Need a way to make money.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Smythe
Commando

Re: Need a way to make money.

Post by Smythe » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:31 am

TF2 Full time Trading.
Seriously, start with 10 bucks worth of keys, buy an item worth around 5, sell it for 6.
Continue this till you have enough to buy a Crate 40 or 30, unbox it and hope you get a strange machina, huntsman, or sapper.
Sell said items for anything between 13-18 keys, around 22 for the machina.
Buy an unusual with your 22 keys, preferably a bubbles.
1/1 trade your unusual with one thats worth slightly more
Offer if for $60 on TF2OP or SourceOP
Make $50 profit.

Don't do what i did and use that money to buy keys, and unbox 40 crates. Though that was fun.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 pm

goddamn I wish I knew the values of unusuals better, cause I would love to do that shit.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Alright... I heard that diablo Auction house was good. Maybe try that.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 pm

arachnidInquisitor wrote:goddamn I wish I knew the values of unusuals better, cause I would love to do that shit.
Throw anything my way if you want to know.
Basically if the hat is themed: Burning Pyro Hat
It's worth an absolute metric fuckton
God teir hats + anything but Fetti, N&B and maybe planets: worth between 3-20 bud.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:59 am

How much are buds worth nowadays? I'd sure love to get a pair back--

SHIT WHAT DID I JUST SAY! WHAT HAVE I BECOME! I HATE WHAT TF2 HAS BECOME!!!! :( BOO HOO HOO HOO

I miss the times when there were no hats. When weapon designs still matched the game's style... oh well.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:25 am

TaxiService wrote:
How much are buds worth nowadays? I'd sure love to get a pair back--

SHIT WHAT DID I JUST SAY! WHAT HAVE I BECOME! I HATE WHAT TF2 HAS BECOME!!!! :( BOO HOO HOO HOO

I miss the times when there were no hats. When weapon designs still matched the game's style... oh well.
It's still fun if you don't get stuck in the economy.
also buds are 22-26 keys nowadays.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:25 am

and how much would that be in refined metal? :-\ I still reason with that currency.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 pm

2.33-2.44 ref so like uh 147.8 ref at the most. small change.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Well i hear my dad said to me.

God gives times.
We are using times.
We are giving times to the businessman. (helping, working for them... etc....)
The businessman are giving us money.
Because we are giving times.

Like you are make some friend to the people.

God gives times.
We are using times
We are giving times to the people.
The people are becoming friends!
<:3

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:04 pm

arachnidInquisitor wrote:2.33-2.44 ref so like uh 147.8 ref at the most. small change.
Wha? where did that math come from?
2.44 per key, times 23 keys = 56.12 ref
Enough for 18 hats and still have 2 reclaimed and a scrap left over.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Smythe wrote:
arachnidInquisitor wrote:2.33-2.44 ref so like uh 147.8 ref at the most. small change.
Wha? where did that math come from?
2.44 per key, times 23 keys = 56.12 ref
Enough for 18 hats and still have 2 reclaimed and a scrap left over.
wow, I fucked that up. I don't even know how...

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:28 am

Sven, if you like writing enough so that you would consider it a passion, then writing will benefit you the most. Also, certainly if you were to seek a college degree in writing, an abundance of writing experience may even give you a full scholarship, where you wouldn't even need to pay for tuition. The requirements then often involve some sort of grade point average like maintaining a minimum of a B.

You also didn't mention what country you live in.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 am

Why don't you write an app and stick it on some app store?

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 am

Moxus wrote:Why don't you write an app and stick it on some app store?

-=Moxus=-
Programming skill? What programming skill?
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Do what you like doing and what is healthy for you to do and you'll learn along the way about life and such. Now's not the time to be fretting over lack of accomplishments. Life is a path of lessons and growth in learning from God, and so the best advice I can give you is to seek him rather than become distracted by all the other fears, temptations and dissipations of life. All these things are precisely contrary to the goal of doing meaningful things with your life and only want to kill you. Thank God that there is only one who is really in control and that nobody can remove you from his hand! Selfishness will only bring you faster to death; if you do good things, however, you're on the right path. So rather than looking to serve or work for food or money which is here today and gone tomorrow and you're left with a huge hole in your life, work for God instead; and this means being obedient to him and only doing good things. You see, each person's life has more meaning than they realize, and that meaning doesn't stem from their own ideas for their life but from the actual meaning of life, which is to obey God. After all, he's the one who made each of us.

