoman, who I knew from GameRanger. On GameRanger, I started playing other game demos (I mention as I point to what I quoted of nil here) but the GameRanger service did not enjoy much of the creative mentality, such as changing the username to a space so that no name shows in the discussion windows. After exploring some basic web design things, which was during high school when I took the initiative to explore computer graphics and internet-related computer programming languages (this was a few years after I learned how to type on the computer keyboard), I decided to check out Monoman's newer web site, which included this forum. It is nice to see people's messages on this forum, and I use this wording because we often overlook the lack of personage when we use computer interfaces; the people with whom we speak are not actually present, but rather communicate information via this method, and the method limits the amount and type of communication. So don't take anything personally and don't be offended ~ extrapolating this concept to in-person communication reveals that not everyone communicates in the same ways, or the same information. Neither does each person share the same understanding of any identified value, at least because people have unique "experiences" and notice different things and interpret them differently, for instance, based upon their previous "experiences".

There's psychology in a nutshell -- um, why do we have that coin of phrase anyway? For those of you allergic to nuts, feel free to go nuts. Um. Nevermind.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.