Ground Branch - the new Classic Ghost Recon? (For the Mac!)

Everything about GhR and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Ground Branch - the new Classic Ghost Recon? (For the Mac!)

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:24 pm

It's been quite a while since I posted on these forums, mainly because there haven't been that many Mac games that have really gripped me recently in the way that - say - Bad Company 2 or Borderlands 2 has on the PC.

Since the heady days when I played Unreal Tournament (and various excellent mods like TacOps) and Classic Ghost Recon on the Mac things seem to have sort of declined - even though the Mac games world is perhaps healthier that it ever has been (I have titles like CIV V and Left4Dead2 on my MacBook). But today I discovered a game that not only recognizes the Mac as a principal platform but also is attempting to give us back our original Ghost Recon after years of the pitiful sequels.

Ground Branch is: "...an exciting development from one of the original Ghost Recon developers, John Sonedecker of Blackfoot Studios. John is planning a brand new tactical shooter more like Ghost Recon than any other game released in the last decade. To pledge your support and help this project get off the ground please visit the following links, and support the growth of a true tactical shooter game, just like Ghost Recon in 2001!"

And if you visit the site and look at the media and read the features and description you'll soon see that this game is being put together by another Classic GhR fan that wants his old GhR back, but with up to date graphics and some bells and whistles!

The developers are trying to get funding for this project and you can donate by means of Kickstarter > here <

I have donated and maybe if you feel that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to re-ignite the thrills and realism of teh Classic Ghost Recon then please consider making whatever donation you can too - together we might get our old GhR back! (On the Mac!)

The Official Ground Branch web site

All the best flow Ghosts!

Ranger

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: Ground Branch - the new Classic Ghost Recon? (For the Ma

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Looks cool. Suddenly after I start using kickstarter I see it everywhere. Welcome back by the way.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:15 am

Hey Ranger, I had checked out the site before and after they started the Kickstarter project. Its been awhile but I think some of the Blackfoot guys use to be GhR modders when the game first came out.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:30 am

Hi Mgalekgolo,

yeah, games funded by Kickstarter have been in the news a lot over the past month - perhaps the best known is the new Carmagedon.

I think it's a good think and shows just how disgruntled PC gamers have become with the games industry and their unwillingness - like Hollywood - to take a chance on anything new and innovative. It's regularly been small independent game developers who have carried the flag for innovative ideas, but the Kickstarter method bridges the gap between the micro-developers and the big companies in that it allows freelance developers to fund teams, as with Bround Branch.

I think it's great! (IF they achieve their goal.)

The good news for this forum - which I forgot to mention - is that they are very pro-modding. It's a principal part of their plan - another reason I'm excited.

EDIT: Just note Monoman has posted about the modding while I was writing this! :) Hello there!

I would really like this project to become 'real' as I have become really disillusioned with computer games recently.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm

This looks great, I pledged it but I don't think it'll be a success. The funding I mean. It's been creeping up very slowly. It may not be funded completely.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.