Mac Gaming Mods IdleRPG

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mac Gaming Mods IdleRPG

Post by Monoman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:36 am

I have setup a new game for those of you who visit the MGM IRC channel. If you have no idea what I'm talking about go here. The object of the game is to idle. If you do anything but idle you will be penalized. The game is setup in a new channel. Join #mgm_idlerpg to play the game.

To register for the game type:

Code: Select all

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot REGISTER <char name> <password> <char class>
The character class can be anything you want. Also you do not need the <>.

To login:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot LOGIN <char name> <password>
You will need to login anytime you disconnect, quit, or leave the channel and rejoin.

To logout:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot LOGOUT
This will result in a penalty.

To change your password:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot NEWPASS <new password>
To delete your account from the bot:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot REMOVEME
To change your good or evil alignment:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot ALIGN <good|neutral|evil>
Your alignment can affect certain aspects of the game. You may align with good, neutral, or evil. 'Good' users have a 10% boost to their item sum for battles, and a 1/12 chance each day that they, along with a 'good' friend, will have the light of their god shine upon them, accelerating them 5-12% toward their next level. 'Evil' users have a 10% detriment to their item sum for battles (ever forsaken in their time of most need...), but have a 1/8 chance each day that they will either a) attempt to steal an item from a 'good' user (whom they cannot help but hate) or b) be forsaken (for 1-5% of their TTL) by their evil god. After all, we all know that crime doesn't pay. Also, 'good' users have only a 1/50 chance of landing a Critical Strike when battling, while 'evil' users (who always fight dirty) have a 1/20 chance. Neutral users haven't had anything changed, and all users start off as neutral.

To check active quest:
/msg MGM_Idle_Bot QUEST
To check your online status and current level:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot WHOAMI
To list the current level of all your items:

/msg MGM_Idle_Bot ITEMS
As you level you will randomly gain items and battle other players.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Re: Mac Gaming Mods IdleRPG

Post by Sugarlumps » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 am

Lvl 3 Tunic is so weird >_<
I hate it when i go afk, then i get to lvl 3, then I disconnected.
Interesting system.
Click!

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Is there a way to change character class? I sent the message without thinking and now I'm Seabeast the Seabeast. xD

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:13 pm

I did mine stupid so I deleted it and made a new one.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:31 pm

If you want to change name or class, just delete your character and start a new one.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:46 am

Alright, I got Colloquy to make transcripts of both rooms individually, although the RPG one also shows PMs from the idlebot to me (but will not show any messages with the word "login").

This should be fun!

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:57 am

i think it's very nice. :D

but two things...

first of all, what are quests?

and second, can you check your items? If not, can i know how many items are there in total and what are they?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Quests will start at the higher levels. There isn't a command to list your items but I am looking to either setup a page on the site or maybe add a command that will show that.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Monoman wrote:Quests will start at the higher levels. There isn't a command to list your items but I am looking to either setup a page on the site or maybe add a command that will show that.
ok. thanks a lot. :D

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 pm

You guys are screwed...
MGM_Idle_Bot wrote:The light of the gods shines down upon you! You have found the level 70 Juliet's Glorious Ring of Sparkliness! You enemies are blinded by both its glory and their greed as you bring desolation upon them.
Also, I would like to know exactly what the numbers mean during battle. It is a win/loss ratio? Doesnt seem so since there are not that many battles. Or perhaps (more likely by my research) the progress to leveling? Which is odd because it uses time, not exp...

