What major operating system version do you use?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

What major operating system version do you use?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:02 am

10.6 (Snow leopard)
33%
10.5 (Leopard)
39%
10.4 (Tiger)
24%
10.3 (Panther)
3%

Total votes: 33

Spartan-039
Veteran

Re: What major operating system version do you use?

Post by Spartan-039 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Windows Vista home premium (bootcamp) (I know, it's horrible)
ImageImage

Asuka Langley
Veteran

Post by Asuka Langley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Spartan-039 wrote:10.6.2

Windows Vista home premium (bootcamp) (I know, it's horrible)
get window vista black edition or window 7 beta cracked :P

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 pm

i don't even bother with any windows above XP at the moment. tell me when they make them decent.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Ninja, with Ice. wrote:i don't even bother with any windows above XP at the moment. tell me when they make them decent.
Windows 7. Heard of it? Vista had some pretty bad growing pains but it was still a decent OS (for a non-*nix anyways). It had some problems with promised features getting cut, driver issues and being deployed outside a hardware upgrade cycle. It also was the first new Windows OS in 6 years. Most people had forgotten the original instabilities of XP and were shocked at the new hardware requirements. The UAC and some of the other security upgrades were actually intelligent moves by MS to try to curb stupid things like writing temporary files to the C:\ root directory. There's a reason that now they redirect most installs to a user directory tree instead of the system tree. Of course this broke a great many programs that had been poorly designed. But let's not forget that XP was the first version of Windows to drop support for DOS instead forcing those programs to run in an emulated environment. I'm not particularly fond of Windows for architectural reasons and MS is no prize winner but the recent editions of the OS are not as terrible as people make them out to be and I just hate to see software unjustly criticized.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:24 am

So, many people seem up to date with OS X. "Up to date" by my standard is being on Leopard or Snow Leopard. I created this poll to get an idea of how many Tiger and Panther users are still out there and if it's worth to support compatibility for those operating systems on any new programs/updates/ that I may be working on. Panther is most likely always out of the question, Tiger compatibility may depend on what I'm making.

By the way, I don't care about Windows, and I also definitely don't care who has it, which is why I didn't put those operating systems in the poll.
Fortune wrote:I use 10.4.11 but only cuz I cant update with my mom's leopard disk and my parents won't let me install a torrented one. (The leopard disc is for intel only methinks)
I'm skeptical about that.

[edit]: Forgot to say, but thanks everyone who did for voting!
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Zappo 93
Operative

Post by Zappo 93 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:32 am

I personally use 10.6 and 9.2.2
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig