I attempted to go to English High School

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Any Error?

Excellent Grammar.
No votes
A little error in your Grammar.
33%
A little To much Error in your Grammar .
67%
I'm disappointed... to many error!
No votes

Total votes: 3

Zanghfei
Ranger

I attempted to go to English High School

Post by Zanghfei » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Well.... It sound awkward lol.
Honestly my french sucks (to many grammar comparing the english).
I was born as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_bloomer and http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art ... ekey=31169
For myself is kinda frustrating. (I don't think that I am a "Late Bloomer" and Dysphasia)
The most frustrating is that I had Dysphasia.
I have difficult on my french since 4th grade primary.
Math and other is fine.

I'm 16.... I do 7th grades -.-' (Secondaire 1 <= Years Scholar in French).
My french is bad... very bad.

I talked with my parent and they said
-"Wow WUT?! Are you serious?
Well, I'm okay with that, but it will cost us 5k$CAN. IF you switching school language."
I don't think it cost 5k$CAN to switch school language. French to English or vice-versa.
I do gather some information in the internet and see what it happen.

So what you think?

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: I attempted to go to English High School

Post by Sparky » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:20 pm

That sounds rough, Zanghfei! Man, you have it so difficult.

Have you tried using a computer program like The Rosetta Stone to help you learn languages like French and English?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:27 am

If you think it'd make the difference, I think you should have a go at an English school; it's always easier to learn in a language you feel more comfortable with, so, whether that's French or English, you should be in the environment of whichever one you find easier.

Unfortunately, in regards to it costing $5000, your parents may be right:
A Wikipedia Article on Education in Quebec wrote:According to the Charter of the French Language, all students must attend French-language public schools except:
  • • children with parents that have done most of their elementary studies in English anywhere in Canada and the parents are Canadian citizens,

• children that have already done all or most of their elementary or secondary studies in English elsewhere in Canada, and the siblings of these children, as long as the parents are Canadian citizens;
[only children who fit this description] may attend publicly-funded English schools.
that means that if your parents are from Quebec, and are Francophones, you're required by law to go to a French public school. Unless, of course, you go to a private school (which may be what your parents are talking about).

Having said that, if possible, your parents should do what's best for you even if that hurts their pocketbook a little.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:59 am

Dang, Zang. :-( I don't know what to say. Is it okay if i ask you what kind of dysphasia do you have? Do you have troubles in understanding words? Or do you have troubles in writing words? (or both? or something else?)

My opinion regarding your english: It could get better. Sometimes i have troubles understanding what you mean, but i've noticed you have been getting better and better since the first times. (I thought you used a translator at first) There are some grammatical/syntactical errors, but practice makes perfect! (I make a lot of errors too! Look at all the unnecessary commas i use, for instance..!)

Now, all i know about french are some words like bonsoir, merci and that the language structure is more similar to italian than english. I don't know what's the deal with your dysphasia, otherwise i'd tell you to keep learning french along with english. Personally, I'd like to learn as many languages as i can; but that's only my opinion meant for somebody that is just lazy.
In your case I agree with Moxus about the language choice and what your parents should do.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:23 am

Sparky wrote:That sounds rough, Zanghfei! Man, you have it so difficult.
Have you tried using a computer program like The Rosetta Stone to help you learn languages like French and English?
I have a difficult times :(.
I never used a program called The Rosetta Stone, It worth to try it.

@Moxus
Yeah... It is right.
TaxiService wrote:Dang, Zang. :-( I don't know what to say. Is it okay if i ask you what kind of dysphasia do you have? Do you have troubles in understanding words? Or do you have troubles in writing words? (or both? or something else?)

My opinion regarding your english: It could get better. Sometimes i have troubles understanding what you mean, but i've noticed you have been getting better and better since the first times. (I thought you used a translator at first)
My dysphasia problem is I had a difficulty to write a perfect sentence in French and speaking maybe?.
Sometime my teacher said.
"Your sentence make no sense!"
or "I see some error in your sentence, find it and fix it"
When I heard this like those example. I fell bad and regret it.

Nah taxi I don't use translator :P. If someone has some trouble to understanding, I use translator.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Aw, you shouldn't feel bad when there's an error in your sentences and your teacher points it out! It's their job to make you understand and be able to make correct sentences, and it's your job to learn how to do it. (and most importantly, you should not feel bad if you don't understand what the problem is. Just ask your teacher what's wrong and learn what mistake you did, so that when you do it again you can recognize it and eventually stop doing it!)

I mean, it's normal! If you want to fix your errors in english i would, um... use a dictionary! I learnt what i know today using apple's dictionary and posting in here! (lol) Like, whenever there's a word you are not quite sure the spelling of, check it out in the dict., or translate it from french to english using google's translator and check the result out in the dictionary to see if meanings match.

Anyhow i believe that with enough practicing you'll be able to speak english fluently. :) If i were in your case i would take some of the elementary english books and start reading them again; once you revise the basilar things you can go on and study the next books and so on. It might take some time, but it will be time well spent once you are able to communicate faultlessly! :wink: (i should probably go and revise some english elementary books too :-\ )
MGM Sig

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah, good idea @taxi :/, I need jobs first!
So I can buy them english book / French book.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

oh. :| can't you, like, ask your parents to get one? Or don't you have one already? Does any friend of yours have one they don't use?
MGM Sig