Wanted to pay my respects to a community that inspired me.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Andor
Operative

Wanted to pay my respects to a community that inspired me.

Post by Andor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Hey guys. It's certainly been a long time! Although my modding days are behind me, I thought I'd share with you a big achievement on my part, purely because it ties in so tightly with my modding days.

My modding name, Andor, actually originally sparked from my books that I was working on. Some of you will be aware of this, others not- but I figured it may be of interest to some of you that the book is actually now alive and kicking, and available on Amazon in the US here:
http://www.amazon.com/Andor-Awakening-S ... 377&sr=8-1
And Amazon in the UK here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andor-Awakening ... 905&sr=1-1

A blurb of the book reads as follows:

War is everywhere.

Shae is consumed by a vicious war between the human Imperium and a brutal race known only as the Raz. Humanity stands on the edge of destruction as the Razian forces advance city by city, burning everything in their path. Waking to find no memory of his troubled past and haunted by the implications of his abilities, Andor must find his place in this violent world, discover who he was, who he is, and what all of this means for Shae...

I knew and respected many of you during my modding career, and felt like it was justified for me to return and say quite simply that my writing was inspired in many ways by my modding, and, indirectly, this community. So, many thanks. I hope you enjoy reading the sample, and perhaps the book itself.

Kind Regards, and all the best to all.

EDIT:

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Everyone: please re-download the corrected edition.
To do this simply go to your account and then the "Manage Your Kindle" section under the heading "Settings". Go to the "Actions" button next to Andor Awakening, click it and choose "delete from library". Confirm, then go back to here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andor-Awakening ... 165&sr=8-1

From there you can download the book again for free while this weekend lasts. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please don't base your reviews off the previous versions formatting.

-A
Last edited by Andor on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Here: http://hosted.filefront.com/TheAndor
For my Mods, including the Evolution Trilogy, Refresh, and More....

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: Wanted to pay my respects to a community that inspired m

Post by Fonzeh » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:49 pm

lol hay man. still away atm, but ill definitely check out your book.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:14 pm

You made Refresh? Nice shit, man.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 am

Fonzie wrote:lol hay man. still away atm, but ill definitely check out your book.
Thanks mate, appreciate that. Hope to hear more about your upcoming mod, FB me. I'm out of the game, but I'll play again just to see that. Looks brilliant.

Hope you enjoy the read :)!
Vegerot wrote:lYou made Refresh? Nice shit, man.
Yup, Refresh was my last modding piece. Thank you for the compliment, means a lot to me.
Had a lot of fun with it, and I'm glad so many people enjoy it. As a creative outlet, writing replaced modding for me, and as much, if not more, passion goes into my books. See for yourself!

-A

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:08 am

Ah, hello again Andor. Good to see you checking in here, it's been a very long time! As a fellow writer/modder I will definitely buy your book, looking forward to reading it.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:19 am

Kayar wrote:Ah, hello again Andor. Good to see you checking in here, it's been a very long time! As a fellow writer/modder I will definitely buy your book, looking forward to reading it.
Hello old friend :D ! Didn't know you wrote, direct me towards your stuff?

It's certainly nice to browse through and see what's going on. Thanks for your support, I appreciate it. If you do enjoy it, please review it- your influence in that respect is huge, as your opinion, along with everyone else's, means a lot to me. Let me know what you think, and thanks again!

-A

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

I've sent you a PM. Will download your book when I get the chance.

Edit: Question: Do I need a kindle? Will look into the inner workings of Amazon and try and figure this out, there must be a way to get around that...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 pm

You don't need a kindle. Just the kindle app for mac or pc, or the iOS/Android/Blackberry App

You can find the Kindle app for PC here: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/kindle/pc

And for Mac here: www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/mac

I'll take a look at my PMs :).

-A

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Just for nostalgia's sake, you should create a mod about your book :O
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:25 pm

The plot details sound cool, and reading sucks these days. I only read Reddit, forums, and I only find few good novels.

Damn, not sure what's going to be better—the book or that photograph..?

Andor: Wolfblood sounds interesting, too.
Happy 19th.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Cronos Dage wrote: and I only find few good novels.
You aren't searching in the right places.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:34 pm

Chapters and cheap book fairs? i̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶

edit: also add on books received as gifts from who knows where
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 am

Hey Andor! I remember slightly assisting you with Refresh. Good old fun times : ). I'll try to read the preview of your book when I get the chance, although reading is not a particular fun hobby of mine : ). At this particular moment though, the Amazon links you posted seem to be invalid?
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 pm

To anybody struggling with the links, please try again in a couples of hours- the book is republishing as Amazon uploaded an old draft that had quite a few errors. Was pretty nerve racking! Thanks for the kind comment about my book, and the picture :P, and my birthday!
I won't be making a mod about my book, although that would have some pretty cool stuff in it. I understand that reading can be boring, but I get that, and I wrote this, so that's gotta say something about the book :D!

-A

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Naaaaw, not something to replace the book. Like make a really simple multiplayer map on one of the locations in the book or something just for the sake of nostalgia.