And so those who accept the truth of this do well, while those who refuse to accept the truth fail time and again until they fail so much and so immensely that they either end up dying from their sins or they actually look to God and repent and gain understanding and life. That is the way of things, believe it or not.

So don't waste your time chasing after greed when greed will only destroy you. Chase after understanding, of knowing the difference between right and wrong, and "seek first the Kingdom of God", then everything else you need -- and certainly God already knows what you need since he made you and this entire universe for us by his mercy and wisdom -- will be given to you. When you have what you need, there is no reason to want. Hence, "the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." So you learn what is important in life first before you go chasing after any particular thing.

If for whatever reason your life takes you down paths of desperation and poverty, then learn from these situations and bring good things out of your heart -- for example, love your neighbor as yourself and help other poeple then. But that is why I asked you which country you live in, because clearly there are some impoverished areas of the world, and clearly being poor means so much more than food clothing and shelter. Know however that: "Watch out! Be on your guard against all forms of greed. A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

So when you are looking for a job, so to speak, don't look for the job, but look at what good things you would like to do and then seek to do them. God will provide according to his plan for you, and you should look to him as soon as you can because he is God Almighty, perfectly merciful and good, who loves you and never changes. God is always right, yet only those who go to him through Jesus Christ and are pure of heart can see him.

This world was never meant to be a permanent dwelling place, but is a constant series of lessons to obey God. Both Life and Death indicate the truth of this matter, but you can only trust God and Jesus the Christ, for The Lord is my Righteousness and my Salvation. "Heaven and Earth will all pass away, but my words will never pass away." (http://bible.cc/luke/21-33.htm) (context: http://niv.scripturetext.com/luke/21.htm)

If you argue with me about this, you only express your own lack of understanding. Take what I say and glorify God ("worship the Lord your God and serve him only" in Spirit and in Truth) with it. I hate to be harsh and I am not paving a road for argument and chaos. Rather, this is a moment for understanding.

And if you are looking for more pointed advice, consider the motto "reduce, reuse, recycle too", and avoid debt through "don't spend what you don't have". Be frugal, not wasteful. Is that plastic 2 liter bottle of soda you just finished really trash, or can you refill it with filtered tap water? To remain physically healthy, brush your teeth, wash your clothes, tend to your environment, bathe about twice a week depending upon your activities... so there are a bajillion things I could suggest, but I have given you the most important one already. Do you have parents with whom you can live? How desperate are you at this point? Sitting at a computer I find is a very poor lifestyle; variety and creativity are better here, rather than sitting in front of something you stare at for so long. This stuff is all just pish-posh suggestions which you find out on your own anyway. Listen to your parents if you have them. You'll find out that everyone has problems in this world, and some are avoidable while others affect them like blinders, where they are afraid so they behave improperly.... about that, I already said that fear is something that only seeks to destroy you. "Fear is only your imagination," someone told me. And the Good God has already said, "My mercy is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." It is wise to trust in God. Therefore, you should be praying for the people around you and asking God to bless them and to bless you also. To be blessed is to be taught by God and to understand and obey God. "Blessed are those who hear the word of God, understand and obey it." So this is to fulfill the meaning of life; you should ask God for the well-being of yourself and of all others, even your enemies. Reflect God's mercy upon all by doing what God does, by only doing good things and by loving all other people as yourself. There are many persecutions dealt by the blind, but your reward is great in heaven when you suffer to obey God. You only have one teacher, Jesus Christ. And you have only one God, the Lord God Almighty who has the authority and power to swear by himself and fulfills his covenants of everlasting faithfulness, mercy and salvation.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.