Also, wth? HAX

MGM_Idle_Bot: Pielogist~ [74/224] has challenged MGM_Idle_Bot [50/262] in combat and won! 0 days, 02:07:36 is removed from Pielogist~'s clock.
[03:23am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Pielogist~ reaches next level in 0 days, 08:30:24.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Vasher has summoned the Hand of God.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Verily I say unto thee, the Heavens have burst forth, and the blessed hand of God carried ShitBitch 0 days, 01:59:36 toward level 28.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: ShitBitch reaches next level in 0 days, 01:37:52.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Verily I say unto thee, the Heavens have burst forth, and the blessed hand of God carried Slapz 0 days, 00:15:52 toward level 28.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Slapz reaches next level in 0 days, 00:40:49.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Verily I say unto thee, the Heavens have burst forth, and the blessed hand of God carried Vasher 0 days, 00:51:44 toward level 28.
[03:27am] MGM_Idle_Bot: Vasher reaches next level in 0 days, 01:20:55.
And caught in the act:

MGM_Idle_Bot: Slapz reaches next level in 0 days, 11:22:39.
[04:24am] Pielogist: O_O
[04:24am] Mota-Lev: FUUUU
[04:24am] Pielogist: WHAT.
[04:25am] Mota-Lev: THERE IS NO HOPE
[04:25am] Mota-Lev: NO LVLING UP
[04:25am] Slapzy: I CAN BREATHE :D
[04:25am] Mota-Lev: LEWB RUN
[04:25am] Pielogist: :(
[04:25am] Mota-Lev: FOR UR LIFE
[04:25am] • Slapzy levels up!
[04:25am] Mota-Lev: THE BOT IS GETTING UPDATED
[04:25am] • Mota-Lev 1up
[04:25am] Slapzy: A WILD ABRA APPEARS
[04:25am] Pielogist: USE MASTER BALL
[04:25am] Mota-Lev: ITC: Spamming
[04:26am] Pielogist: it would be funny if we were all penelized a lot when the bot returns.
[04:26am] Pielogist: o_o
[04:26am] Mota-Lev: hahaha
[04:33am] MGM_Idle_Bot: 5 users matching 5 hosts automatically logged in; accounts: Draconious, Monoman, Pielogist~, Vasher, ShitBitch

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Monoman logged the Idlebot off to update it in that last bit. He added some new commands. Monoman also did those 3 Gods smile upon you things. As for your ring O_O.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 pm

What new commands? If possible, it would be nice to be able to see your inventory, and to ask the top players (it shows those every once in a while, but not often enough for me to check when i want).

As for the ring, its my gift from the gods, since the Hand of God things only worked on the three highest guys -_-
At least we know there are crazy named, epic items. Not just generic helmets and boots.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:52 am

draconic74, this is how the battles are calculated.
Each time you level, if your level is less than 25, you have a 25% chance to challenge someone to combat. If your level is greater than or equal to 25, you have a 100% chance to challenge someone. A pool of opponents is chosen of all online players, and one is chosen randomly. If there are no other online players, you fight no one. However, if you do challenge someone, this is how the victor is decided:

Your item levels are summed.
Their item levels are summed.
A random number between zero and your sum is taken.
A random number between zero and their sum is taken.
If your roll is larger than theirs, you win.
If you win, your time towards your next level is lowered. The amount that it is lowered is based on your opponent's level. The formula is:

((the larger number of (OPPONENT_LEVEL/4) and 7) / 100) * YOUR_NEXT_TIME_TO_LEVEL
This means that you lose no less than 7% from your next time to level. If you win, your opponent is not penalized any time, unless you land a Critical Strike.

If you lose, you will be penalized time. The penalty is calculated using the formula:

((the larger number of (OPPONENT_LEVEL/7) and 7) / 100) * YOUR_NEXT_TIME_TO_LEVEL
This means that you gain no less than 7% of your next time to level. If you lose, your opponent is not awarded any time.

Battling the IRPG bot is a special case. The bot has an item sum of 1+[highest item sum of all players]. The percent awarded if you win is a constant 20%, and the percent penalized if you lose is a constant 10%.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:52 pm

So beating the bot at a low level should be quite hard if the high levels have good items. Good to know. And the numbers next to the name represent [ Random_Num / Total_Items ]? Yes, makes sense now.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon May 17, 2010 5:52 am

No one stands a chance against the NinjaPenguin!
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.