Direct IP Dedicated Server on Mac (without GameRanger) ?

Everything about GhR and its mods.
ApexMods

Direct IP Dedicated Server on Mac (without GameRanger) ?

Post by ApexMods » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:43 am

Is there a way to host a dedicated Ghost Recon server on Mac without using GameRanger? Maybe a CLI/non-GUI solution (OS X Terminal)?
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents (1770)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Direct IP Dedicated Server on Mac (without GameRanger) ?

Post by Monoman » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Yes, you can host a dedicated server on Mac without GameRanger. It has been awhile since I did this but if I remember correctly the steps are listed in one of the text files installed with the game. I'm not on my Mac at the moment so when I do I'll modify this to include the instructions.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

ApexMods

Post by ApexMods » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:09 am

Monoman wrote:Yes, you can host a dedicated server on Mac without GameRanger [...] I'll modify this to include the instructions.
Cool! Thanks a lot, Monoman! :D
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents (1770)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:06 am

Create a new folder in the same folder as your Ghost Recon app is located and name the folder "run-server". Once that is done, when you click on the Ghost Recon app the game will start up in dedicated server mode.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

ApexMods

Post by ApexMods » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:10 am

Wow... That was easy! :shock:

Thanks again, Monoman!